The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yellow Bird is en route.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30737)

YellowBird 01-07-2006 06:29 PM

Yellow Bird is en route....

I bought Yellow Bird from a member here last month.

My husband left last night to pick her up and bring her down. He's 8 hours out yet, so it'll be early am before they get here. He had a tire blow out on the trailer just out of Pittsburgh and it put him back a little. Yeah, the SVX was loaded on it, my hubby knows how to drive with a load.

Plus he stopped at the Cabela's in Wheeling W.VA for a bite to eat. ;)

He told me that the picture of the car did not do it justice at all and the interior is gorgeous.

BUT the wheels ARE ugly and even Jeff, the previous owner doesn't like them, he thought it was gonna look different than what it does when had them painted yellow.

Jeff also sent along EVERY receipt from work that was done on the SVX, he was the original owner and it only went to a dealership.

I've narrowed my wheel search down to two. I actually printed pics of the car and pics of the wheel, cut them out and pasted the new wheels on the pic of the car. :D

Davey, my husband said we may have to look again, since the car does look so different in person.

UGH! It took weeks to narrow it down to two.

MAN AM I ANXIOUS!

Alycone 01-07-2006 06:38 PM

Congrats on the SVX, got any pics handy? :)

YellowBird 01-07-2006 07:15 PM

Got one....

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...Bird/32827.jpg

ensteele 01-07-2006 09:12 PM

Congratulations on the SVX. You can post a picture in your locker and then we can look at it if you know how to do that. :)

YellowBird 01-07-2006 10:21 PM

Okay.

I managed to get the pic in my locker. Please don't ask for a live link. You're gonna just have to scroll down to my name. :D

Davey just called. They stopped for their last gas fill up at a truck stop. He had an audience as they filled up and he gave a little dissertation on the SVX to two guys. They actually climbed onto the trailer to look inside the car.

He said alot of cars are slowing down as they pass to scope it out.

Dontcha just love it? He's loving it.

gest24 01-07-2006 10:35 PM

And to think I'll get to drive it in a couple days... lol

YellowBird 01-07-2006 10:45 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Do ya think?

:D :D :D

SilverSpear 01-08-2006 09:19 AM

Cool car birdy, jsut saw it in your locker, rare and nice custom paintjob :cool:
can't wait to see full pics inside and out

RojoRocket 01-08-2006 10:00 AM

Nice! See what you mean about the wheels though! yuck! Which new wheels have you narrowed it down to at this point? Some chrome OEMs would look good on her.

Glenn

YellowBird 01-08-2006 06:41 PM

Took the SVX out for a little drive today, after a brief struggle to get her off the trailer.

OF course it being Sunday, and y'all know how those Sunday driver's can be, hubby HAD to open her up and get around a handful of those driver's.

She does have a chip in her, just a little booster one, but the performance on acceleration is awesome.

MS has some nice wide flat roads, and since there's not a whole lot of traffic down here....well let's just say.....I'm sure this is just the beginning of a frequent occurance.

YellowBird 01-08-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RojoRocket
Nice! See what you mean about the wheels though! yuck! Which new wheels have you narrowed it down to at this point? Some chrome OEMs would look good on her.

Glenn

I checked on the chrome OEM's and they are really sharp. I'm still not sure which ones I'll be getting, but I WILL be replacing the tires. They're good yet, but they're all seasons and not necessary down here.

RojoRocket 01-08-2006 06:54 PM

If you decide to go bigger, 17" or 18" the Prodrive P7 (17") and PFF7 (18") are awesome, and stand up to poor surfaces well. They come in a variety of colors as well. Here's one of our Euro brethren with a set of PFF7's on his YELLOW baby.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...cket/32831.jpg

Glenn

edit: OH! And did I mention that they're designed for the Subie with correct offset?

SVXRide 01-08-2006 07:03 PM

Glad to hear your new SVX made it safely to its new home! Can you explain what that is on the front fender just aft of the corner light?
-Bill

YellowBird 01-08-2006 07:13 PM

An air grill of some sort?

Got a lot of crud out of it when we washed it. Road salt and stuff like that. It may just be a collector of nasty road things. :D

Alycone 01-08-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by yellowbird
An air grill of some sort?
Air grills - was that what the raw-furry-dawg guy on ebay was selling? I really wish I had archived those auctions. ;)

Thanks for posting the pic, I remember seeing it a while back. Looks nice - very bold. But now I want to see more pics. :)