The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   the most common svx problems. poll (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8502)

solarsvx 01-30-2003 08:58 AM

the most common svx problems. poll

im curous what u have replaced on your svx. this is for every one so we wil know exactly what break the most.

i think i got all them covered if there is something else. the moderators can change it.

i think this would help every one in some way

u can choose more then one

MNYPNNY 01-30-2003 09:10 AM

You forgot brake rotors.....

~~Michelle

kuoh 01-30-2003 09:11 AM

I don't know if it's possible, but you should add "replaced how many times" for some of the items that we know have repeated failures, like the bearings and tranny.

KuoH

solarsvx 01-30-2003 09:14 AM

yea good pointe forgot the rotors =>

there isnt a option for how many times,, trying to find out the most common i guess..

i cant change the polls =< only moderators can,, ohhh moderators !!!!!!! we need rotors in there

Mr. Pockets 01-30-2003 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
You forgot brake rotors.....

~~Michelle

Brake rotors, to me, are consumables - as are many items on solar's list. While it's well-intentioned, I think that this poll lacks the definition it requires to gather any useful information. Many of us are well past 100k miles on our SVXs, and a couple of us are past 200k. After 100k miles, I think that most repairs on the above list are forgivable. Some are not, and the SVX's common transmission failure is an example. The poll also lacks the ability to enter how many times we've replaced each item, as well as the number of miles on our cars. If we could collect that information, then we'd have an average number of miles in between failures of any given part.

CigarJohnny 01-30-2003 09:16 AM

transfer clutch

transfer clutches are not consumables in my book and should be seperate from the transmission. So I guess I'm saying you should add that as well to the list of choices :)

solarsvx 01-30-2003 09:20 AM

good pointe mrpockets

doesnt say how many times.. and most of it is due to wear and tear. i guess

but it should help some how atleast narrow down to the top 3 common things.

too bad we can add the miles also i.e

transmision over 100,000 miles i guess i should have put miles on there

CigarJohnny 01-30-2003 09:22 AM

Also if you edit the poll and add more choices, will we be able to add to it? The poll tells me I already voted and cannot do so again. If you add options I am unable to check them. Perhaps you should delete this poll before it gets too many replies and start a new revised one? Just a thought ;)

solarsvx 01-30-2003 09:28 AM

wheres randy at whene i need him. =<

they can change the poll around.. if not some one else can start a new and better one i guess and i will delete this one

Ron Mummert 01-30-2003 12:49 PM

Also....The poll asks "what have YOU replaced"? I'm aware of a few things that were replaced by a prior owner, but during the two years I've had mine, only two of the listed items were replaced.
Should we add ALL known repairs?

Ron (trying to make things more complex).

Aredubjay 01-30-2003 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by solarsvx
wheres randy at whene i need him. =<

they can change the poll around.. if not some one else can start a new and better one i guess and i will delete this one

I can edit choices on the poll, but, I don't think I can set it to allow people to vote more than once, or add to.

Mr. Pockets 01-30-2003 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I can edit choices on the poll, but, I don't think I can set it to allow people to vote more than once, or add to.

If we really wanted to track how many times each owner has replaced a given item, and how many miles are on his or her car, I would think that we'd have to make it part of each member's profile. Then we could compile the results. I don't know anything about vBulletin, so I don't know whether or not this is possible. I would think that it'd be basic database programming.

Aredubjay 01-30-2003 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

If we really wanted to track how many times each owner has replaced a given item, and how many miles are on his or her car, I would think that we'd have to make it part of each member's profile. Then we could compile the results. I don't know anything about vBulletin, so I don't know whether or not this is possible. I would think that it'd be basic database programming.

That, would be a "sith" question.

CigarJohnny 01-30-2003 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

That's what I wuz afeared of :rolleyes: :D

Sorry but all the "cousin" comments in another thread got the better of me. ;)

Earthworm 02-01-2003 07:22 PM

Would sensors be consumables? (O2/knock/engine temp/crank angle/cam angle....)