The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   speeding :( (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3918)

AnthraXFan 04-28-2002 03:25 PM

speeding :(

well, it sucked...i was up north, second day that i had the car. it was a bit wet outside, going on some road way out in the middle of northern michigan(no sign of life for soo many miles away) heading back to a party, went to get some pinapple juice for my drinks, and got pulled over. was goin 65 in a 55...thank god the cop only gave me 60 in a 55. i really should have transfered my fuzz buster to the new car, but i was using masking tape to hold the old one in place. just wanted to get a new one. cop had never heard of my car before, so that was about the only bonus :) this car hardly feels like you are goin that fast, seemed like i was doin maybe 50. crazy.....

AnthraXFan 04-28-2002 03:25 PM

oh, BTW, my first ticket in the 7 years i've had a drivers licence.....

EverclearAtMSU 04-28-2002 03:36 PM

ouch, that's no good. Tickets suck! Oh, out of curiousity, what did he write up your car as? My ticket said subaru pl or something like that on it

AnthraXFan 04-28-2002 03:44 PM

oh, they wrote it up just as a 96 Subaru 2D Green. that's all.

Doogie 04-28-2002 03:49 PM

I got pulled over for a 40 in 25 on friday night. Long story short he let me off with a warning.:D

I_Alcyone_I 04-28-2002 05:02 PM

I got a 90 in a sixty ticket. luckily I had slowed down from 105 before he saw me. Heh funny part is I only had to pay 20 dollars for it.

Green1995SVX 04-28-2002 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by I_Alcyone_I
I got a 90 in a sixty ticket. luckily I had slowed down from 105 before he saw me. Heh funny part is I only had to pay 20 dollars for it.
I got a 88 in a 65. Slowed from 105 when the radar detector went off. $160 ticket; had to take drivers test again.

-Mike

Mr. Pockets 04-28-2002 05:42 PM

I have yet to be pulled over in the SVX. The vast majority of my time behind the wheel in the SVX is spent at less than 10 over the limit.

SuperRuu 04-28-2002 06:51 PM

Ahhh 120 in a 65--
no ticket he couldn't catch me.. damn american cars.

ekprintsos 04-28-2002 06:57 PM

Until you clocked at a buck three (103) in a school zone....(25 ) you don't know what it feels like to get stung!

I took the turn at the end of the school zone...and floored it! like a bat out of hell.... the cop was parked behind the bridge on the left... I never saw him coming...
when i got wind of the lights behind me, I nearly **** bricks.
Turns out I knew the cop (known him since I was 16 yrs old) and I figured I'd try chatting and explaining what I was trying to do... I rolled down my window and said "hi mr. C, I picked the car up from the dealership and wanted to make sure the noise it was making was gone....and... ) and he stopped me dead in my tracks and said: kathy don't talk, just give me your license and registration. To date that is the highest ticket I've received. $350.00. Luckily my uncle put in a good word for me and they lowered it to $50.00.
Then there's the other time I got roadblocked going to the Cape...
I think I posted that one on the old svx/yahoo site... some of you may remember.... long story... lesbian cop came out...couldn't flirt my way out of that one..... yikes! result... $250.00 ticket...

It is a crime to have a car like this and not drive it like it's meant to be driven!
kat

46 tickets/warnings and counting....

:cool:

punisher 04-28-2002 07:09 PM

Don't they take your license away after a certain number of tix??

ekprintsos 04-28-2002 07:17 PM

It helps when you have a lot of state troopers for best friends...
:) that and when you can wear a mini skirt ;)
k

svxeno 04-28-2002 07:19 PM

I'm not saying anything because I know what will happen to me then.

Randy (I'm not going to say it) ii ;)

punisher 04-28-2002 07:21 PM

I look terrible in a mini skirt =( Damn these hairy chicken legs...

EverclearAtMSU 04-28-2002 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by punisher
Don't they take your license away after a certain number of tix??
here its 12 points....i've got 8...so that's one more for me :mad:

oh, to date, i've gotten away from 2 cops...one in a neighborhood at dark, the cop did a u turn, we took 2 quick turns, turned into some drive way w/ the lights off and ducked down, 2 seconds later bright flashy lights go flying by....the other one was in in a subdivision, going down blasting music, was playing looking for a cd, look up right at the cop, he went a little ways, then pulled into a drive way to turn around, i took a right turn, the second he was out of sight floored it, took the 1st left and right up into my friends drive way...was going 65 at that point in time, got out of the car and into his garage, where he was...he got a wtf out and just then cop goes flying by lights all lit up :D

I'm getting too old for that stuff now