The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does your car have a Name? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18490)

tancred 05-05-2004 10:14 PM

Does your car have a Name?

Im sure this has been done before, but Im just curious, mine has a name, but it also gets lots of names depending on how often she uses my credit card...

Her usual name is "Elina" named her after my best friend, I trust her with my life, I trust my car with my life daily...lol.....

Chiketkd 05-05-2004 10:22 PM

Good thread...

I call mine Gilliam II after the anime series "Seihou Bukyou" or Outlaw Star. My former 300ZX TT was Gilliam I.

:D

tancred 05-05-2004 10:25 PM

Alright after chike's response maybe this was a mistake...jk buddy..

manofmayo 05-05-2004 10:35 PM

I call mine Roo, its a guy this time.

My last subaru, an impreza, is named Sara.

Landshark 05-05-2004 10:46 PM

like i said in a previous thread of the same topic, people who name their cars kinda scare me. :eek:

i do call my one lawnmower m**********r sometimes.

shelfy 05-05-2004 10:47 PM

the claret's name is sven and greenie's name is svetlana.

Alycone 05-05-2004 11:08 PM

Mine's name is Su (or Sue I guess). :)

HighwayUFO 05-05-2004 11:45 PM

I've been known to name it Bertha from time to time, But its real name is Shannon.

LIBRA927 05-05-2004 11:56 PM

Does your car have a name?

I refer to my vehicle as the "TSUNAMI". It's Japanese for Tidal Wave. A very powerful natural force. :cool: :cool: :cool:

LarryIII 05-06-2004 04:32 AM

My bologna has two names.
Its first name is OSCAR, and its last name is MAYER.
:D :D :D

Our car names are listed in the signature block. Those names ore on the vanity plate on each car. Inaddition, the '92 & '97 SVXes are considered to be male; and the '94 SVX & '97 Outback are considered to be female.

Is there a psychiatrist in the house?:D :D

KennEls 05-06-2004 04:45 AM

Named to Shame?

Had thought of giving it a name but the wife beat me to it. She calls it B.U.C. Seems the poor car is stuck with this now.

Doesn't have a tow bar?

Can't fit a hound in it. (yes I can, have to open the roof tho')

Keeps threating to get speeding tickets.

Can't park it at the shops.

and a whole lot more.

Kenn.

BUC (B++++y Useless Car)

CigarJohnny 05-06-2004 05:56 AM

Being all black and swoopy, my SVX was dubbed "The Batmobile" by my son and it's pretty much stuck since. I also call it "baby", as in "Good night, Baby" when I shut her down for the last time before retiring for the evening.

As for it being male or female. I don't think of it as either. It is just different. Can't explain it.

Johnny

RSVX 05-06-2004 06:01 AM

Precious... and this was BEFORE the Lord of the Rings movies came out and had NOTHING to do with the books...

mohrds 05-06-2004 06:29 AM

Re: Named to Shame?

Quote:

Originally posted by KennEls
Can't fit a hound in it. (yes I can, have to open the roof tho')
Kenn.

BUC (B++++y Useless Car)

I fit English Mastiffs in it all the time.

first SVX - Bessie
second SVX - Eddie

Non SVXs and previous cars:
97 Explorer - Clyve
00 Denali - Spike
00 Excursion - Sully
91 F150 - Peterbert
93 BMW - Sophie
70 Mustang - Stacy
69 Mustang - Suzy
76 LTD - Christine

Mr. Pockets 05-06-2004 07:25 AM

Re: Does your car have a name?

Quote:

Originally posted by LIBRA927
I refer to my vehicle as the "TSUNAMI". It's Japanese for Tidal Wave. A very powerful natural force. :cool: :cool: :cool:
You're close, but not really correct. A tidal wave is caused by the gravitational interaction of the sun, moon and earth. Since the tides are caused by the same interactions, that's why we call the waves 'tidal.'

A tsunami is something entirely different. It's a large wave caused by sudden movement of the seafloor, like an earthquake.

Yes, a tsunami is a large wave. But it's not a tidal wave.

On topic: I don't really call my cars by any names. I'm a little embarrassed to. I've always sort of associated my SVX with a car in the Isaac Asimov story 'Sally.' But that car could think. Mine cannot.

Our Legacy had a Jeb Bush sticker on it when we bought it. So sometimes we call it Jeb.

I do assign them genders. The Legacy and Justy are dumb boys and the SVX is a girl.