The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Deliberate violations? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36318)

SubaSteevo 11-29-2006 09:55 AM

Deliberate violations?

Two nights ago I got pulled over for speeding (I was not driving recklessly, I simply did not realize the speed limit changed over on the road). The cop was very friendly and gave me a ticket for my license plate bracket instead of the speeding violation. A little over a year ago I had a similar situation and got the same ticket (for the same license plate bracket actually...).

I'm debating if I would be best to leave the bracket on so that if I'm pulled over again I may be lucky and get the same ticket. However I'm not sure how long a violation like that stays on your license, and it would look rather suspicious if I have 3 obstructed plate violations...

What do you guys think?

NapaBavarian 11-29-2006 11:05 AM

fix the bracket and bust out a tail light for next time :D

GOT2HAVESVX 11-29-2006 11:05 AM

Kinda like in VA you have to have an inspection sticker, well I got a ticket (because i forget a LOT) they dropped it because i fixed it before court. I got another and they said since I had one then they werent dropping it because i had one.....

ensteele 11-29-2006 11:13 AM

I would fix the plate and watch your speed. :)

Electrophil 11-29-2006 11:42 AM

Yep.. Time to fix the bracket. They see the tickets if you were actually deemed guilty or you paid them. The second guy probably got the idea from seeing the first one. A third ain't gonna happen.:(

SubaSteevo 11-29-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
fix the bracket and bust out a tail light for next time :D

Maybe it's time for me to adopt a religion so I can hang some sort of religious paraphenalia from my rear view mirror...

It's Just Eric 11-29-2006 05:09 PM

Steve, have I mentioned your funny lately?
Just checking...
I would probly remove the licence plate frame. If the cops are going to let you off with a lesser ticket, they can prettymuch make up whatever the hell they want. They let john off of speeding with a seatbelt ticket, even though the belts are automatic

hexadec0079 11-30-2006 01:17 AM

^^ lol

if it were me, I'd take it to court saying that I have automatic seat belts. They can't change the ticket in court, and you'd win. Probably piss some people off, but I am that stubborn. :p

AlcyoneDaze 11-30-2006 01:27 PM

This makes me curious:

Since there are two seatbelts in our cars, could you get a ticket for not having the one shoulder belt fastened even though your lap belt is? or vice-versa?

benebob 11-30-2006 01:49 PM

Fix the plate, you'll leave the land where you can't pump your own gas one of these days and you'll get 2 tickets instead of one when you get pulled over for speeding.;) :D

ensteele 11-30-2006 02:00 PM

rofalmao :D :D :D

rallyingrob 11-30-2006 06:34 PM

regarding the belts....

the regs likely state " as originally equipped" or words to that effect

sorta like helmet laws that specify "must be worn on the head "

stops the H-D guys from strapping them to their elbows....

lol

rallyingrob 11-30-2006 06:36 PM

the svx has the factory belt location in the b pillar for normal belts

i will shortly be able to report on how it goes installing legacy belts...it looks like a doddle, but i may find issues....?

anyone swap to normal belts?
how did it go?