The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Car Show in Winchester, VA, Nov 3, 2007 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40727)

newsvx 09-12-2007 08:28 PM

Car Show in Winchester, VA, Nov 3, 2007

1 Attachment(s)
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN TAKING YOUR SVX TO A CAR SHOW????????:cool:

My church, Macedonia United Methodist Church, is hosting a second annual car show on November 3 as part of the church's FALL FESTIVAL. I have attached a flyer with the details.

Last year we had about 20 cars (it was the first annual show), and everyone seemed to have a great time. In addition to my SVX (I'll have two there this year!!;)) there was a $140K 1965 Corvette, a 1959 Chevy convertible, a number of other Corvettes, Cameros, etc. Even a 1969 Datsun 240Z (restored).

So mark your calendars. Come out and enjoy being with other car people, enjoy a free lunch, get a jar of homemade applebutter (and maybe even help make it in the big iron pots over a real wood fire!!!!

This could be a mini-meet!!!!:banana::woo:

Harry

newsvx 09-12-2007 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
UPDATED FLYER attached .....:D

newsvx 09-12-2007 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Updated Flyer!!!!! :d

SVXyGirl 09-12-2007 09:44 PM

grrrr...

I may be in or leaving for Bermuda that week.

I'll have to double check, but if I'm free I'll go. :cool:

newsvx 09-13-2007 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXyGirl (Post 492994)
grrrr...

Beck,
BERMUDA?? !!:eek: You mean you want to be warm in the winter? :lol:

Hopefully we can get a bunch of SVXi down for the show. And the applebutter is GOOD too - and an experience to make!!
Harry
Harry

rufus 09-13-2007 07:14 AM

Harry-

There is also an MB club autocross the following day in Winchester that some may be interested in attending. You may want to post some info on cheap hotels in the area in case people want to make a weekend out of it...

lhopp77 09-13-2007 09:59 AM

Help?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXyGirl (Post 492994)
grrrr...

I'll have to double check, but if I'm free I'll go. :cool:

I could use a warm vacation about that time. Do you need a chaperone or something? :)

Lee

SVXyGirl 09-13-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhopp77 (Post 493106)
I could use a warm vacation about that time. Do you need a chaperone or something? :)

Lee

Hahaha. I go every year. I have a lot of friends over there that I visit and that is usually the best time to go...no tourists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsvx (Post 493056)
Beck,
BERMUDA?? !!:eek: You mean you want to be warm in the winter? :lol:

Yes, I like the warm weather. Though one time I went it was colder there than here one day.:(

AlcyoneDaze 09-13-2007 01:25 PM

little bit of a drive for me... if I can convince my hood ornament to come I'll be there though

Chiketkd 09-14-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufus (Post 493067)
Harry-

There is also an MB club autocross the following day in Winchester that some may be interested in attending. You may want to post some info on cheap hotels in the area in case people want to make a weekend out of it...

That has the makings of a really cool weekend! :cool:

That weekend November 3-4 is when the South East Divisional will be held in Atlanta. As I won DS at the last Super Regional in VA, I'm qualified for the event. So I'm 99% sure I'll be in Atlanta that weekend from Friday - Sunday. Here's hoping I can kick some Integra Type R arse... :ninja:

Chike

94SubieSVX 09-14-2007 02:29 PM

I may be able to make, not too sure yet though.

newsvx 09-14-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufus (Post 493067)
Harry-

Mike,
You are correct!! I didn't think of that - in fact, I forgot we had the autocross on the following Sunday!!!
GREAT idea!

For those that don't know, the Greater Washington Section Mercedes club has a "monthly" autocross here in the Winchester area - the last of the season is Nov 4, as Mike mentioned. Any car can run ($30 fee for non-members of the club), as long as it is licensed for the road (inspection sticker, etc). There are usually about 30 - 40 cars (only a third are actually Mercedes), so this is a small group. Normally, one gets three "practice" runs in the morning, and then the best of three runs in the afternoon for "official" time for the event. Mike (RUFUS), Ron Mummert and I (of the network here) are regulars - Mike is the fastest with his Porsche (or maybe the Audi). Anyway, he does much better than me or Ron :p.

As we get closer, I will post the names and phone numbers of local motels with prices.

Great idea, Mike!
Thanks,
Harry

94SubieSVX 09-15-2007 10:03 AM

Do you have to be 18 to do the autocross?

newsvx 09-15-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94SubieSVX (Post 493502)
Do you have to be 18 to do the autocross?

No. One needs to be 16 years old and have a valid driver's license.

One note also: all cars must be street legal ........

Harry

SVXyGirl 09-15-2007 07:50 PM

So far so good:cool:

I don't leave until the next week. :banana:

So far count me in.