The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Right in the Middle (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Texas! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41653)

sd2649 11-01-2007 10:35 PM

Texas!

SVX meet in Texas??? I'm near abilene. My bro goes to Dallas Baptist, any SVX owners there?

odepaj 11-02-2007 12:11 AM

I think most of us are down here in San Antonio (theres atleast 7-8 of us here and one of us with multiple SVX's :D). Theres one or two in Austin also. Theres one guy in Dallas (Halistan) but I havent seen him post in awhile.

Dustin

shelfy 11-02-2007 12:12 AM

i'd like to reconnect with a guy i "dated" who know lives in austin.

odepaj 11-02-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy (Post 505774)
i'd like to reconnect with a guy i "dated" who know lives in austin.

Well move to Texas than! :D Its the only state that was once its own country, haha. We can always use more SVXers around too. My pearly comes out of the shop tomorrow!

Dustin

Ps. Im so excited to try out the 4.11 gears!

shelfy 11-02-2007 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj (Post 505777)
Well move to Texas than! :D Its the only state that was once its own country, haha. We can always use more SVXers around too. My pearly comes out of the shop tomorrow!

perhaps i will text him tomorrow and come out for a visit. :D

cozykat 11-08-2007 09:33 AM

Well I'm always up for a meet and we have now in San Antonio... lets see:
1-3. Dustin (odepaj) - 3 svxes: 92 pearl ,92 ebony, and 95 brillant red
4. Skip (dengue) - 94 laguna blue,
5. Scott (SA SVX) - 95 laguna blue
6. ? - emerald or polo green SVX near Scott (which he needs to go and make contact with!)
7. Don - 94 fwd ebony
8. Jose - 92 ebony
9. Danny - 92 ebony
10. Marian - 94 barcelona red
11. Keri (tsproing) - 92 silver
12. Alan - 92 ebony (still yellow, I think)
13. myself - 93 barcelona red
14. Shaun (YourConfused) with his 92 ebony in Austin (he's close enough to lump him with us. :))

I know there are few others (brillant red, emerald green - with tons of bumper stickers on it, and laguna blue) but I haven't been able to meet their owners yet. Hey, we try to chase them down but it lately it seems I only see them in heavy traffic so I never have a chance. Oh and there is the Subaru SVX mechanic in Austin with 3 svxes (but have yet to meet him).

With as many as we have already, you'd think we'd be more organized with meeting. :lol:

There is also stevesby in brownsville and a few more in houston and of course Dallas.

odepaj 11-08-2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozykat (Post 507328)
Well I'm always up for a meet and we have now in San Antonio... lets see:
1-3. Dustin (odepaj) - 3 svxes: 92 pearl ,92 ebony, and 95 brillant red
4. Skip (dengue) - 95 laguna blue,
5. Scott (SA SVX) - 94 laguna blue
6. ? - emerald or polo green SVX near Scott (which he needs to go and make contact with!)
7. Don - 94 fwd ebony
8. Jose - 92 ebony
9. Danny - 92 ebony
10. Marian - 94 barcelona red
11. Keri (tsproing) - 92 silver
12. Alan - 92 ebony (still yellow, I think)
13. myself - 93 barcelona red
14. Shaun (YourConfused) with his 92 ebony in Austin (he's close enough to lump him with us. :))

I know there are few others (brillant red, emerald green - with tons of bumper stickers on it, and laguna blue) but I haven't been able to meet their owners yet. Hey, we try to chase them down but it lately it seems I only see them in heavy traffic so I never have a chance. Oh and there is the Subaru SVX mechanic in Austin with 3 svxes (but have yet to meet him).

With as many as we have already, you'd think we'd be more organized with meeting. :lol:

There is also stevesby in brownsville and a few more in houston and of course Dallas.

Fixed you list haha! You had scott and skip backwards. There is also a guy with a '93 Anniversary off Potranco, I talked to him alittle and he's in love with his SVX but it doesnt run right now.

Also: There is a mechanic at the Belden's Auto on the North side of town (San Pedro) who used to work for Subaru and I think specialized in SVXs!

seehecksdeeh 11-14-2007 02:04 PM

Anyone here from Dallas? I've seen a few SVXs in recent years and wonder if any of their drivers possibly go to this site.

cozykat 11-15-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seehecksdeeh (Post 508731)
Anyone here from Dallas? I've seen a few SVXs in recent years and wonder if any of their drivers possibly go to this site.

There is at least Ray (Network ID: Halistan) in Dallas and if I remember he lives almost next door to another SVX owner (who also happens to import japanese engines).
You should send him a PM as I know he loves meeting SVX owners but he doesn't always have a lot of time to surf the Network.
TTYL,
Marisa

cozykat 04-07-2008 04:15 PM

bump
so that maybe some Texas members can get together sometime. From what I can tell everyone's cars are running now. :)

apocalixto 04-15-2008 09:07 AM

i am in the dallas area

apocalixto 05-01-2008 04:38 PM

SVX meet in June.

let's have a meet soon. i am thinking in early june. What do people think about that? give us all time to get our cars ready. Let's make this big. What does everybody say about meeting somewhere in austin? Austin is a great place and it is basically the only place anywhere near being in the middle of all of us. haha.

So lets get in gear and get this together. I want to see all of the TX SVXs out there and whoever else wants to drive out to the meet.

cozykat 05-01-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalixto (Post 545259)
let's have a meet soon. i am thinking in early june. What do people think about that? give us all time to get our cars ready. Let's make this big. What does everybody say about meeting somewhere in austin? Austin is a great place and it is basically the only place anywhere near being in the middle of all of us. haha.

So lets get in gear and get this together. I want to see all of the TX SVXs out there and whoever else wants to drive out to the meet.

I have been talking to a couple of guys here about something this summer, like a BBQ.
I was shooting for te meeting in San Antonio becuase I think most of the TX people are here. We have like 9 SVXs (7 owners) in San Antonio (plus a few others that are only spottings). I don't mind driving to Austin but not sure about the rest...
How many memebers are in Dallas?

YourConfused 05-01-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalixto (Post 545259)

I am in Ausstin and have a grill so we could bbq and then go for a nice drive in the hills. Lots of ffun roads here to go for a cruise on. May have some other sports cars that could cruise also. I am soon to have awd again so I would like to have some fun with others of the same mind on a fun drive.

apocalixto 05-02-2008 08:30 AM

hey everybody. I think that san antonio might be fine just as long as there are some prime places to go cruisin. na mean? lol
lets start a list for people who are gonna be showing up so we can make sure to keep those people informed.

1. Apocalixto (Dallas)