The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   so i randomly bought myself a real car... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28021)

Mike621 08-23-2005 07:47 PM

so i randomly bought myself a real car...

After being to several meets and driving Avppow's SVX, I fell in love.

So I bought TapperManor's 92 Claret LS-L for $1250.

It probably needs a MAF sensor. But it drives now, I think. At least I'll know tomorrow probably. Ill post as soon as I get back, and Tomssvx, im calling you on the way down so I can show it to you.

:-D

n00b on demand 08-23-2005 07:50 PM

haha welcome to the dark side :D . Hope you have as much fun with the SVX as we all do. Now you don't have to just stand around at our meets :D

ensteele 08-23-2005 09:11 PM

The SVX is indeed a real car. :) :)

TomsSVX 08-23-2005 11:32 PM

Don't be afraid to give me a ring here and again. I will be in school a lot but will be back from time to time so if you need help or parts.. dial me up. I am working a double tomorrow from 1130 until about midnight. try and hit my cell around 10pm and see whats up. I don't want to drive too far as I don't have my car and I don't daily drive loaners from other people.... Well anyway you guys should check out this bad@$$ wagon I am rocking out for now

Tom

AvPPoW 08-24-2005 09:47 PM

forgot to log him out... try this again.......

Mike621 08-24-2005 09:49 PM

I'll bring it by once its legal... The steam cleaner blew up when John and I tried to use it on the engine bay about 20 mins ago... It scared the crap out of us and his dad... lol...

Its getting cleaned up pretty good too tomorrow before I go into work ( maybe the TPS adjustment and a brake band adjustment, but at the very least: all fluids changed, clay bar, compound, wash, wax, paint wiper arms, fix yellowed lights, vacuum carpets and condition the leather seats....... brush the suede, and then detail the engine compartment....)

I called you earlier and had left a message. Probably end up stopping by sometime over the next week with it.

Wagons rock btw...

Hocrest 08-25-2005 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
I don't want to drive too far as I don't have my car and I don't daily drive loaners from other people.... Well anyway you guys should check out this bad@$$ wagon I am rocking out for now

Tom

Hey Tom... while you got that bad ass wagon... theres a small group of us from the USMB getting together to hit the sandy trails in the Pine Barrens this weekend. Over along 206 about 5 miles south of Rte 70 (Red Lion). Jesse would be dissapointed if his wagon had this opportunity and you held it back ;)

TomsSVX 08-26-2005 06:08 AM

Sorry man, I just got back from picking my car up :( The cars runs great and the trans feels like it supported much better than it was before. Now I just have to get used to the clutch in it's current position :rolleyes: Anyway, I am tired and need some serious sleep. Later

Tom

Chiketkd 08-26-2005 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Sorry man, I just got back from picking my car up :( The cars runs great and the trans feels like it supported much better than it was before. Now I just have to get used to the clutch in it's current position :rolleyes: Anyway, I am tired and need some serious sleep. Later

Tom

Congrats Tom! Glad the new X-member works great!

-Chike

Mike621 08-26-2005 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
Hey Tom... while you got that bad ass wagon... theres a small group of us from the USMB getting together to hit the sandy trails in the Pine Barrens this weekend. Over along 206 about 5 miles south of Rte 70 (Red Lion). Jesse would be dissapointed if his wagon had this opportunity and you held it back ;)

I'm up for it on Sat if there's a place to park my SVX

Kiteless 08-26-2005 05:59 PM

All you KAAWAAAZEEE East Coasters! LOL..

Congrats on the sled! I know I love my SVX. It is the fastest car i have ever owned.

- Jason
1994 SVX-L 111,200Mi

Hocrest 08-29-2005 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621
I'm up for it on Sat if there's a place to park my SVX

Crap... I'm just seeing this now :(

I think we'll be getting together again before winter, I'll post it in "Upcoming Meets" when we get it planned.

There are usually a few passenger seats available.

AvPPoW 08-29-2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
Crap... I'm just seeing this now :(

I think we'll be getting together again before winter, I'll post it in "Upcoming Meets" when we get it planned.

There are usually a few passenger seats available.

It's cool, that was my post anyway, mike was still logged in. I'm now a member of USMB, so I'll watch for one. PM me if there's another in the pine barrons though, cause I'm 20mins out from where this meet was.

Subafreak 08-30-2005 08:13 PM

Wow, how did I miss this? Damn Tom you had the chance to got wheeling in the wagon and didn't take it? I told you it runs best when beat on. :D

Congrats on the purchase Mike, hopfully it will bring you years of wallet draining fun like it has for the rest of us. :D

TomsSVX 08-30-2005 08:16 PM

I already returned your wagon before I read that message. Sorry. I did however do some Urban Offroading and drive over parking blocks and up some stairs(concretet) just to show off :D

TOm