The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   1/4 mile times (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14820)

poweredx2 12-03-2003 08:31 AM

1/4 mile times

i have been watching this site for years now and using the great info ,but i am sick of the awd drive guys with swaps5 speed running maybe hi 14s my times are on the registry 14.98 at94 mph 9.6at 74mph 1/8mile no gas just a lot of lot of effort no nos yeah fwd 2.25 60 ft/drag race mean drag racing, i remove my power steering and ac belts i use a belt that only turn my crank and alt.stock intake flex tube attached to box that lead to a 3in hole in the bumper,underdrive pulley full 3in exhaust no cats stock tranny and i race on 205 /40/16 lower gear that way you use your powerfull third gear,so any time you awd guys are in greenville,nc the red devil is out there check my ride out at motorsportswarehouse walters ride after i get it down to a mid 14 on motor look out,svx best night stalker ever made.

The Hunter 12-03-2003 10:17 AM

What are you trying to say????????

What are you trying to say Walter. What is it you dont like about us "5 speed AWD guys" as you put it. You post is a little confusing. I hope your not saying that Front W. D. automatic is a better setup at the track. "fast cars don't spin" Maybe your a little confused or a little jelous that you dont have AWD and a 5 speed. Keep saving you'll get their some day. I dont know maybe I'm confused but you sounded a little harsh and negative. Remember were all in this together as a kind of team.:D :D :D

Landshark 12-03-2003 10:21 AM

in case you didn't know, you bought the wrong car for drag racing. just like i wouldn't buy an Escalade for autocrossing. ;)

Green1995SVX 12-03-2003 10:24 AM

I think what he's trying to say is maybe we should all grap on my tired...

Mike

immortal_suby 12-03-2003 10:34 AM

Dude - Are you the guy I met in a gas station parking lot in greenville about 5 months ago or so? I was driving the black svx with 5 spoke rims and saw you going the other way, cranked a u-turn and we stopped and talked for a while. I showed you some video of the reading meet on my camcorder.

If so Im glad you finally made it to the board. Next time I am in NC we'll have to get together, and by all means please try to come to the next meet. Your car was really cool.

Phast SVX 12-03-2003 12:44 PM

Re: 1/4 mile times

Quote:

Originally posted by poweredx2
i have been watching this site for years now and using the great info ,but i am sick of the awd drive guys with swaps5 speed running maybe hi 14s my times are on the registry 14.98 at94 mph 9.6at 74mph 1/8mile no gas just a lot of lot of effort no nos yeah fwd 2.25 60 ft/drag race mean drag racing, i remove my power steering and ac belts i use a belt that only turn my crank and alt.stock intake flex tube attached to box that lead to a 3in hole in the bumper,underdrive pulley full 3in exhaust no cats stock tranny and i race on 205 /40/16 lower gear that way you use your powerfull third gear,so any time you awd guys are in greenville,nc the red devil is out there check my ride out at motorsportswarehouse walters ride after i get it down to a mid 14 on motor look out,svx best night stalker ever made.
you know what im sick of? People like you making arrogant, non productive posts about something they probably will never show us the slips for. And for the info, i would hever have sold my GST if i was only looking for a fast car, it was as fast as my SVX is now stock.
phil

Royal Tiger 12-03-2003 01:06 PM

One word for you......PUNCTUATION!!!!!!! Try some periods and commas. It looks like it was written by a 7 year old.

immortal_suby 12-03-2003 01:22 PM

Relax guys, he's not trying to bash. I think all he was trying to say is that the 5spds could be posting faster times than they are if they make a few changes for the track.

CigarJohnny 12-03-2003 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
Relax guys, he's not trying to bash. I think all he was trying to say is that the 5spds could be posting faster times than they are if they make a few changes for the track.
I agree. I took it that he was pointing out that he can get equal or better times with his auto-svx, fwd no less, with some simple mods anyone could do.

Thanks, powdered, for the cool tips!

(But yes, his punctuation leaves a little to be desired :p)

Landshark 12-03-2003 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
i didn't take offense, i was just pointing out that the SVX isn't the best choice if you are interested in running at the drag strip. you can do it, but its a heavy car that's geared for the highway. if i ever hit the lottery that would change, however. ;) :D

SHISVX 12-03-2003 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PA_SVX
One word for you......PUNCTUATION!!!!!!! Try some periods and commas. It looks like it was written by a 7 year old.
if you are going to act like that, let me introduce you to a little thing in the english language called PARAGRAPHS :p

(not particulary on this post, but on past posts you could have added some paragraphs)

Kelli:D

Royal Tiger 12-03-2003 02:25 PM

True, I'll concede the paragraph to you Kel. But 8 lines and not one period or comma?

SHISVX 12-03-2003 02:26 PM

yeah that could get a little confusing...but hey we aren't all english majors are we?

Kelli

Phast SVX 12-03-2003 04:46 PM

apologize for the comments, i just took it as being a little bit on the, "yer so dumb, your car isnt fast and mine is faster" form.
phil

Subafreak 12-03-2003 07:09 PM

It's like he's trying to talk to me!

I think I get it.

He's sick of us 5speed AWD guys running 14's in the quarter.

"We should be running faster"?

I'm running 15s on the 1/8 mile with FWD.

"Your car runs the same time ours does in 1/8 less of a mile"?

I have smaller tires.

"I have smaller tires"

Welcome to the site, but what exaclty are you trying to tell us?