The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Didn't Catch Him This Time (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28667)

ensteele 09-28-2005 04:44 PM

Didn't Catch Him This Time

Well, I came out of the house this morning to the sight of my Laguna Blue SVX with the drivers door open. It was locked last night, but not any more. :mad: :mad: Yep, they got the stereo (after market) and a GPS unit. It was right outside the front door. They also got into the one next to it but didn't get anything. They has also lifted the car cover on a cople others. I don't know how they got into it. I had to leave after calling the sheriff and I will find out more when I get home. The alarm did not go off, and I am thinking that the battery is dead. It was fine on Sunday though.

I am now figuring out what boobie traps, cameras, and what ever else I am going to install. :mad: :mad:

Noir 09-28-2005 04:47 PM

this calls for a lynching. you think it was the siphon in the dark?

Budfreak 09-28-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Well, I came out of the house this morning to the sight of my Laguna Blue SVX with the drivers door open. It was locked last night, but not any more. :mad: :mad: Yep, they got the stereo (after market) and a GPS unit. It was right outside the front door. They also got into the one next to it but didn't get anything. They has also lifted the car cover on a cople others. I don't know how they got into it. I had to leave after calling the sheriff and I will find out more when I get home. The alarm did not go off, and I am thinking that the battery is dead. It was fine on Sunday though.

I am now figuring out what boobie traps, cameras, and what ever else I am going to install. :mad: :mad:

get a sign that says "this property protected by shotgun 4 days a week, you guess which 4". sorry to hear about all your troubles lately earl. hope you catch the little bastards and teach'em good:)

Bipa 09-28-2005 05:20 PM

How about something like the Robo-Dog?
X10's barking dog alarm has always been a favorite with X10's customers. Its ingenious design allows you to trigger a frightening dog bark by motion or keychain remote. Now, we've improved the barking dog alarm with the enhancements that our customers have always wanted -- computerized control of the dog! You can now use ActiveHome to control it, even program Macros that make the dog bark. This new dog is intelligent, not to mention loud, mean and frightening to strangers. That's real power! We gave it a name that reflects its improved abilities. Introducing Robo-Dog™!

This kit gives you the ultimate security for those dark nights or weekend trips when you're away from home. This is a must for ActiveHome users. Robo-Dog acts like an appliance module. You simply set Robo-Dog to a house-code such as A-3. Then, using ActiveHome you can program when the dog will bark or include it in a customized macro. For example: a security macro, when triggered by the outdoor motion detector, could turn on lights in the front and back yards, turn on a radio, make the dog bark, and turn on a light in the living room.
http://www.x10.com/security/x10_dk9000.htm

Or perhaps even add a little bonus like this ScareCrow Motion Activated Sprinkler.... set it up so any thief gets soaked when they try to break in. :p
Scarecrow senses animals the same way security lights detect people; movement and heat. When an animal is seen, a valve opens instantly releasing a three-second pulsating spray of water. The combination of the sudden noise, movement, and water frightens animals away. This startling, yet harmless action is a remarkably effective deterrent.

I wonder how that would work with a pepper-spray type solution instead of just water? ;)
http://www.smarthomeusa.com/Shop/Mot...m/20-CRO-1013/

You can also do something like i-Catcher Console:
Build a full digital CCTV system, with motion detection and alerting via e-mail, SMS or the Web, as well as playback, archiving, scheduling and Web access features. It includes remote playback in a Web browser, scaling from a single PC with a webcam to a multi-site solution covering dozens of cameras.

i-Catcher integrates with existing CCTV systems, cabling and cameras as well as with IP network and wireless cameras, Secure access to live and recorded footage is available from the Console, any PC on the network or via the Internet.
http://www.tucows.com/preview/405868

Then there's the old stand-by of trip wires attached to submachine guns... or heck, a few bear traps scattered around would also work :eek:

Good luck!

Noir 09-28-2005 05:24 PM

actually in south africa, they have flame throwers for car protection. :p

i think earl should invest in one of those. :p

Hocrest 09-28-2005 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir

i think earl should invest in twelve of those. :p

fixed your post :D :D

michael 09-28-2005 05:36 PM

Sorry Earl, Didn't this just happen a few months ago? Did they use the same techniques? I think it's time to set some big rusty bear traps. Some people just don't deserve 2 feet :rolleyes:

Noir 09-28-2005 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
fixed your post :D :D

you are right, i forgot LMAO

immortal_suby 09-28-2005 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael
Sorry Earl, Didn't this just happen a few months ago? Did they use the same techniques? I think it's time to set some big rusty bear traps. Some people just don't deserve 2 feet :rolleyes:

vote #2 for big rusty bear traps. Victor makes some nice one's.

demonsvx 09-28-2005 06:16 PM

cheap protection

:D An electrician that worked for my mom and dad rigged up a flash cube and a blasting cap and swears that it keeps EVERYTHING out of his yard. Old Vietnam trick :D

ensteele 09-28-2005 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsvx
:D An electrician that worked for my mom and dad rigged up a flash cube and a blasting cap and swears that it keeps EVERYTHING out of his yard. Old Vietnam trick :D

I would set a couple of Claymore mines except I don't want the holes in my cars. :o :o

demonsvx 09-28-2005 06:28 PM

He says this is more of a "concussion bomb" meant to scare the hell out of you but I havent personally experienced his work :D

immortal_suby 09-28-2005 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir

i think earl should invest in one of those. :p

http://webpages.charter.net/dheyvis/blaster.jpg

TomsSVX 09-28-2005 08:36 PM

do you live in a bad area?? I mean i was living in NE philly for a long time and never had any problems.... with my car at least. I highly doubt it was the same guy, first a guy looking for a gas now looking for high tech parts?? i doubt that. Sorry about your loss, I hope insurance will cover it

Tom

Noir 09-28-2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
do you live in a bad area?? I mean i was living in NE philly for a long time and never had any problems.... with my car at least. I highly doubt it was the same guy, first a guy looking for a gas now looking for high tech parts?? i doubt that. Sorry about your loss, I hope insurance will cover it

Tom

it's possible. the dude's stolen stuff before. besides that aftermarket unit probably could fill his portable gas can up ;) :p :mad:

earl, isn't most of your cars in the barn on your property? i would think earl doesn't have many neighbors, it's highly unlikely that he lives in a bad neighborhood. ;)

i once had a 'whisler' installed in my car. it's hidden and if triggered, emits a deafening high pitched whistle until deactivated. it was powered by a separate battery so if they disconnected the car battery, it would still be effective. it's unbearable being in the cabin with it screaming at you. :)