The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   summer cruise-in's (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18847)

seasvx 05-23-2004 06:10 PM

summer cruise-in's

as some of you know, i'm a sucker for the summertime cruise-in's at area drive-in's. within the next several weeks, the cruise season begins, as well as the show-n-shine's at community festivals and street fairs. i'm going to be going down some friday to Big Daddy's Drive-in in Auburn, then some saturday to the Triple XXX in Issaquah. these are early evening events, each lasting a few hours between around 5-6pm and dusk. we once had about 4 SVXi at the Triple XXX and actually drew some interest from folks who had come to see the sreet rods. anyway it's fun to get a burger & malt and check out great cars of all kinds.

and i wouldn't be disappointed if we lined up a few SVXi again either! stay tuned for more details over more of this same station...

manofmayo 05-23-2004 06:50 PM

I might be game Friday night. May not be the cleanest car there, but want to see what its about.

PM me with directions.

WestCoastSVX 05-25-2004 06:32 PM

It sounds like both of these drive-in events happen most Fri and Sat nights of the season. Any idea of more specific days you plan to actually go so the rest of us can join in the fun?

ensteele 05-25-2004 10:52 PM

I'm up for it too. I never did make it to the Hagen's meet that was there on Friday nights. I will check it out here too, and if you hear any more about that one, let me know. :D

seasvx 05-26-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
Any idea of more specific days you plan to actually go so the rest of us can join in the fun?
...stay tuned !

ensteele 05-26-2004 04:00 PM

I'm tuned! :D :cool: :cool: They are great fun. :)

SEA Sleeper 05-26-2004 07:50 PM

mmmmm roooootbear float :::Drooool:::

Ya'll can definately count me in for a XXXRootbeer meet. I am available allmost every weekend and I would love to get out there and show off a truly world class car. I've been going to that rootbeer stand since I moved to WA nearly 17 years ago (as long as I can remember). Let me know when and I'm there!

:cool: This is gonna be so cool :cool:

seasvx 06-03-2004 09:14 AM

Big Daddy's - Friday 6/4

mrs. seasvx & i are taking the mighty ninety-four down to Big Daddy's in Auburn this friday evening, to meetup with some (non-svx) friends, have a burger and take in the scene! all nwsvxi are welcome to share the experience with us from around 6:30 until dusk. open the windows & put on some tunes: cruise season is here!

Big Daddy's
1138 Auburn Way S
AUBURN, WA 98002 - 6227

ensteele 06-03-2004 09:31 AM

I can't make it this Friday, but let me know next time and I will try to make it. :)

manofmayo 06-03-2004 11:34 AM

I will try to make it this friday.

WestCoastSVX 06-03-2004 06:49 PM

I have to work job #2 right after job #1 Friday, so I'll be working still while you are having fun. :D

Next time though, especially if it is in Issaquah. :)

SEA Sleeper 07-02-2004 06:07 PM

I'm not gonna let this thread die!

I think that this type of meet would be awesome. Let's actually follow through and plan one eh?

Any suggestions? I like XXX Rootbeer in Issaqua. Give me a date and time and I'm there! :D

WestCoastSVX 07-02-2004 08:50 PM

I likey the XXX too, good location, good food, and a classy group that meets there.

I believe they have a cruise in there every Saturday night of summer, unless I am wrong?

Heck, I could even stop by there tomorrow night as there is a chance I might be in the area.

ensteele 07-02-2004 08:57 PM

It is farther for me, but I want to go too. We need to figure out a time more of us can attend. :)

SEA Sleeper 07-05-2004 04:58 PM

Allright! So from what Mac was saying Saturday nights may be our likely candidate. Now choosing one is the next step. Perhaps the best COA is to discuss this at Earl's? Otherwise, here is a list of saturdays upcoming. Perhaps we just do a sign up roster w/ this:

-=Summer Cruise in Sign up=-

Date Location/Time

example

"7/10/04__XXX/1900-2100: Sea Sleeper, Whoever"

7/17/04

7/24/04

7/30/04 - (no cruise in) SEAFOOD GOODNESS

Let me know how you guys think we should organise this.

I can't wait :)