The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Opinions on Continental Extreme Contact Tires or better?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56950)

msvx95 04-03-2011 08:28 PM

Opinions on Continental Extreme Contact Tires or better??

I'm looking to replace my Pirelli PZero Nero MS treads soon right around the time I replace my struts, but for those who have these tires Continental Extreme Contact DWS, what do you think of them?
I read plenty of reviews on Discount tire direct's website and it received 4-1/2 out of 5 stars. It's an all season high performance tire and I'm looking for all season and a QUIET tire. I didn't like my Pirelli's one bit and they were noisy!
I know there are plenty of reviews, but is there something better/cheaper or is this the one? It's $103.00 for this particular tire I see online.

Huskymaniac 04-04-2011 05:55 AM

Re: Opinions on Continental Extreme Contact Tires or better??

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvx95 (Post 672983)
I'm looking to replace my Pirelli PZero Nero MS treads soon right around the time I replace my struts, but for those who have these tires Continental Extreme Contact DWS, what do you think of them?
I read plenty of reviews on Discount tire direct's website and it received 4-1/2 out of 5 stars. It's an all season high performance tire and I'm looking for all season and a QUIET tire. I didn't like my Pirelli's one bit and they were noisy!
I know there are plenty of reviews, but is there something better/cheaper or is this the one? It's $103.00 for this particular tire I see online.

They are decent as are General tires. I have General tires on my Tribeca and I like them a lot. For a little better all-season tire, look at the Michelin Hydroedge.

sunvalleyray 04-04-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac (Post 673010)
They are decent as are General tires. I have General tires on my Tribeca and I like them a lot. For a little better all-season tire, look at the Michelin Hydroedge.

+++ I have three sets of Michelins for different vehicles and love them all.

Ray

msvx95 04-04-2011 10:38 AM

Looks like there are some good reviews on the Michelin's but I don't see them offered for the SVX on tirerack for example...I'll keep looking. What is price range on the hydroedges?

Huskymaniac 04-04-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvx95 (Post 673026)
Looks like there are some good reviews on the Michelin's but I don't see them offered for the SVX on tirerack for example...I'll keep looking. What is price range on the hydroedges?

They aren't cheap but I got mine on ebay. I have had good luck on ebay. I bought my Generals on treadepot.com.

ensteele 04-04-2011 10:38 PM

I have Continental Extreme Contact Tires on several SVXs and a few other members do too. I like them and the others do to. They are quiet and are good dry, wet and snow. For a tire that is cheaper, it is very good for the money. :)

msvx95 04-05-2011 04:45 AM

Earl, that's the kind of feedback I was hoping to hear with this brand of tire. I'm looking for quiet, good in the rain, dry, and snow of course with our unpredictable weather here.
Anyone know if Continental ever offers rebates?