The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Laughing or jealous ? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30404)

rattachez 12-22-2005 07:06 AM

Laughing or jealous ?

I am having a hard time figuring out response to my recently
obtained '92 SVX.
It's in very nice shape with only 75k
I hit a giant pot hole on Sunday and blew out a front tire so I
was in the tire shop getting it fixed and I can see when they
pull it in three or four of the guys kinda give it a strange look
and walk around it. Finally one has to read the name on the
trunk to figure it out. When it's done no one says anything to me.
A few weeks earlier I was at the suby dealer and I asked him
if he gets any others in. He kinda smiles and says two others come
in for work.
So I can't tell if they are snickering at me or just don't know what to make of it. What responses do you guys and gals get ?
I love it anyway so it's just a curioius point for me.

billb 12-22-2005 07:19 AM

Took my 94 in for some AC work. Response was Wow, what a cool car.

Took it in again (different shop) for help diagnosing my intermittent stalling problem.

They refered to it as "the SVX from hell" Needless to say, they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.

ensteele 12-22-2005 07:25 AM

Most that can't figure out what it is just snicker. The most common response is "what the heck is that". Usually driving up the road, they move forward and back trying to read what it is. Then go into serious discussion. :)

AppStateSVX 12-22-2005 11:40 AM

when i first got mine, i noticed people staring all the time, i think they've gotten used to it by now though. the best is when people think it is something it is not, i've gotten anywhere from Ford Probe to Ferrari. My favorite was when someone thought it was a Lotus Espirit........ :D

bwb3 12-22-2005 01:30 PM

This happened yesterday. Young lady in a BMW M5 Convertable. "I can't believe it! An SVX. I wanted one soo bad when I was 16 but my parents said it was too expensive"
Gene

Earthworm 12-22-2005 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3
This happened yesterday. Young lady in a BMW M5 Convertable. "I can't believe it! An SVX. I wanted one soo bad when I was 16 but my parents said it was too expensive"
Gene

Hehe, too funny.

black beast 12-22-2005 02:11 PM

It bugs the hell out of cops, they just don't seem to understand that I can see them throught the top portion of window.
They bend into redic angles to look through the little window, it is funny.
some I sware they pull me over just to look at my shiny beast :eek:

AppStateSVX 12-22-2005 02:59 PM

Quote:

Gene

haha, repairs maybe......is the 4HEAT that famous???

svxxx26 12-22-2005 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black beast
It bugs the hell out of cops, they just don't seem to understand that I can see them throught the top portion of window.
They bend into redic angles to look through the little window, it is funny.
some I sware they pull me over just to look at my shiny beast :eek:

Brings to mind a funny story - I was pulled over for speeding in ohio, and of course I rolled the window down so the officer could talk to me. He indicated he wanted me to join him in his cruiser, so being summer and very hot, I made sure that I rolled the window back up so my wife could wait in the cool air of the car.
Now...the '92 SVX has the auto-UP feature, and unfortunately the cop had his hand on the window frame. ;)
Yep, the SVX nipped him!:D

No, I didn't get off with a warning....:(

Ron Mummert 12-22-2005 08:12 PM

Three days ago after shopping, I'm walking back to the car, when about 10 paces from it, a middle aged couple is passing by the rear end, & he's pointing.

He - "See that"?
She - "Uh-huh"
He - "I always liked those"
She - "Uh-huh"

Uh....I was driving the old Nissan 240SX at the time.:rolleyes:
Close, but no cigar.

Ron.

It's Just Eric 12-22-2005 09:01 PM

Refer to a thread titled "What do the passengers say"
Most poeple are just cunfused and dont know how to react. Im sure in the months to come youll hear every famous one liner like "Whered you get the window mod" and " how many pounds of boost ?" and stuff like that

Some people just dont understand

Pearlywhites1992 12-23-2005 05:00 AM

Some people just dont understand

Lucky for us!

ensteele 12-23-2005 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black beast
...some I sware they pull me over just to look at my shiny beast :eek:

I have been pulled over because they did not know what it was. They just said as they got to my window "what the heck is that?" :D

ensteele 12-23-2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

Gene

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
haha, repairs maybe......is the 4HEAT that famous???

When she was 16, a new SVX was only $30,000 to $35,000. I don't think she was even aware about the famous "4HEAT" ;) :) :)

Electrophil 12-23-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
When she was 16, a new SVX was only $30,000 to $35,000. I don't think she was even aware about the famous "4HEAT" ;) :) :)

Only? Ya got a lottery ticket in your pocket or sumthin? Only?

In 1992 dollars, that was like..... like.... like a lot of dollars!:eek: