The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercharged Projects (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   can it b done?? toyota = svx (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41365)

svxual 10-17-2007 03:50 AM

can it b done?? toyota = svx

1 Attachment(s)
was wondering if anyone has tried any other supercharger other than the ones made for the svx.. eg..from2tz 2.4 4cyl estima van these ones have a throttle body/tps and air bypass built into air intake pipes basic super charger is the same they dont require any feed and are a good little unit that dosnt give any trouble will suit engines up to 3.8 litre petrol or diesel a mate had one on a 2.8 hilux and it went awsome (10 lbs boost) boost is controlled by belt pulley ratios they have an electric clutch but can be locked

SilverSpear 10-17-2007 03:58 AM

Hmmm... svxual, you should be careful bro where you post on the forum. This belongs to the mods section. :o

EDIT: Transferred to the MODs section :D

svxual 10-17-2007 04:18 AM

sorry 1000 opoligies

Nomake Wan 10-17-2007 04:53 AM

I knew a guy who was tinkering with the idea of putting a different supercharger on, but haven't heard anything about it as he is... incommunicado. :o

JaySVX 10-17-2007 05:32 AM

Painful... caps lock and punctuation are universally accepted as the common form to end a thought, before proceeding to the next. Please consider them.

Manarius 10-17-2007 06:30 AM

Anything can be made to work. The question is: How much money do YOU want to spend on it? :)

TomsSVX 10-17-2007 06:35 AM

also with that thought, would it be the best option?? I would rather buy a blower that cost $1k more than use a used one that I would have to change the entire engine for.

Tom

Octanerush 10-17-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 501558)
Anything can be made to work. The question is: How much money do YOU want to spend on it? :)

not just money but also time. worth looking into. i was thinking of something similar. i've seen it done on bimmers. one of my buddies did it. it does work but needs alot of custom work

svxistentialist 10-17-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxual (Post 501521)
was wondering if anyone has tried any other supercharger other than the ones made for the svx.. eg..from2tz 2.4 4cyl estima van these ones have a throttle body/tps and air bypass built into air intake pipes basic super charger is the same they dont require any feed and are a good little unit that dosnt give any trouble will suit engines up to 3.8 litre petrol or diesel a mate had one on a 2.8 hilux and it went awsome (10 lbs boost) boost is controlled by belt pulley ratios they have an electric clutch but can be locked

They can be made to work OK, but nobody we know has ever done it. Your big problem is orientation and the fabrication that would be required to work them. [As in they were set up to feed an upright straight four, rather than a flat six] They could be made to work in the same way svxfiles mounted his. Check svxfiles locker for pictures.

To be honest, if you were going this route you would be far better off to fit a new Rotrex. They are not too cheap but are very compact and can give any power you want.

Joe

It's Just Eric 10-17-2007 09:34 AM

You guys have been ragging on this guy's English since he's gotten here. Cut the guy a break, will ya?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Posting Rules
By the same token, this is “World” Network and we realize that English is not the first language of some of our members. We ask that other members appreciate their willingness to post in English and make allowances for their errors. In other words, don’t flame members whose English is less than perfect, especially those whose primary language isn’t English

Anyhow, as far as I know, nobody has tried that type of supercharger unit. If you know of a cheap source for one, and have any fabrication experiance...Its worth a try.

Hondasucks 10-17-2007 09:52 AM

I've been toying with trying to use the supercharger off of a Toyota Previa, they're belt driven, plus AFAIK they are a centrifugal supercharger (I think that is the correct term, looks like a big belt-driven turbo) I know the TRD supercharger for the Scion tC is like that, but it's got a big arse shaft on it, and it's $2500 :mad: bit if one ever comes in with a broken shaft it probably would not be all that difficult to shorten the shaft.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...1968_208677455

svxistentialist 10-17-2007 10:05 AM

That looks a cool system.

Yes, centrifugal is the correct term. So is the Rotrex. So is svxfiles one. They are definitely a gearbox driven turbo, as we know them.

All of them will require fabrication to connect up to the intake and the headers, and to an intercooler if required.

Joe

svxual 10-18-2007 04:05 AM

cheers 4 the comments about my english people, but there are two types of english, american english and the rest of the world english !!
and just for your information i am a certified ESOL teacher!!

SilverSpear 10-18-2007 04:35 AM

LOL... you should've seen the comments when I first registered... they were like "What's this guy's language? Jupiter English??" :lol::lol::lol:

I speak Arabic (mother language), French educated while in school, then switched to English at university level... so I am good in each according to that order. :D

In your case... it is a :barf: phase and it will eventually pass :banana:

svxual 10-18-2007 05:45 AM

lol..... back at ya :) i just finished going through those old posts about you doing the fibreglass kits etc.. they did pick on ya a bit also... ah well . u speak 3 languages in 5 dilects?? me i speak and write (sortoff some might say) english , french , maori.. and can speak but not write german , italian, polish..:D