The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   JDM Part Order (Feb 01) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8110)

Seraph 01-11-2003 11:28 PM

JDM Part Order (Feb 01)

Guys and girls,

If you miss out last time, this is your second chance. I will do another order to Japan on the 31st Jan. If you are interested, please visit my newly updated site. I will post the links for the shopping cart icons tomorrow so that ordering items are easier. As before, I will accept paypal payment and money orders.

I will be adding more items this time. I think I can get front grill and rear combination panel. I am also trying to get other items as well. As before, if you have any other items please let me know.

If you want non SVX related parts Hondas, Toyota, Subaru, etc, I can find out prices for those as well.

Lwin

http://www.stars-gazer.com/~svx/

ps. Mike (blk 92) please contact me for your Si lip.

subafan 01-12-2003 06:57 AM

oooo.... front grill and rear panel?? hmm... time to look at paypal account again..... hehe

Earthworm 01-16-2003 03:32 PM

too soon! it may take me a couple months for me to make up for my last order :( :p

Seraph 01-16-2003 03:47 PM

Actully I am holding off the Feb Order for a little later. I am way too busy right now.

L

Noir 01-16-2003 07:20 PM

re: lip?

lwin,

what lip are you talking about?

mbtoloczko 01-17-2003 08:09 AM

Re: JDM Part Order (Feb 01)

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
Guys and girls,

If you want non SVX related parts Hondas, Toyota, Subaru, etc, I can find out prices for those as well.

Lwin

http://www.stars-gazer.com/~svx/

ps. Mike (blk 92) please contact me for your Si lip.

Can you get me all the parts to put together an R34 Skyline GTR? :-))

Seraph 01-17-2003 10:07 AM

Re: Re: JDM Part Order (Feb 01)

Quote:

Originally posted by mbtoloczko

Can you get me all the parts to put together an R34 Skyline GTR? :-))

I can import a R34 Skyline GTR. Do you want to pay for the extras.

I believe US DOT and EPA put a hold of 100,000 USD for importing such vehicle. If it was found being used by people other than me on the road, it gets impounded, gets a 10,000 USD fine and crushed.

L

Noir 01-17-2003 10:19 AM

re: Skyline

you can buy a used one with 38k miles from motorex.net for $30k. 1995 R33 tho, but who cares? you'll be the only one in wherever you are to have one. there is only one guy here in atlanta that has a r34.

mbtoloczko 01-17-2003 03:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: JDM Part Order (Feb 01)

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

I can import a R34 Skyline GTR. Do you want to pay for the extras.

I believe US DOT and EPA put a hold of 100,000 USD for importing such vehicle. If it was found being used by people other than me on the road, it gets impounded, gets a 10,000 USD fine and crushed.

L

As Noir suggests, they are street legal in the USA. Motorex has done all the crash testing and has manufactured the parts necessary to make Skylines pass emissions. A nice R34 goes for about $60K which is a bit steep for me right now, so I'll stick with my SVX. :-)

Seraph 01-17-2003 09:20 PM

When I say I'll import them, I did not say I'll get it VINed.

I can import a car or two using my diplomatic channels but since none of the cars will be VINed, you will have to go through my previous statement.

L

Noir 01-17-2003 09:48 PM

re: diplomatic

Actually Lwin, isn't it true that if you get a car through diplomatic channels, that you don't actually have to do all the conversions to meet the DOT standards? I remember reading somewhere that if a diplomat brings in a vehicle from their country of origin, that when they leave the US they are required to take their vehicle back. Obviously that means that they can't sell it nor let others other than the diplomat's family can drive it.

Boone 01-20-2003 05:25 PM

Hey Lwin...

1 Attachment(s)
I found this SVX badge on some JDM site. Is there any chance of finding a source? :cool:

mbtoloczko 01-20-2003 05:44 PM

Re: Hey Lwin...

Quote:

Originally posted by Boone
I found this SVX badge on some JDM site. Is there any chance of finding a source? :cool:
Cool badge!

Seraph 01-20-2003 05:51 PM

Re: re: diplomatic

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
Actually Lwin, isn't it true that if you get a car through diplomatic channels, that you don't actually have to do all the conversions to meet the DOT standards? I remember reading somewhere that if a diplomat brings in a vehicle from their country of origin, that when they leave the US they are required to take their vehicle back. Obviously that means that they can't sell it nor let others other than the diplomat's family can drive it.
The deal is that the government of the diplomat has to post a bond for 100,000 USD. That is to make sure that the car leaves after the diplomat leaves the country. If he sell the car, and gets more than 100,000 USD + cost of the car, so be it.

And yes. Those cars are not VINed so they don't have to meet the DOT standards. I have seen a B4 Blitzen in Chicago driven by a Japanese diplomat.

L

ensteele 01-20-2003 08:05 PM

That badge pretty much says it all doesn't it. I like it! :)