The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Lcoation of Ignition relay?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31670)

dwolfe71 02-20-2006 06:39 PM

Lcoation of Ignition relay??

Rock auto online has an ignition relay listed for the SVX along with an ignition switch. Question....where is the ignition relay located and could it cause low voltage thru the trigger wire that is connected to the starter??? Anyone have a pic of the location??? I'm doing some trouble shooting ...want to locate the relay before I dive into the ignition switch!!

ensteele 02-20-2006 09:35 PM

What trouble are you having?

dwolfe71 02-20-2006 11:57 PM

limited mv power coming from trigger wire to starter. I think it is the ignition switch or might be a relay. Rock auto online shows that the SVX has an ignition relay and an ignition switch. Need to know where the relay is located. I change starter and batt and did starter relay bypass but same prob exist. Got power to everything except starter. Turn the key to start and nothing but click in dash and computer and normal sounds seatbelt and warning light etc. If I can locate the ignition relay that Rock auto has listed then it will help. Has anyone ever seen the ignition relay?????

SVXsnubb 02-21-2006 01:24 AM

Hi

Do you have a theft protection system? It can make problem.
According to my circuit diagram there is no relay between the start switch and the starter. The power comes from fuse SBF4 to the ignition switch.
On the way it pass the inhibitor switch at the transmition.
The inhibitor switch can make problem if itis worn or not correct adjusted.

To check that you can by pass it by connect no 11 and 12 at connector B13.
B13 is located at top of the converter housing, it is an twelve pole connector.
The cabels are black/yellow and black/white.

I hope this can help you. Good luck

Regards
Lars

dwolfe71 02-21-2006 04:11 AM

I actually ordered a new NSS and plug it in but still got the same problem of no start when turn key to start. still able to hot start starter with jumper. It gotta be the ignition switch. I guess I'll order an ignition switch , get a key cut , plug it in and see what happens. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

dannmarr 02-21-2006 04:51 AM

starter relay bypass

Check out SVX-IW.COM and look under ENGINE, then STARTER RELAY BYPASS INSTALATION. This could solve your problem.

dwolfe71 02-23-2006 02:42 PM

So can the ignition switch still function as far as giving power to acessories etc etc but at same time not provide power to starter upon turning key????

Earthworm 02-24-2006 12:44 PM

Yes. It's just one wire that goes to the starter from the ignition.

dwolfe71 03-06-2006 01:16 PM

Ok I figured something out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tracked the power supply all the way to the Starter interrupt relay!!!! As I said in earlier posts...my ignition switch is great, batt is good , starter good and NSS good. The power coming in from ignition switch is great via blk/white wire, power coming into from the batt is good via blue/red wire. Here are the problems. The power from the batt (blue/red wire) goes straight to the security module via relay and small blue/ white wire but small blue wire only registers like .22V with power route through relay. When I disconnected relay, and jumpered the blk/white with the big blue/whit that goes to the inhibitor the car started right up. I also later jumpered the blue/red to the small blue/white and now I am without security features and remote control door locks!!. But that seems to narrow my problem down to the damn security system!! Now I need recheck all and replace the fuse that for the seucrity system that I probably blew during the jumpering session. The problem now lies somewhere between the starter interrupt wires and the security module!!! What a freakin complicated vehicle this is!!! Well at least I dont have to hot wire the starter anymore to get it started. My fear is that as soon as I replace the dang fuse for the security module, the no start issue will have again!!! Also after the power went out for the security system , I was able to plug the relay back in and the FREAKIN CAR started! This makes me focus more on the security system as the culprit of my problems! Oh well ......at least I'm learning more and more about the wonderful car of mine

dwolfe71 03-06-2006 01:32 PM

Ok I figured something out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tracked the power supply all the way to the Starter interrupt relay!!!! As I said in earlier posts...my ignition switch is great, batt is good , starter good and NSS good. The power coming in from ignition switch is great via blk/white wire, power coming into from the batt is good via blue/red wire. Here are the problems. The power from the batt (blue/red wire) goes straight to the security module via relay and small blue/ white wire but small blue wire only registers like .22V with power route through relay. When I disconnected relay, and jumpered the blk/white with the big blue/whit that goes to the inhibitor the car started right up. I also later jumpered the blue/red to the small blue/white and now I am without security features and remote control door locks!!. But that seems to narrow my problem down to the damn security system!! Now I need recheck all and replace the fuse that for the seucrity system that I probably blew during the jumpering session. The problem now lies somewhere between the starter interrupt wires and the security module!!! What a freakin complicated vehicle this is!!! Well at least I dont have to hot wire the starter anymore to get it started. My fear is that as soon as I replace the dang fuse for the security module, the no start issue will have again!!! Also after the power went out for the security system , I was able to plug the relay back in and the FREAKIN CAR started! This makes me focus more on the security system as the culprit of my problems! Oh well ......at least I'm learning more and more about the wonderful car of mine