The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Love Note (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64922)

Ron Mummert 08-21-2019 01:35 PM

A Love Note

Long time, no post. Well, I've had the beast for a tad over 18 years. Just as gorgeous, or more so, than on the day I bought her. Still runs 100% too. But since my retirement ages ago, & a move to the rural Blue Ridge near Blacksburg, VA, I've driven her maybe once a week mainly for exercise. I've seen maybe 3-4 SVXen locally in ten years. I get very little, "What'n hay-ill's that thing? these days. Kids stare at screens, not cars.

So, while on a vittle run to Kroger in Christiansburg, VA yesterday, imagine my surprise to find a note under the wiper. It read, & I'll quote - "Had to leave a love note. I own #5247 Alpine white. Hope to see you around town. Sean" Well, we all know it's Pearl white, so It can't be an informed member in here. And I've never seen anyone refer to a build number. So, guess I'll just have to keep driving around town trying to spot an Alpine with Sean at the wheel. But, if any of you devotees have an inkling as to who this fellow might be, let me know. I need to have a conversation with a local SVX nut over a few afternoon beers. Ron. :)

theflystyle 08-22-2019 03:39 AM

Re: A Love Note

That is interesting.

Side note, we appear to have done the opposite migration - Howard County MD <--> Blue Ridge Mountains.

I wish you luck in your search for Sean!

Blacky 08-22-2019 04:50 AM

You'll need to drive yours more so when you meet Sean at least you are in the "correct" vehicle.
Just last week a young guy (27) approached me at the local grocery store. He said "That's a Subaru? I was looking at it when you were down the street at the hardware store. I've never seen one of those before."
We had a chat for while and when I said it was a '97 he said "Wow, I was only five years old when that was built!"

SVX_MY_BABY 08-22-2019 06:34 AM

Ha.
I've had the exact opposite experience with younger people noticing my car. They approach and actually know what the car is, and are really enthusiastic about it. :)

Sean486 08-22-2019 10:05 AM

I seem to get some kind of recognition every time I take the car out. Either comments or thumbs up or craned necks as they pass, but especially when getting gas.

Ron Mummert 08-22-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theflystyle (Post 751225)
That is interesting.

Side note, we appear to have done the opposite migration - Howard County MD <--> Blue Ridge Mountains.

I wish you luck in your search for Sean!

Thank you for helping HOCO stay afloat with your taxes that I ran off to the hills to avoid - not to mention the ungodly traffic. I do drop by once a year to observe the suburban sprawl monster. :D

Ron Mummert 08-22-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY (Post 751227)
Ha.
I've had the exact opposite experience with younger people noticing my car. They approach and actually know what the car is, and are really enthusiastic about it. :)

Obviously Canadian kids are better educated than those south of the border :cool:

LarryIII 08-22-2019 01:57 PM

Rondo,

No matter what happens with Sean , you know that I'll always love you.:lol:

Ron Mummert 08-23-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII (Post 751234)
Rondo,

No matter what happens with Sean , you know that I'll always love you.:lol:

I know, Larry, & you're suckin' up for another Chivas christening, aren't you?

Cheers! Ron. ;)

huck369 08-26-2019 11:08 AM

Hey Ron, you're only about 300 miles from me now....you can always come meet up with Randy and I, since Randy's daughter and grand kids live here! maybe for the next Somernite's Cruise car show.....(4th Saturday of the month)

ensteele 09-02-2019 09:12 PM

I'm not local, but I'm always up for some afternoon beers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trevor 09-03-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 751243)
Hey Ron, you're only about 300 miles from me now....you can always come meet up with Randy and I, since Randy's daughter and grand kids live here! maybe for the next Somernite's Cruise car show.....(4th Saturday of the month)

Hey Huck,

If you see Randy's "Princess", please pass on my special regards. It seems only yesterday that she visited as a loverly young girl and played my piano.

Thanks, Trevor.

huck369 09-04-2019 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 751264)
Hey Huck,

If you see Randy's "Princess", please pass on my special regards. It seems only yesterday that she visited as a lovely young girl and played my piano.

Thanks, Trevor.

Will do Trevor! But suspect Randy will see her before I do...