The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Hi, New here (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27189)

subi-crosser 07-06-2005 05:57 PM

Hi, New here

I was turned on to this site by svxfiles, I was at his shop with questions about my latest subi, an 85 XT turbo 5 sp. I have 7 subi's at this time, 2 outback wagons, a 95 legacy, a 91 leg wagon a 90 leg sedan and an 85 wagon. I traded a honda goldwing for the XT. I have been autocrossing the 90 legacy this year but the automatic trans was taking the fun out of it. The XT will be making its first run on july 31. I had it to a car show over the 4th weekend and had a chance to play with it. I was happy! I don't have a svx yet, but one will show up. I'm sure. They always do!

Earthworm 07-06-2005 06:00 PM

Welcome to the site! If you keep your eyes open I'm sure you will see more than a few good deals on SVX's.

I still want to get an XT6 because, just like the 1993 SVX, they weren't sold in Canada.

subi-crosser 07-06-2005 06:07 PM

Hi, New here

svxfiles has the local market cornered on svx's in our area! He told me he had an XT roll-over under his deck he had forgot about!

Chiketkd 07-06-2005 06:12 PM

Welcome to the site. If you're into AutoX, you should go to the Upcoming Meet section, and sign up in the Subaru Challenge Meet being held in Baltimore, MD on 9/17. Cost is $30 and it'll be a hoot!

I'm a good friend of Svxfiles. Glad you've met him as well.

-Chike

subi-crosser 07-06-2005 06:26 PM

hi. new here

Gonna see what the first time out brings. I will be working on the car for a few sessions befor I go embarras myself out of town. I want to retain some of the original stuff on the car because my 13 year old daughter is acting like she wants to lay CLAIM to it in a couple years

Chiketkd 07-06-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
Gonna see what the first time out brings. I will be working on the car for a few sessions befor I go embarras myself out of town. I want to retain some of the original stuff on the car because my 13 year old daughter is acting like she wants to lay CLAIM to it in a couple years

No embarrassment...just a good time! Hope you can make it...there'll be a lot of free Subaru stuff, and subaru lovers galore! :)

-Chike

Andy 07-07-2005 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
I was turned on to this site by svxfiles, I was at his shop with questions about my latest subi, an 85 XT turbo 5 sp. I have 7 subi's at this time, 2 outback wagons, a 95 legacy, a 91 leg wagon a 90 leg sedan and an 85 wagon. I traded a honda goldwing for the XT. I have been autocrossing the 90 legacy this year but the automatic trans was taking the fun out of it. The XT will be making its first run on july 31. I had it to a car show over the 4th weekend and had a chance to play with it. I was happy! I don't have a svx yet, but one will show up. I'm sure. They always do!

Someone turned on by svxfiles!! That must be a first!! :eek: :eek:

Welcome to the friendliest place on the intarweb. :)

CigarJohnny 07-07-2005 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy

LOL! :D

Welcome aboard, Subi-crosser :)

svxfiles 07-07-2005 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy

Welcome to the friendliest place on the intarweb. :)

Thats nice, thats REAl nice.

Now i feel bad about myself......

Like THAT could happen!!! :D :D :D

benebob 07-07-2005 08:04 AM

Welcome to the site and congrats on the trade. The early XT isn't the most competative H Stock car out there even less so without TONS of work in the street classes. It is killed by the wheels and the added weight of part time 4wd, air suspension if it has it and if it was converted you're already in a mod class. You'll actually do better autoxing the Legacy. I passed my suggestion on to SVXfiles in a PM but here's my suggestion for it. Besides it would be much more fun than autoxing her, just a little harder on the suspension.

1. Buy these! http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=0

2. Make yourself a skid plate for under the oil pan

3. GO KILL WRXs on a Rallyx :D :eek: .

Oh yeah, check out www.xt6.net as well. VERY good XT site! The good thing about the XT is the parts are pretty plentiful with all the EA-82s out there and tons of cross over parts. Just make sure you clean the front fenders by the door if they haven't rotted their own drain yet.

I'll see ya on the 31st as we'll be coming down with our SVX.

ensteele 07-07-2005 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
I'm a good friend of Svxfiles. Glad you've met him as well.

-Chike

Name dropper! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :p

subi-crosser 07-07-2005 09:21 PM

new here some more

I only discovered subi's 4 years ago!I still have the 61 ford convertable I bought in my senior year of high school, Bet i can get my $100. back! It has 300,000 on it now and in 2 years I will drive it to my 35 class reunion! WE also have a 65 formula S baracuda, a 47 Dodge street rod p/u w/440ci, a 65 Dodge A 100 van w/413 ci and a 91 Dodge ext cab p/u w 48k, and a partridge in a pear tree! If anyone is interested, I also have an un-restored 57 chevy Viking shorty school bus that WAS at Woodstock in '69' $750. takes it! Even has the paisley curtains and green shag carpet!w/ rainbow painted on ceiling! I was going to'do it up' till I got THE schoolbus that my youngest daughter cried on the steps the first day of kiddie-garden and rode till she was out of grade school. The side dinette is made around the seat she sat on for 6 years. Senti-mental old fool! I GOTTA try the XT on the thirty onceted, If only for morbid curiosity! Air still there, but pump don't work no mo, gotta use a compressor to 'get it up'. You guys are great!

Chiketkd 07-07-2005 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Name dropper! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :p

Hey...some people actually call me his third son! ;) :D

-Chike

SVXRide 07-07-2005 09:53 PM

Welcome to the site!
Hope to meet you on the 30/31st at the Cumberland airport event!
-Bill

subi-crosser 07-09-2005 08:35 PM

hi new here

Got a ride in the worlds first SUPERCHARGED SVX. I think we can do each other some good. ( car related), It's been a long time since I felt real power from a launch. It was really easy to find the place, just look for the place where a ship loaded with fuji stuff ran aground and dumped the load so it would float again!