The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Helped! Locked out of my SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32543)

SVXMAN2001 04-08-2006 08:28 AM

Helped! Locked out of my SVX

Hi everyone, well i've locked myself out of my svx! is there anyway short of getting a locksmith to get back into my car? Anyway help is appreciated, thanks in advance,

chris

SVXMAN2001 04-08-2006 08:30 AM

just a t hought but does all of our remote entries open up only a specific svx? I t hought i remember them not being specific. The reason i ask is that there's a guy down the street with an svx that maybe has a remote, i dunno i am reaching!

SVXMAN2001 04-08-2006 08:42 AM

oh and another thing, this happened to me about 4 years ago and i ended up getting a key made. Does anyone know the code for our keys?

It's Just Eric 04-08-2006 09:07 AM

I dunno about the svxm but the clothes hanger method works wonders on everything else. my sister does it on her car all the time. She basicly bends a metal cote hanger to have a hook on the end. She uses a butter knife to pry the top of the door/ window away from the car. Slides the hanger in and uses it to either lift the door handle or oush the unlock buttons. Im not sure how well it will work on the svx because of the way the door is framed out, but its worth a shot.

TomsSVX 04-08-2006 09:13 AM

the svx is a breeze to break into. Might not want to say this too loud but the tops of our doors are pryed open easily. That being said, use a coat hanger to lift the door handle.

Tom

SSSVX 04-08-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
the svx is a breeze to break into. Might not want to say this too loud but the tops of our doors are pryed open easily. That being said, use a coat hanger to lift the door handle.

Tom

That happpened to me once on the yellow one. Because I didn't know why when I left the key in that car, it'd sometimes lock it by itself. I used the hanger to try around...it worked for me. I spent about 10mins to successfully lift the door handle. I am sure for those experts who do it very often and with the right tool, they can unlock the doors in one minute or even 30 seconds.

SVXMAN2001 04-08-2006 10:08 AM

thanks for the help guys, i've been trying for hte past hour in the pouring rain, and no luck. I am trying the door handle which i can pull up but nothing. i can't get at a good enough angle or have enough pressure to move the latch up (the knob with the orange marking)

SVXMAN2001 04-08-2006 10:18 AM

does anyone know that key code: I thought it was 8869 but i am probably wrong

TomsSVX 04-08-2006 10:40 AM

key codes are specific to the car's VIN #. You can go to subaru and have them cut you a new key based on the car's vin. Just hope that the PO didn't change the locks...

Tom

Mike621 04-08-2006 11:52 AM

I called AAA and they sent a locksmith. Took him five mins to get there and a minute to open the lock, plus he lubed the door lock for me so itd turn easier.

Cost: Nothing, other than my regular AAA membership each year.

Speedklix 04-08-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621
I called AAA and they sent a locksmith. Took him five mins to get there and a minute to open the lock, plus he lubed the door lock for me so itd turn easier.

Cost: Nothing, other than my regular AAA membership each year.

yeah, I used to have a set of those lock out keys. you had to lube the lock or else you would be buying new tools. :rolleyes:

dannmarr 04-08-2006 09:14 PM

If the hook on the hanger seems to slip on the door lock, wrap some electrical tape at the end of the wire. This usually helps to get a better grab ( rubber up against plastic is better than metal up against plastic ).;)

berger 04-08-2006 09:58 PM

when i bought my SVX, the previous owner gave me 2 sets of keys. and jsut before i drove off, he said & showed me where a 3rd key was on the car, somehwere underneath, he had taped a key to a part under the car, out of view from anyone, jsut says it handy if you ever lose the key. jsut reach under & get the car.

dannmarr 04-09-2006 08:51 AM

You can buy a magnetic key keeper and stick it under the car or keep an extra key in your wallet.

Seraph 04-09-2006 09:55 AM

Your keycode is on your key. The original black key will have it. The dealer will need your title to cut the key.