The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   SVX car show... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36832)

WestCoastSVX 01-05-2007 11:29 PM

SVX car show...

Wanted to do this as a separate post to keep it out of the official meet thread. Consider this a "planning" discussion.

The NWSVX Winter Classic SVX-only car show... it seemed to be missed at last year's banquet. It's just a fun event and a way to get all the SVXes lined up and pretty in a public place for a few hours. I've gotten lots of ribbing for it being in the middle of winter when it will likely be raining and cold, but handing out the car show awards as part of the yearly banquet works so well! :D Plus it adds to the whole mystique of the SVX being an all-season sports car! :p

Anyway, I need a little help.

It's two weeks away and I need to get trophies ordered.

But there are currently only 3 cars that specifically signed up (plus maybe one extra with one of those and I added a 4th that I kinda assume will be there - but my entry does not count as I am not eligible).

Not only would this small number make the competition rather silly and boring, but with the $5 entry fee my cost for the trophies probably wouldn't even be covered (much less make a profit to put in the web site fund).

So first off, I'm asking anyone that's reading this that plans on attending the show and hasn't signed up in the official thread, please do so asap!

Secondly, if the numbers stay where they are at right now, does anyone have any additional insight (i.e., you know so-and-so is coming but will never sign up, there's a secret contigent of 20 Canadian SVXes that will appear unannounced so don't worry, etc).

I really don't want to throw in the towel yet, but I also don't want to waste anyone's time and/or money. Thanks!

P.S. Remember, this isn't a Concours or even Hot Import Nights, this is just a for-fun fundraiser and if you have a SVX that can make it to the parking lot and $5 you're in! And all the awards aren't necessarily for the "nicest" SVX either - everyone has a chance in this, like I said, it's all for fun and to get as many of these cars on display as possible!

ensteele 01-06-2007 12:40 AM

Troy

My guess is that Dan N will be there too. :)

Alycone 01-09-2007 12:49 PM

I'll be there for everything. :)

ensteele 01-09-2007 09:45 PM

I checked with Dnel and he will be there for the drive, show and dinner. :)

WestCoastSVX 01-10-2007 03:29 PM

Awesomeness! :D

I went to my usual trophy store today and they were closed for moving. :eek: :eek:

I could try elsewhere, but with the short notice, lower sign up, etc, I think I may just do paper certificates if it's ok with everyone. (well it HAS to be! :D )

Of course entry will be free in this case. :cool:

But there will still be bragging rights on the line and best of all getting a beautiful row of these sweet cars together for all of Everett to see. :)

ensteele 01-20-2007 04:13 PM

Save a tree - buy the trophies. :p :p :p :p :)

ted.thurlby 02-16-2007 08:39 PM

Winner get together

New to the site. Live in Maple Valley and would love meeting others.;)

ensteele 02-20-2007 07:39 PM

If you are, register at this site for emails to all of the local events and fun. Hope to meet you soon. :)