The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I got Fired!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62826)

1986nate 06-03-2014 07:47 PM

I got Fired!!!

But it's okay. And you're probably wondering why I posted this here. It means I'll be dedicating much of my time and energy back to the SVX world. I'll end up offering many parts and cars for sale upcoming, not because I'm broke, but because I finally have the time to focus on listing this stuff for sale as well as fixing the broken SVXes that have been stockpiling for awhile. I also have a lot of things that have been in the works in the background for some time and finally have the time to truly focus and the facilities to accommodate my passion.

And because this requires explanation for a few reasons, yes I did work at the dealership in which member Mike Davis/green95svx's family owned, however it was not his decision, nor did he agree with it. To put it in as few words as possible, it comes down to the owner and myself never really seeing eye to eye. It happened Monday, I'm moving forward and focusing on all of the positives. Yes, it sucks, but I can honestly say moving forward I will have less stress and be much happier serving the SVX community.

Blacky 06-04-2014 04:37 AM

Re: I got Fired!!!

Good news (I guess). I like your attitude.

SVX92-97 06-04-2014 08:20 AM

Ditto, like the positive attitude. Are you now going to travel the country again fixing members cars, or stay put. Good Luck!;)

Green1995SVX 06-04-2014 02:54 PM

This is an extremely unfortunate turn of events at our business, and I am still somewhat in "shock" from the speed at which it transpired. As Nate said, it was not my decision to make. Though I am the face of the company, and have been perceived as the owner (as I'm the one who is typically running the show), my parents, mainly my father, is the one with all of the money in the game. As such, it was his decision, and his decision to make. Though I can voice my opinions to him, in many cases, they fall on deaf ears. It can get pretty infuriating, but that's a rant for another day.

That said, I think that Nate will look back on this as being a positive turning point in his life. Nate has a very entrepreneurial spirit, and being employed by somebody other than yourself in a case like that will do nothing but hold him back. Nate WILL move on to prosper from this situation without a doubt. I believe in his ability, drive, and motivation. I'll still be taking my own cars to Nate for repair and maintenance.

I didn't want to steal the show here, or anything. I just wanted to chime in and make a bit of a statement to hopefully fill in some gaps for those that are interested in what exactly happened.

I wish you the best of luck, Nate, but I'd venture to say that you probably won't need any luck to be successful. :)

ShaneHobson 06-04-2014 06:27 PM

Perhaps if Nate fancies a skiing holiday in New Zealand, we could pool together all our respective broken cars and bring him over here for a week of SVX restoration, followed by two weeks of skiing and hobbit stalking.

SURTEESS 06-04-2014 11:53 PM

Shane - don't mention the fishing or hiking !!!!

ensteele 06-06-2014 12:01 AM

Good luck and I like your spirit. :)

Stevebsy 06-06-2014 10:24 AM

If you wind up traveling through Texas, I have some SVX and Audi work for you...

1986nate 06-06-2014 05:48 PM

Thanks Everyone, and just figure I'll say thanks yet again to you, Mike for the opportunity and experience. Things will be great and I'm looking forward to the future.

Steve, I'm game (please send me a PM :) ). I'll actually be down there towards the end of August. I'll make a separate post and will be posting up any travel plans that I have more regularly as I am no longer time limited by the need to get back to work. ;)

SVXyGirl 06-17-2014 09:42 PM

great outlook. Things always happen for a reason. I learned that over 2 years ago. I'll be sending you a message shortly.