The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reaading VII Hotel Preference Poll (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28946)

svxcess 10-14-2005 08:25 AM

READING VII Hotel Preference Poll

Let's see if this poll generates a little more enthusiasm than the Date poll. In the past we have traditionally used two hotels. The Morgantown Holiday Inn, site of last year's meet (and the first Reading meet) and the Lancaster (Denver) Holiday Inn, (Reading VI, V). The owner of the Denver Holiday Inn "supposedly" was an SVX owner (but we nerver met him, saw him at the meets, or saw his SVX, strange...)

Each has something to recommend it, but my feelings are that most members like Morgantown for their huge parking lot and "dragstrip" and large bar. The Lancaster site had the covered area by registration, with tables and chairs and the "elephant", but not great parking and lots of buses and trucks,

There may be some other hotel in the area that we are not familiar with. Local members to that area would have to do the homework. We need to get the ball rolling on this as well. Last year's meet poll had two choices, one for date and one for hotel. This was a lot easier.

Check last year's poll thread for comments and insights as to what each hotel had and why we changed from Morgantown to Lancaster and back to Morgantown. Click HERE

Earthworm 10-14-2005 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
Reaading

Is that anywhere near Reading? :p

svxcess 10-14-2005 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
Is that anywhere near Reading? :p

Sorry about that. Evidentally you can edit the title of the thread or anything in the post, but once you use a poll, you cannot change the title of the poll.

But to answer your question, Reaading is close to Morgaantown, but still in Pennsylvaania. A short trip for those of us in Maaryland, Virginiaa and Delaaware. However, for those coming from Maanitoba, its another matter. :D

~*~JenSVX~*~ 10-14-2005 03:21 PM

Where's the ol' doesn't make a difference to me option? Just tryin to make thing s easier! :)

A Fake Vision 10-14-2005 08:12 PM

i agree with jen. im cool wherever whenever...beer and svx... perfect combo. this excitement is just too much!!

svxcess 10-14-2005 08:50 PM

Poll is a little more than 12 hours old and already 6-0 in favor of Morgantown. I wish I could get a little more action on the Date Poll...

Seraph 10-14-2005 09:07 PM

I like to be different. Not that Morgantown was any bad.

svxcess 10-14-2005 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraph
I like to be different. Not that Morgantown was any bad.

Okay Lwin, we'll let you check out an alternative. You know the criteria:

An accommodating and very tolerant management
Inexpensive, and very plush, rooms
A great bar that stays open late
Good restaurants (either in the hotel or nearby)
A convenient, comprehensive 24/7 auto parts store
A great parking lot
A huge parking lot
A dedicated parking lot for SVX's only
Good lighting and security
Availability of groupies for the strong, young turks, the mid-lifers, and the aging, but able, baby boomers and beyond.

Feel free to add to the list...

Anyone in the Pennsylvania area willing to champion Lwin's cause?

LarryIII 10-15-2005 05:34 AM

John,

Both of us slightly prefer the HI at Denver, PA; but we are open to either HI. Makes no difference to us.

Maybe, we should look into a Hilton hotel, so we can get Paris and all her cute friends to go 'Ga GA' over Subafreak.
;) ;) :D

SUBBYRU89 10-17-2005 09:58 PM

Where ever it is I'm sure will be as great as ever after all it's not the place as much as it is the company kept...

and I found a perfect sign for Subafreak...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ish/nolick.jpg

Seraph 10-18-2005 06:51 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

ensteele 10-18-2005 10:35 PM

Quote:

I wish I could get a little more action on the Date Poll...

I was just checking my Date Poll and I would like a little more action myself. :o :o

mohrds 10-19-2005 07:56 AM

Quote:

I wish I could get a little more action on the Date Poll...

Don't we all :eek:

Subafreak 10-23-2005 06:16 PM

Double :D :D