The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vermont - The armpit of Subyland! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10574)

TapperManor 05-06-2003 08:14 PM

Vermont - The armpit of Subyland!

1 Attachment(s)
Just snapped a shot behind my garage. I feel like a true Vermonter now. (2 cars up on blocks) Anyone need XT parts?

Subafreak 05-06-2003 09:02 PM

Gasp! an SVX on cinderblocks! thats just wrong.

alacrity024 05-06-2003 09:42 PM

wow.. you don't even see that in New HAMPSHIRE..

-adam

Porter 05-06-2003 09:48 PM

Re: Vermont - The armpit of Subyland!

Quote:

Originally posted by TapperManor
Just snapped a shot behind my garage. I feel like a true Vermonter now. (2 cars up on blocks) Anyone need XT parts?
XT PARTS!!??

I need a passenger side front fender if it is rust free! It's the right color and everything!

P.S. I'm broke! Cheap is good! ;)

LarryIII 05-07-2003 04:39 AM

Your cinder blocks are on backwards. :D :D :D

benebob 05-07-2003 07:03 AM

How much money and what kind of XT6 would take away your 95? I'm assuming that it needs a new tranny which is why its on blocks.:( :D

Mr. Pockets 05-07-2003 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Brilliant. :D

Green1995SVX 05-07-2003 07:38 AM

Wow that picture makes me very very sad. :(

Mike

PS- Great one Larry. :D

Aredubjay 05-07-2003 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Brilliant. :D

AGREED! I laughed out loud . . . really. :D:D:D

Aredubjay 05-07-2003 07:42 AM

Quote:

Reminds me of home, 'cept you could use a 'fridgerator and a washer/dryer. Arranged just right, the combination makes a wonderful display. :D:D:D

Y'just might be a redneck, if'n only 1 out of the four cars in your yard actually runs. :D:D:D

TapperManor 05-07-2003 10:54 AM

Re: Re: Vermont - The armpit of Subyland!

Passenger fender has rust. The Driver side fender is rust free, that came from a southern car. too bad you need the other side. You can have the pass side, but not sure that you would want it.

Quote:

Originally posted by Porter

XT PARTS!!??

I need a passenger side front fender if it is rust free! It's the right color and everything!

P.S. I'm broke! Cheap is good! ;)

TapperManor 05-07-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
How much money and what kind of XT6 would take away your 95? I'm assuming that it needs a new tranny which is why its on blocks.:( :D
The "95" runs and drives fine. It has a little rust on the doors where the metal meets the molding. The biggest problem at the moment is no heat.
As outlined here:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...&threadid=9604

The car is up on blocks because I am having a buddy, sandblasting and powdercoating the rims. They got so rusty they do not hold air.

As far as what I want for the car. I would take about $2000 and a decent running XT6 AWD. I suppose it depends on the condition of the XT6. The XT6 is a much better car for the vermont winters. My "92'" SVX would be my summer car.

Wow, I just noticed your lineup of vehicles. SVX, Brat and XT6. I envy you. I will be looking for a Brat after I get an XT6.

TapperManor 05-07-2003 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Reminds me of home, 'cept you could use a 'fridgerator and a washer/dryer. Arranged just right, the combination makes a wonderful display. :D:D:D

Y'just might be a redneck, if'n only 1 out of the four cars in your yard actually runs. :D:D:D

The old 'fridgerator and a washer/dryer' go on the front porch for everyone to see, NOT behing the garage. (jus kiddin) :D

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
Gasp! an SVX on cinderblocks! thats just wrong.
Gimme a break, It is a good way to get all four wheels off the ground at the same time, especialy for an extended period of time.

Aredubjay 05-07-2003 11:20 AM

Re: Re: Re: Vermont - The armpit of Subyland!

Quote:

The old 'fridgerator and a washer/dryer' go on the front porch for everyone to see, NOT behing the garage.

I thought that WAS the front of your house. Good call, though. :D:D

Uncamitzi 05-07-2003 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
I just laughed out loud....Everyone looked at me ..... I'm embarassed....:D :D :D