The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Personal Lockers (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=413)

LarryIII 05-14-2001 10:26 AM

Personal Lockers

Could someone please post the step by step method for creating a personal locker. Please note that I am a dummy with computers.

Thanks.

Larry III:confused:

jscorse 05-14-2001 11:05 AM

Hmm??

:confused: Sorry dude. I really want to help but mine's already set up. I can't even remember how I did it.... definite sign of advancing age.

Is there an option to set up your locker in your "User CP" button?

jscorse 05-14-2001 11:09 AM

Here's some actual help.

Larry. I did a search. You can DO that here. ;)

I think the terminalogy has changed since this post, but I believe your "User CP" button will get you to your personal settings place.

<<If you go to your profile now, you will see a link to your personal briefcase (towards the top, in the nav bar). The first time you go there you will have to click the "create" link to set everything up on the server for you. You can then upload files, create folders, whatever. Jpegs and Gifs will be automatically thumbnailed, if they have a .jpg or .gif extension. Otherwise, any file type can be uploaded and will be given a "document" icon. It is also important that you include a description on the files, as the original file name isnt perserved (to prevent abuse by having filenames like "blah.jpg | echo /etc/passwd > mail "To: leethax0r!"" or something.

If you need more help, post here.

Also, the main navigation bar on the left side of the main page has a link to the personal briefcase list, which shows everybodies briefcase.

You can get to it at:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos

Hope you all like it! >>

sith 05-14-2001 11:10 AM

Oi vey.

You should be able to hit the "user cp" at the top of the forum window to get to your profile screen. Then click "personal briefcase" in the bar of links (my vb home, edit profile, edit options, so on. briefcases are towards the right)

From there it should bring you to a screen that says "you have not yet created your personal briefcase, click ->here<- to do so" (or something). Click on "here", it will take you to a screen that says the briefcase has been created, and "click here to return and begin adding files," clicking "here" will get you back to the briefcase main page and you can click add to begin adding files / folders.

Let me know if you need some more help.

Aredubjay 05-14-2001 01:32 PM

Sith, I noticed that, since the color scheme change, the word "here" is no longer a color. Even though I knew it was there, it threw me off the first time I went to post some info into my "Locker." Can that be remedied?

sith 05-14-2001 01:45 PM

Yeah, I need to find a suitable colour. Problem is I can only change it site-wide, so it needs to be something that looks ok. I'll play around a bit right now and see if I can come up with anything.

Of course, I could go drive my svx instead... hmm... (hehe)

Aredubjay 05-14-2001 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sith
Yeah, I need to find a suitable colour. Problem is I can only change it site-wide, so it needs to be something that looks ok. I'll play around a bit right now and see if I can come up with anything.

Of course, I could go drive my svx instead... hmm... (hehe)

I don't think anyone would blame you of you dissed the site for a while to go drive your SVX. Go have fun! "Here" can wait! :D

sith 05-14-2001 01:56 PM

I switch the links to a red that, according to photoshop at least, should match the red on the logo. This effects everything except the forum. I think it looks ok, any feedback?

I also can't tell how close the colour is, as my wonderful Viewsonic PF77 monitor has flakey out on me, for a second time. Anybody here work for viewsonic and want to convince them that after two failed monitors within 6 months maybe they should stop making me pay $70 to ship the broken ones back? Hrmph. Now I have to decide whether I want to do ART brakes / steel lines, or buy an LCD monitor.

LarryIII 05-15-2001 07:02 PM

Thanks to all for your help in setting up my personal locker.
I set it up and put data in it on the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet.
Thanks again.

Larry III

:p

Seraph 05-15-2001 07:37 PM

If i were you, i'd just go drive my svx. hehe. Man, it was a nice day in chicago today. temp in the 90s. gas prices still soring.
seraphim - aka lwin

Aredubjay 05-15-2001 08:16 PM

Lwin, too bad you hadn't joined before I had to come to Chicago on business about three weeks ago. We coulda hooked up. I'd have been without my SVX, but, it'd sure have been good to see one while I was missing mine. Gad! The withdrawal we SVXers suffer after a few days without our cars. :D

Seraph 05-15-2001 09:07 PM

I am happy with the svx. I know how you must have felt. After the accident and without the car, I felt all alone and helpless. But now, I am having fun again. Next time you drop by, let me know.
Lwin