The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Interesting duel (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3128)

svxistentialist 03-13-2002 03:21 PM

Interesting duel

today on the motorway with some guy in a white Forester. This one had the 2l turbo engine, and was travelling purposefully.

I expected with the turbo, and his being 10 years younger than mine, he might have the legs of the SVX. Not so. He drove all over my bumper at a restricted area where there is a bridge under construction. As we passed it the inner lane was clear, so I pulled over to show him open road, and floored it in the inner lane. Left him way back, hundreds of yards.

Let him catch up again when I pulled back to the overtaking lane. Pushed on again, and he could not answer. I suspect at speeds over 90 the bus-like aerodynamics take their toll no matter what horsepower they are pushing out. Bet I made his day.:rolleyes:

Anyone here got one? Or any experience of driving them. My friend Arthur in the UK is talking of buying one for a family wagon, he seems impressed with the Forester.

Joe:)

alacrity024 03-13-2002 04:10 PM

Interesting.. I've always thought that a sporty forester would be cool. There is actually an STi Forester over at the STi Japan webpage somewhere.. Anyway, I read a little blurb in the latest issue of Automobile Magazine where they say that the US will be getting a forester with the WRX's turbo four under the hood. However it'll only make about 220hp, according to Automobile.. I wonder where that extra 7hp got to..?

-Adam

svxistentialist 03-13-2002 05:52 PM

220?

Powerful enough really Adam.

The seven is possibly lost through oxygen depletion. All that hot air you guys push out over there.

Joe:D

alacrity024 03-13-2002 06:05 PM

well.. we've got a turbo impreza, we're getting a turbo forester.... what's the next step....? oh yeah

TURBO LEGACY!!!!!

COME ON SOA, GIVE US A B4 RSK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Adam

EverclearAtMSU 03-13-2002 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alacrity024
well.. we've got a turbo impreza, we're getting a turbo forester.... what's the next step....? oh yeah

TURBO LEGACY!!!!!

-Adam

i'm wishing for a free upgrade for a turbo svx from SOA :D

Seraph 03-13-2002 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alacrity024

TURBO LEGACY!!!!!

-Adam

If they bring in the blitzen, I will go to the dealer the next day and get one.

Lwin

alacrity024 03-14-2002 06:02 AM

Quote:

If they bring in the blitzen, I will go to the dealer the next day and get one.
Screw that, I'll be camped out for the week before they arrive!

-a

1994SubaruSVX 03-14-2002 03:10 PM

it is fun to kill the competition.

on the highway is where the svx shows some muscle. unless you go up against a new C-5. dont try this at home kids. it was bad.

Earthworm 03-14-2002 06:51 PM

C5?

It seems to me that when the American cars are unable to compete, all they seem to do is throw an extra 50 HP under the hood. Does anyone else think this is true?

I've personally noticed the SVX can compete in autocross against cars with a 100HP advantage and still hold its own.

Zeppelin 03-14-2002 07:14 PM

I dunno..... Those 100hp cars can be pretty mean in the right hands..... :D

Earthworm 03-14-2002 07:34 PM

oops

thanks for pointing out my mistake in my last post...fixed now.

svxistentialist 03-15-2002 01:34 AM

C5

What's a C5 Leo?

Joe

lightning_8669 03-15-2002 11:44 AM

Re: Interesting duel

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist

Anyone here got one? Or any experience of driving them. My friend Arthur in the UK is talking of buying one for a family wagon, he seems impressed with the Forester.

Joe:) [/B]

Got one. Like it. Fits in parking spaces, the garage. The wife can back it up. Peppy. Hauls all I need to leave the house with. Good gas mileage. Peppy. Handles well. Peppy. 2.5L Peppy.

Ya know, the Forester is only an Impreza with a larger box on the, uh, the uh? Frame yeah, that's it a larger body on the frame.

If you look at the Impreza's and Forester's interior components you will find they are identical in many respects. The dash board, door panel parts, etc.

Oh, and it goes through snow.

Aredubjay 03-15-2002 12:01 PM

Re: C5

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
What's a C5 Leo?

Joe

That would be your basic, run of the mill .............................

CORVETTE!!!

CONCLUSION: An SVX trying to race a C-5 is kind of like a piss ant crawling up an elephant's leg with rape on its mind.

lightning_8669 03-15-2002 12:14 PM

Re: Re: C5

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

That would be your basic, run of the mill .............................

CORVETTE!!!

CONCLUSION: An SVX trying to race a C-5 is kind of like a piss ant crawling up an elephant's leg with rape on its mind.

Unless of course it's raining. Then that elephant, um, C5, is mine!