The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT-Canadians enter the war! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9737)

Scott 04-02-2003 01:38 PM

OT-Canadians enter the war!

Canada has decided to contribute to the war effort -- they are sending 2 Battle Ships, 6000 Soldiers & 10 Jet Fighters. Unfortunately, because of the exchange rate, that comes out to be two canoes, a mounty, and a couple of flying squirrels."

Got this from a web site. Thought it would amuse some and piss off others, but figured I would post it anyway cause it was funny.

Scott

Possible show up for Reading!

nordique14 04-02-2003 04:23 PM

Ridiculous! Canadians would never give up their flying squirrels.

Matt

vkykam 04-02-2003 04:51 PM

Wow... That means our exchange rate must've gone up...

A few months back it would've worked out to 2 air-inflated "watercrafts", a prison guard, and two roadkills.

:D

GO Canadian Pesos!

VK

SVXphile 04-02-2003 07:13 PM

Flashback

<Unfortunately, because of the exchange rate, that comes out to be two canoes, a mounty, and a couple of flying squirrels." >

OK....explain to me why I can't get the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" theme outa my head... :(

Don

Soobarooo 04-03-2003 12:10 AM

Impossible! I don't think we have any flying squirrels.

LarryIII 04-03-2003 04:56 AM

Hey guys,

Enough is enough! Practice a little restraint & decorum in public.

If ever any of you go to Normandy, France; visit the cemetaries. The Bristish and Canadian ones are right next to the American one. Many young Canadian men lost their lives or body parts fighting for freedom and democracy beside the Americans and British on Dec. 7, 1944. It's a debt that our generation can never fully repay.

vkykam 04-03-2003 07:51 AM

Aww... Com'on... It was as much a slap on the Canadian Armed Forces as the Canadian Dollar... Just when I was having fun poking at myself... :D

That 6000 soldiers actually translates, after the foreign exchange, to 31 soldiers, the exact number of Canadian soldiers in Iraq right now, under an exchange program with the United States. Yet our government says we're not participating in the war. You could've had the ship and the helicopters too, but they crashed one of our own helicopter on the ship as it was on the way to Persian Gulf, so it had to head back to Canada. :rolleyes:

That's all sad, but true too.

VK

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Hey guys,

Enough is enough! Practice a little restraint & decorum in public.

LarryIII 04-03-2003 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by vkykam
Aww... Com'on... It was as much a slap on the Canadian Armed Forces as the Canadian Dollar... Just when I was having fun poking at myself... :D

That 6000 soldiers actually translates, after the foreign exchange, to 31 soldiers, the exact number of Canadian soldiers in Iraq right now, under an exchange program with the United States. Yet our government says we're not participating in the war. You could've had the ship and the helicopters too, but they crashed one of our own helicopter on the ship as it was on the way to Persian Gulf, so it had to head back to Canada. :rolleyes:

That's all sad, but true too.

VK

Victor,

I appologize to you. It seems that I posted my message to the wrong thread. It should have been posted to the "I Want Serious Opinions" thread. My post was directed at fifthelement and Soobarooo. I thought that Canadians were being unfairly denigrated in this thread and these two were carying on like 3 year olds. I guess I had a real big brain fart.

Sorry again.

Larry

vkykam 04-03-2003 01:47 PM

First, I was Cecelia. Now this... :D

Can't blame you though. If I was posting at 6:56am, my brain cells won't be firing either. :D :D

VK
Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
It seems that I posted my message to the wrong thread. ..... I guess I had a real big brain fart.

Aredubjay 04-03-2003 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Soobarooo
Impossible! I don't think we have any flying squirrels.
I'll be happy to send you some. I could have Boris and Natasha deliver them, sometime next month. :D

Soobarooo 04-03-2003 08:06 PM

Larry III,

What are you talking about? What did I do?