The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Solo 2 question (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16470)

YodaIsGod 02-16-2004 02:23 PM

Solo 2 question

trying to help my friend Brock with classing his ride.

based on the information on the site below.....

http://moutons.org/sccasolo/

....the SVX is in G Stock. But it seems to me, he can only to into Street Mod (Street Prepared?!), and can not get into Street Touring. Does this make sense? Is the fact that the stock engine is a 3.3L?

GreenMarine 02-16-2004 03:47 PM

I don't know jack about autocrossing rules... All I know is I get a number and get told when to go through the cones as fast as possible... (Never Autocrossed the SVX before though)... I've only autocrossed the little Miata the I took to Reading last year... That was fun :D:D:cool:

immortal_suby 02-16-2004 04:33 PM

I was put in g stock at the subaru challenge

benebob 02-16-2004 05:52 PM

G stock is what the SVX is according to the rule book. Now if you have done any mods such as springs, possibly koni inserts too, larger wheels or non stock size tires, an aftermarket exhaust etc its likely that you've gone to street prepared. Basically the generic rule of thumb is if it has aftermarket enhancing parts other than a k&n air filter you've moved out of stock. If their was an option for that part when the car was new i.e. larger tires for a 97 SVX (since older SVXs had bigger tires) that would be ok. If you have specific details of his car you could pm them to me and I'll check it out in my 03 rulebook and let ya know.

SVXRide 02-16-2004 08:34 PM

Yep, the SVX is G-Stock per SCCA rules - I'll be running my first full season this year (the local SCCA chapter uses the parking lot at FedEx field - where the Redskins play their home games). Talking with the local SOLO lead, it really gets down to not having done any serious mods to the stock configuration. You can run race tires (Hoosiers, Kumho Victoracers (my tires), etc.) in the same size as the stock street tires and modify the exhaust system. You can't lower the car or go crazy with the suspension (i.e. Porter's Koni/Coilover set up would bump you out of G-Stock).
-Bill
p.s. Harry (newsvx) is a seasoned autocross vet - his son runs the autocross events for the local MBCA. He's the one I "blame" for my addiction:D

newsvx 02-16-2004 09:15 PM

BENEBOB and SVXRIDE have it correct. The SVX (FWD and AWD) is classed in G Stock. There is little one can change and still remain in G Stock (or any other "stock" class. As an example, if the stock brake lines are changed out to the steel braided kind, the car is no longer "stock" and moved into "street prepared". Yep, that one little change. Bottom line is that if you are going to make any changes like that, get the rule book and make ALL you can that is allowed in "street prepared".

Harry

rufus 02-17-2004 06:43 AM

Interestingly enough, though, you can install the Koni inserts and stay in stock class. Or change the FRONT sway bar.

The SVX will never be able to enter in STS class, no matter what modifications are made, because of the engine size and the type of car it is.

rufus 02-17-2004 06:49 AM

Harry-

It still looks to me like my 911 is going to be in B-stock, unfortunately, unless there are some vintage class rules that I'm missing somewhere. I'm not sure how competitive I'll be with that index...:eek:

SVXRide 02-17-2004 08:09 AM

911?? Man, have you been holding out on us?:D
Oh, to be single with disposable income again...(j/k!!)
-Bill

benebob 02-17-2004 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rufus
Interestingly enough, though, you can install the Koni inserts and stay in stock class. Or change the FRONT sway bar.

The SVX will never be able to enter in STS class, no matter what modifications are made, because of the engine size and the type of car it is.

Here's some more oddities.

The XT6 came with only an auto for FWD so it can only run with an auto unless you add full time 4wd. The full time 4wd came with an air susp so it MUST remain an air suspension to stay stock even though the standard susp was available on the fwder.