The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Greatest movie moments (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55044)

SoCal LS-L 07-14-2010 11:55 PM

Greatest movie moments

Everyone knows their favs, and you can bet Youtube has em!

SoCal LS-L 07-19-2010 05:37 PM

Re: Greatest movie moments

One of the best scenes from one of the ALL TIME funniest movies ever made. If you have never seen "Strange Brew", you are in for a treat.

K_Dub 07-19-2010 06:01 PM

Tough to beat this classic;

A Scout II, a BRAT, Burt Reynolds' mustache, and the road I commute every morning. It's like they made this movie just for me.

Sean486 07-19-2010 06:43 PM

This one is pretty common but I've always loved it.

(I grew up near the NJ Shore and watched this movie when I about 10)

Thanks for the Youtube help.

K_Dub 07-19-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 653027)
embed youtube video FAIL

Unlike pics, you cannot just copy the URL from the top of your browser. Try hitting the "embed" button just below the video on youtube, then pasting that into your post (after hitting our "youtube" button).

I really am no good at describing this better, no matter how many times I try, but I want to see your clip. Give it another try.

SoCal LS-L 07-19-2010 07:53 PM

Sean... when you get to the Youtube video page, click the embed button. It will automatically copy it to your clipboard. Open a reply page here, paste, then highlight all the weird text..... after its highlighted, click the red button up above that says "tube" and it will wrap the embed code with the appropriate text to make the video appear!

K_Dub 07-19-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L (Post 653031)
Sean... when you get to the Youtube video page, click the embed button. It will automatically copy it to your clipboard. Open a reply page here, paste, then highlight all the weird text..... after its highlighted, click the red button up above that says "tube" and it will wrap the embed code with the appropriate text to make the video appear!

That makes a lot more sense than what I wrote. Cool, I've always hit the red button and pasted the code into the window that opens. Didn't realize I could do it that way after the code is in the post.

/Description fail.:o

Fun thread though. Let's see s'more. Like "Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia" 1974. Warning; Peckinpah was a violent man, and it shows in every one of his films, but he also loved children. This scene doesn't show any children, just beautifully choreographed cinematic violence.

SoCal LS-L 07-19-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Dub (Post 653032)
That makes a lot more sense than what I wrote. Cool, I've always hit the red button and pasted the code into the window that opens. Didn't realize I could do it that way after the code is in the post.

/Description fail.:o

Fun thread though. Let's see s'more.

Your way works too! Its actually easier to push the tube tab, THEN hit control+V inside the markers.

As requested,

dbarnblatt 07-19-2010 08:30 PM

So many moments in Dr. Strangelove! Besides Peter Sellers' outstanding performance, this scene always cracks me up! Slim Pickins as Major Kong:

Landshark 07-20-2010 07:01 AM

SoCal LS-L 07-21-2010 12:50 AM

Riotous spoof of Back to the Future..... 91 seconds long, watch out for the Lybians in the VW bus :lol::lol::lol:

Francis 07-21-2010 06:28 AM

not for kids...

Mike621 07-21-2010 10:49 AM

Clip from one of my favorite action movies:

Mike621 07-21-2010 11:04 AM

One more great chase

EPIC when he shoots the RPG out of the sunroof. Also the reverse 180* in the oldschool MB at 5:20 is pretty tight!

SoCal LS-L 07-21-2010 11:11 AM

Folks sure flash their lights a lot in Europe. Id be more likely to keep my hands on the wheel if I had to dodge a head-on. :tongue: