The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX vs Cavalier. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10201)

Chicane 04-21-2003 04:06 PM

SVX vs Cavalier.

:( How pathetic. There was a bright blue cavalier Z24 next to me today... it was lowered, and had a fart tip. Pretty clean looking. Anyway, I raced the guy.... he got out in front, and..... pulled a little bit, got up to 80mph, then backed off.

Self esteem is pretty damaged. >sigh<

- Rob

Green1995SVX 04-21-2003 04:22 PM

I ran up against a stock z24 with teh 2.4 at a cav meet. I lost. :(

Mike

Chicane 04-21-2003 04:34 PM

Quite sad really.

You go to cavalier meets? hehe. Cool. Where are they held?

- Rob

Green1995SVX 04-21-2003 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They used to be at the plant where the cavaliers are made in Youngstown Ohio, then last year it was moved to some place out in the middle of nowhere along lake erie in ohio. This year it is in st louis. They used to be really fun, back about 4 or 5 years ago. Now it is so big and the base of owners is so crappy that I rarely go to them.

The last meet I took my cavalier to the big meet was in 2001, and its windshield was broken there by a photographer from sport compact car magazine. He ran off and didnt say anything. A number of people saw him do it, but noone would tell that to the police officer that arrived because they were all drinking and were underage. I have only taken my cavalier to one meet since then. It was somewhat local, and i literally sat with my car the entire time. I'm so protective of it.

Check out the pic. Note the windshield banner. :D

Mike

Tim 04-21-2003 05:11 PM

The svx is a heavy car, what can you say :(. Just wait till the supercharger or turbocharger is finally developed.

Chicane 04-21-2003 05:28 PM

Heh. Sounds a lot like the neon conventions. They were tons of fun, but this might be the last year I'm going (this summer). There are now so many 16 yr old brats involved... spending their parents money, not respecting anyone, etc etc etc. It's pretty much going downhill, though I still keep in contact with some of the old school peeps. :) I like the banner though. Sarcastic windshield banners rule.

http://members.aol.com/cash68/windshield.jpg

there's my old one. :D

heh.

- Rob

SVXphile 04-21-2003 07:16 PM

Love those banners guys! :D Don

SVX10 04-22-2003 08:06 AM

SVX vs. BMW 328i

I went up against my boys BMW 328i with exhaust/intake. We were dead even to about 30, he pulled slightly ahead at the top of 1st gear, then he pulled ahead by about 1 car through 2nd. We went up to about 70 and he was just slowly pullin ahead. Oh well.

Tim 04-22-2003 08:11 AM

I ran a 323 without a problem.

Amazonparrot 04-22-2003 09:47 AM

Cavalier Killer

Im sorry to hear about your losses to cavaliers and the likes. I just two days ago raced my friends red cavalier (which was stock), and I murdered it! It was a race from a standstill, with one of my friends at the "finish line" By the time I got to the "finish line", he was at least 4-5 seconds behind me, and i was well past 85mph.

Just thought i would share the success story:D

Chicane 04-22-2003 10:05 AM

Don't race a modded Z24. :(

- Rob

Phast SVX 04-22-2003 10:12 AM

f that rob, we're going hunting thins weekend... :)
phil

Mr. Pockets 04-22-2003 10:13 AM

<sigh>

When will you guys learn that the SVX is not a drag racing car? I know that Americans have this obsession with 0-60 and quarter mile times, but the SVX's priorities differ considerably.

I mean, really - losing self-esteem over a stoplight 'race' with a Cavalier???!!! Come on! Not only is it stupid and dangerous, it's also not nearly a complete comparison of two cars.

Besides its other performance characteristics, I'd take an SVX over a friggin' Cavalier any day of the week for dozens of reasons - some of them intangible.

Phast SVX 04-22-2003 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
<sigh>

When will you guys learn that the SVX is not a drag racing car? I know that Americans have this obsession with 0-60 and quarter mile times, but the SVX's priorities differ considerably.

I mean, really - losing self-esteem over a stoplight 'race' with a Cavalier???!!! Come on! Not only is it stupid and dangerous, it's also not nearly a complete comparison of two cars.

Besides its other performance characteristics, I'd take an SVX over a friggin' Cavalier any day of the week for dozens of reasons - some of them intangible.

im still going hunting.... :D
phil

sfsvx 04-22-2003 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
<sigh>

Perhaps somewhere out there is an SVX with a license plate frame proudly proclaiming, "MY OTHER CAR IS A CAVALIER!".

Or maybe not. ;)