The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Window switches quit working (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14418)

DavieGravy 11-14-2003 03:01 PM

Window switches quit working

For some reason, my all my window switches quit working, except the one for the driver's side window.

The switches on the driver's side panel for all the other windows in the car don't work. Additionally, the switch on the passenger side door, as well as the two switches in the back for the back windows don't work either. So the only window I can roll down is the front on the driver's side.

I didn't see a fuse for the windows in either fuse box. Additionally, I recently had my interior door panels off to change the door lock actuator so I may have screwed something up, but my windows were working fine after that. All of a sudden, now they don't.

Lastly, I took out the fuse for the rear wiper to put in place of the door locks, as that fuse blew and I didn't have a replacement.

Any thoughts?

lee 11-14-2003 03:22 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you tried pressing the window lock button. I ask because I just did this to myself a month or so ago, a serious DUH moment.

Aredubjay 11-14-2003 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lee
Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you tried pressing the window lock button. I ask because I just did this to myself a month or so ago, a serious DUH moment.

Don't feel bad.:rolleyes:

Earthworm 11-14-2003 04:02 PM

Anyone notice this is the wrong forum for this thread? :p

DavieGravy 11-14-2003 04:09 PM

I feel completely stupid as:

1. I accidentally put this post in the wrong forum, and
2. It was the window lock button. :p

Dave <--idiot extraordinaire.

petesvx2 11-14-2003 04:18 PM

I think it's funny because you have over 1000 posts lol....:D

NikFu S. 11-14-2003 04:37 PM

damn. i was hoping to get some answers....:(

Aredubjay 11-14-2003 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy
Dave <--idiot extraordinaire.

Well, if you're an idiot extraordinaire, I must be an idiot superioraire. :D Not only did I freak about my windows not working (due to the lock button), I bought a brand new windshield washer pump, because my squirters weren't working. But, before I installed it, I "accidentally" pressed the button on the end of the stalk and they worked. I expected them to work like others, just by pulling back on the stalk. :rolleyes: And I won't even mention the time (of course, I already have) when I almost lost it when I thought my tranny had dumped in the Bank Drive-thru --- until I realized that I had mindlessly put the car in neutral, while waiting. :eek: :rolleyes:

upnygimp 11-14-2003 11:43 PM

Senior moments- we don't blame you for having them.

Aredubjay 11-15-2003 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by upnygimp
Senior moments- we don't blame you for having them.

:p

DavieGravy 11-15-2003 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Well, if you're an idiot extraordinaire, I must be an idiot superioraire. :D Not only did I freak about my windows not working (due to the lock button), I bought a brand new windshield washer pump, because my squirters weren't working. But, before I installed it, I "accidentally" pressed the button on the end of the stalk and they worked. I expected them to work like others, just by pulling back on the stalk. :rolleyes: And I won't even mention the time (of course, I already have) when I almost lost it when I thought my tranny had dumped in the Bank Drive-thru --- until I realized that I had mindlessly put the car in neutral, while waiting. :eek: :rolleyes:

My idiocy doesn't end with my recent window switch experience. I just replaced my door lock actuator thinking it had gone south, but I didn't bother to check the fuse prior. When I put in the replacement actuator, I noticed it wasn't working either. It was only then that I decided to check the fuse for the door locks and realized it was blown. Hence, I took apart my door and replaced the actuator for nothing. :p

Earthworm 11-15-2003 03:15 PM

But there must have been a reason for the fuse to blow though.

DavieGravy 11-15-2003 03:32 PM

I think it was the velcro I put behind the door locks. I've since taken it off and the fuse hasn't blown since. The only thing that sucks now is that my locks rattle again. :(

Earthworm 11-15-2003 04:01 PM

Get new lock knobs. The 2 little pins sticking out of the knobs wear out and that's why they rattle.

NikFu S. 11-15-2003 04:40 PM

ok so for those of us with the window lock disabled, no blown fuses, and no hidden velcro, what is a good reason for all the windows and sunroof to stop functioning?