The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Trany repaired/Now Power light - code 24 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16359)

StooKer 02-11-2004 05:19 PM

Trany repaired/Now Power light - code 24

Hi!

Three month ago, I was having a binding problem at low speed and the rear was not spinning. I put the SVX in FWD with the help of the fuse for 1-2 weeks(It was working, binding gone), time to have an appointment.

On the repair day, when the repair have been completed, they take me to do a road test. The same binding was there. So, they jack the front of the car on the lift and they do some procedure (I dont know what). I think that they put the hand brake and put the car on D, 3, 2 ,1 . After that, another road test and the binding was gone!

I paid and left. Since this time, I have an error code 24 (Duty selenoid C) when starting the car. Also, when I put the car in FWD mode, it's not working.

Now after some reading on this board, I think that the car may be stuck 50/50 or someting like that. (The car grip hard on slow turn with a short distance (parking lot)).

By the invoice, they have replaced a hub, a clutch kit and a gasket set.

I want to know, if it's them that caused this problem or the problem was there?

What is the cost of a Duty Solenoid C?

Thanks!

Francis

Aredubjay 02-12-2004 08:51 AM

Re: Trany repaired/Now Power light - code 24

Quote:

Originally posted by StooKer
Hi!

Three month ago, I was having a binding problem at low speed and the rear was not spinning. I put the SVX in FWD with the help of the fuse for 1-2 weeks(It was working, binding gone), time to have an appointment.

On the repair day, when the repair have been completed, they take me to do a road test. The same binding was there. So, they jack the front of the car on the lift and they do some procedure (I dont know what). I think that they put the hand brake and put the car on D, 3, 2 ,1 . After that, another road test and the binding was gone!

I paid and left. Since this time, I have an error code 24 (Duty selenoid C) when starting the car. Also, when I put the car in FWD mode, it's not working.

Now after some reading on this board, I think that the car may be stuck 50/50 or someting like that. (The car grip hard on slow turn with a short distance (parking lot)).

By the invoice, they have replaced a hub, a clutch kit and a gasket set.

I want to know, if it's them that caused this problem or the problem was there?

What is the cost of a Duty Solenoid C?

Thanks!

Francis

Francis,
If you're putting your FWD fuse in, and it's NOT working, you may be in for more than a Solenoid C. When this happened in my car, it needed a new TCU. Perhaps you can find someone who has done a 5-Speed who will sell you one at a great discount.

gl1674 02-12-2004 10:18 PM

The cost for solenoid C + valve body (sold together) is about $100.
If it failed, the FWD fuse will not do anything, simply because FWD fuse tells TCU to control solenoid C differently.

Solenoid is much more likely to fail than the TCU - it is mechanical and it wears out.

So my suggestion is to ask the repair shop to replace the Solenoid C and do the labor for free because it is wearable item and should have been replaced when they replaced the transfer clutch.

If you still have code 24 after replacement - get them to check the harness and only replace TCU as a last resort.