The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Transmission and Drivetrain (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   New Shift Kit Developed (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44706)

Trevor 05-09-2008 06:24 PM

New Shift Kit Developed

It has been announced on SVX World Forums, that a well known automotive engineer, has developed an improved shift kit.
--- I have developed a unit that does it the right way.

According to the thread administrator, --- You’ll all be finding out soon enough. Good things are worth waiting for. I'm about to be testing something Harvey developed that will make smallcars shift kit look like a first grader built it.

If things go as I think they will with what I've been told, the SVX (And Road Demon especially) just got a little faster. I can't reveal anything more though as I and Road Demon are only the guinea pigs at the moment. Stay tuned for a thread detailing it soon enough.

I don't see how any special shift kit would make it any faster in the 1/4 mile, where the TCU is already shifting hard at high RPMs. The shift kit only makes driving around a bit more tolerable.

I still don't know enough to go into details as I am awaiting the details and the units myself right now, But there is power to be had in the SVX that it doesn't let us have due to factory tuning that has been a hot topic for a while now. From what I am to understand, This box deals with those things and will allow us all the power we can get at all times and firm up the shifts according to ALL throttle positions instead of just a high/low switch like smallcar.

That is the max of what I am willing to tell for now until testing is done, But I can assure you if it does as I'm told it will be an unbelieveable performance/dollar buy. Believe me, I'm counting the hours until it arrives!

Certainly stay tuned in anticipation of complete details and availability.

Nomake Wan 05-10-2008 05:25 AM

If this "shift kit" is the Power Mode Mod, I'm going to be very angry at someone trying to market it. :mad: Since it was suggested by Phil and the information given freely to everyone.

The "Power Mode Mod" is the only thing I could think of that relates to altering the shifting and makes things "faster."

svxfiles 05-10-2008 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomake Wan (Post 546767)
If this "shift kit" is the Power Mode Mod, I'm going to be very angry at someone trying to market it. :mad: Since it was suggested by Phil and the information given freely to everyone.

The "Power Mode Mod" is the only thing I could think of that relates to altering the shifting and makes things "faster."

It is not the Power Mode Mod.
More later.
Tom

Nomake Wan 05-10-2008 10:10 PM

Can't wait to see what this crazy thing is. :confused:

JLHollowX13 05-10-2008 10:27 PM

is this thing gonna be available for purchase? or is it something as simple as the power mode mod that anyone can do for "free"? if it will be available for purchase can you give us an estimated price for those of us who have to save our pennies for those not-so-cheap mods?

shotking 05-11-2008 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHollowX13 (Post 546889)
is this thing gonna be available for purchase? or is it something as simple as the power mode mod that anyone can do for "free"? if it will be available for purchase can you give us an estimated price for those of us who have to save our pennies for those not-so-cheap mods?

All of this was answered in the up above post quoted from the world forums. Basically no ones talking and were going to have to wait for any info like that. Heres the actual thread that brought it up if anyones interested http://svxworldforums.com/forum4/530-1.html

Nevin 05-11-2008 04:34 PM

Why is it that it was "announced" so long ago on that site, and has just recently come to our attention here? Also, those posts seem quite old, so is this project still to come to fruition, or is it just a pipe dream?

shotking 05-11-2008 04:53 PM

Its only been a week:confused: That being said I remain skeptic till I actually see something yet hope that it is actually helpful.

Nevin 05-11-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotking (Post 546994)
Its only been a week:confused: That being said I remain skeptic till I actually see something yet hope that it is actually helpful.

I'm sorry, you're right. I was reading the wrong dates in the linked-to thread.

Honest mistake.

And I would very much look forward to the release of something that could do a better job than the smallcar kit.

SomethingElse 05-11-2008 05:08 PM

I dont get the hype:confused:

how great can it be? your tranny will shift better, life will be easier for you when you move forward after gas pedal is depressed with the selector in "D" higher resistance = firmer shifting, this is the best real mod ever!! can the "shift kit" subject really be played out any more than it has been?

Maybe it has a built in 8passcoolerlipspringrubbercupholderdual$20k ziptiekoniswaybarcoinholdercovermod mod mod

wannarace928 05-11-2008 06:35 PM

The kit is going to be installed on my car by budfreak, hopefully sometime this week. I am going to have my car put on a dyno before and after the kit is installed. I'll post up the results once everything is tested.

immortal_suby 05-11-2008 07:44 PM

I'm interested to hear the details of the kit. It would be very interesting to hear if the alleged "cylinder deactivation during shifts" is addressed (as quoted from the road and track guide to the svx)

Sir. Nate 05-11-2008 07:46 PM

great news considering I'm keeping my 4eat for a while longer

TomsSVX 05-12-2008 07:49 AM

there is only so much you can do electronically to change the shift charactaristics of the transmission w/o getting into the ECU/TCU. I would not be surprised to see very little difference from yet another Add-on. Not that I don't like the idea of something like this working wonders, you cannot help but be sceptical that it will render any results.

Tom

poweredx2 05-12-2008 10:55 AM

Tom is it possible somehow to increase pump pressure for faster shifts,or if someone can get rid of that annoying shift deactivating feature which I feel will make a stock auto maybe 2/10s faster.Anyway I will get one because I just had my tranny rebuilt two weeks ago.