The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Great SVX Mechanic! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20267)

SubaruPartsGirl 07-28-2004 11:05 AM

Great SVX Mechanic!

For those of you in the Baltimore area there is a great little shop out here that does some really good work. Happy Jack is a good customer of ours and also a friend. He has been working on Subaru's for ages and specializes in SVX's. From what I see, most of the cars that he buys parts from us for are older Legacy's and SVX's. If you live in the area and are in need of a good mechanic I definately would recommend him.

Happy Jack's Automotive
142 S. Azar Ave.
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
410-508-3800

The shop is located behind the Bowl America on Ritchie Hwy just south of our dealership.

Thanks,
Jackie
Wilkins Subaru
410-689-8061
subparts@wilkinsautomotive.com

SVXRide 07-28-2004 11:21 AM

Jackie,
Thanks for the info...it would be a bit of a haul for me, but "SVX experts" are hard to find.
-Bill

red95svx 07-28-2004 12:59 PM

What a great idea for a thread!

Here's my plug for a great tech:

Tri-State Subaru in Webster, MA has a Senior Master Subaru Tech with more than 25 years experience with Subarus. He has every ASE certification that is offered, is a complete Subaru enthusiast, and has built a few custom Subarus including a 2.5 liter Loyale sedan with a 4" lift kit and Outback wheels on custom machined hubs, and a "home made" STI he built using a 95 Impreza coupe, a phase II 2.5l block, phase I 2.5l heads, a WRX turbo and intercooler, and custom intake and exhaust. At the track it runs just below a stock STI.....and it's an automatic! What a sleeper!

So...who else knows a great local tech??

Dave

SubaruPartsGirl 07-29-2004 11:50 AM

Mechanic's...

Agreed, good idea to you. I always hear you guy telling horror stories about some of the people that have mishandled your cars. It would be nice if you could have a good list of reputable shops so that even if perhaps a place was too far to drive for regular maintenance, you would know where to take it when it really mattered.

dcarrb 07-29-2004 12:20 PM

I'll put in a plug for Inman and Micah at Automotive Specialties in Blue Ridge (tho' few reading this live within 100 miles of the place). Not Subaru techs by any means; just smart, conscientious wrench-turners. My only complaint is that their business is doing too well... it's getting hard to find a place to park in front of the shop.

dcb

Ron Mummert 07-29-2004 02:57 PM

Re: Mechanic's...

It would be nice if you could have a good list of reputable shops so that even if perhaps a place was too far to drive for regular maintenance, you would know where to take it when it really mattered. [/B][/QUOTE]

We already do, although few of us update the info. Go to the top of this page & press SVX Shop Search

Ron.