The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mechanic available in NJ (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29036)

TomsSVX 10-18-2005 06:41 PM

Mechanic available in NJ

Well to try and drum up som extra cash I want offer my services to anyone who needs work done on their cars. I will give you honest rates and I can do just about anything from diagnosis to repairs. I always ask for help from the more knowledgable people on this board when I need it. Just shoot me a pm or fire away at this thread if you would like some work done...

Auto trans replacement $400 plus parts(1 day)
-Replacement of stock transmission with one of the same gear ratio.
-Replacement of transmission pan gasket and internal filter.
-Refill of transmission and front differential with fluids of your choice

Auto Trans upgrade- $500 plus parts(1 day)
-Replacement of auto trans with one of a different gear ratio (4.11/4.44)
-Rear differential swap(swapping the LSD carrier from SVX diff to matching gear ratio)
-Replacement of transmission pan gasket and internal filter.
-Refill of transmission and front differential with fluids of your choice

5/6 speed swap $1500-$1600*-$1800** plus parts(1 week)
-Replacement of auto for 5/6 speed manual transmission
-Custom built Cradle style Crossmember
-Shift linkage extension
-Pedal box retro-fit
-Wiring to use reverse lights and neutral safety switch on clutch pedal.
* this is for transmissions besides that of the WRX that need to have the rear differential gear ratio changed.
** this is for the Sti 6 speed transmission in which the owner would like to convert to the R180 rear differential and axles.

I also do most any maintenance of SVXes. This is $40 per hour. Things like timing belt/cam seals/oil pump seals/ water pump/thermostat replacement can all be consolodated into one job. I can also replace your wheels bearings that are screaming at you

If you would like to know more or contact me about your car, feel free to pm me anytime and I will respond as soon as possible

Aim- Hotmess106
Cell- (609) 276-7279

Tom

Tim 10-18-2005 07:32 PM

How much to do my 4EAT 4.44 swap? :D

SVXRide 10-18-2005 08:16 PM

How about installing a crank and "special" pistons before 11/25? :rolleyes:

TomsSVX 10-18-2005 09:12 PM

Depends... will you be bringing the parts??

Bill, I think you can figure out the motor all by urself, but if u need help, I can give ya a hand ;)

Tom

SVXRide 10-18-2005 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Depends... will you be bringing the parts??

Bill, I think you can figure out the motor all by urself, but if u need help, I can give ya a hand ;)

Tom

Tom,
Yeah, but it's always more fun to have friends around to help! :D :cool:
-Bill

TomsSVX 10-18-2005 09:26 PM

since when are we friends?? I thought we were bitter enemies... at least until after the 25 ;)

Tom

Tim 10-19-2005 06:15 AM

If anything I could call svxfiles' parts guy and have it shipped to your location..

I'd also be willing to help, as my driveway/garage is to small for such a job. :(

SilverSpear 10-19-2005 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Well to try and drum up som extra cash I want offer my services to anyone who needs work done on their cars. I will give you honest rates and I can do just about anything from diagnosis to repairs. I always ask for help from the more knowledgable people on this board when I need it. Just shoot me a pm or fire away at this thread if you would like some work done...

Tom

Tom I have some burned dashlight bulbs, can you fix them for me? and the airplane ticket is on you.. :D I will pay you 400$ for ur services because i am too lazy to change them myself... :D :D

TomsSVX 10-19-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Tom I have some burned dashlight bulbs, can you fix them for me? and the airplane ticket is on you.. :D I will pay you 400$ for ur services because i am too lazy to change them myself... :D :D

um....wtf is that??

Yeah man, yoou could have Tom ship the parts or we could find them ourselves... Let me know

Tom

Tim 10-19-2005 01:51 PM

Sent you a pm :D

TomsSVX 10-19-2005 03:35 PM

Cool, hope to meet up with you this week and see exactly what needs to be done...

Anyone else need some work done??

Tom

A Fake Vision 10-19-2005 03:42 PM

not yet but perhaps in the near future. ill let you know. oh and tom, if you held your meet the sunday instead of saturday i would be able to make it :rolleyes: just in case you wanted to see the car i bought :D :p ;) :D

TomsSVX 10-19-2005 03:58 PM

It has always been on a saturday, but if people would rather have it on a sunday... I guess I could be pursuaded

Tom

A Fake Vision 10-19-2005 04:35 PM

yeah saturdays in december are death for me :( if its cool with sunday im def in.

pnyklr 10-19-2005 06:09 PM

I may need a fender installed and I cant figure out why my ABS light is on :confused: