The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   sighting in pa (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44565)

newkid17 04-30-2008 03:00 PM

sighting in pa

so... i was in south williamsport and i saw a black svx.(well it looked black n e ways) and i also saw it the other day in loyalsock by the sheets on the golden strip. i was just woundering if there is anyone on here with it? also does anyone live anywhere close to williamsport/montoursville pa area?

Hocrest 04-30-2008 03:14 PM

I'm in Pottsville, there's a hand full of them around WB/Scranton.

Sean486 04-30-2008 03:19 PM

There was a black one for sale in Jersey Shore PA a few months ago, I bet that was the one.

svxed 04-30-2008 04:44 PM

I want to know why there seem to be so many in PA?
Was there an marketing campaign targeting PA residents?
Perhaps it is my subjective perspective.
I passed a Laguna blue yesterday (going the other way) on Rte 23
and am still wondering who was driving an Ebony behind me before
the Reading meet on Buckwalter Rd. in Limerick

Manarius 04-30-2008 07:38 PM

PA has a lot Subaru's in general, not just SVX's. It's a Northeast kinda thing.

SUBBYRU89 04-30-2008 11:22 PM

We know a good thing when we see it:D

greggbzz 05-01-2008 03:16 AM

I was in Hawley (north of lake Wallenpaupack) a few weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon and say a beautiful black with custom rims (chrome colored I think).

shotking 05-01-2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggbzz (Post 545144)
I was in Hawley (north of lake Wallenpaupack) a few weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon and say a beautiful black with custom rims (chrome colored I think).

I don't understand how I never see another SVX. I need to get my eyes examined or something:tard:

greggbzz 05-02-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

I don't understand how I never see another SVX. I need to get my eyes examined or something

You've seen mine, I mean your old one, I mean.. again sometimes right?

Drive up to Minooka, there's almost always one parked up there. In fact, I was there shopping for a wagon last weekend, and I saw a black one with body damage and University of Scranton custom plates.

michael 05-02-2008 05:55 PM

Your pearlies, did either of you have or had little round decals around the outside perimeter of the fixed glass? I talked to the owner at the Gallery of sound in Scranton briefly and thought it may have been inherited. Shotking, you must have the blinders on! I see at least 10 svxs on a regular basis. I just got an Outback and talk about a concentration of Subarus, you can't spit in this town without hitting one of those.

shotking 05-02-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael (Post 545496)
Your pearlies, did either of you have or had little round decals around the outside perimeter of the fixed glass? I talked to the owner at the Gallery of sound in Scranton briefly and thought it may have been inherited. Shotking, you must have the blinders on! I see at least 10 svxs on a regular basis. I just got an Outback and talk about a concentration of Subarus, you can't spit in this town without hitting one of those.

I don't get it I have'nt seen another since I went to visit my old one with Greg, I guess I need to get out more:rolleyes::o

greggbzz 05-02-2008 08:16 PM

Mike I got the svx network decal on the passenger side behind the side mirror on the fixed glass.

I found a vets card in my back-seat once. I'm guessing my car (shotkings old car) belonged to a veterinarian in stroudsburgh?

SUBBYRU89 05-02-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotking (Post 545163)
I don't understand how I never see another SVX. I need to get my eyes examined or something:tard:

Nice weather is here (well, sort of) so maybe we should all plan a lil mini-meet:D

svxed 05-03-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael (Post 545496)
I just got an Outback and talk about a concentration of Subarus, you can't spit in this town without hitting one of those.

I couldn't agree more. My brother, sister, and stepmom have Outbacks.
They are all over this area. Maybe the prevalance of SVXi is because Subaru of America's corporate office was in Cherry Hill, NJ.

shotking 05-03-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggbzz (Post 545517)
Mike I got the svx network decal on the passenger side behind the side mirror on the fixed glass.

I found a vets card in my back-seat once. I'm guessing my car (shotkings old car) belonged to a veterinarian in stroudsburgh?

This correct, I bought it off a Veterinarian. She actually has her place set up in the Mid Valley area.