The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bra Instructions (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6148)

Aredubjay 09-27-2002 08:44 AM

Bra Instructions

Just received my bra for the "Evil Twin." I don't usually approve of bras, but, this will cover a few of the blemishes on "ET" until I can have paint and body work done.

Does anyone have instructions on how to install the bra? If I'm going to do it, I want to do it right.

Thank you in advance.

R

Mr. Pockets 09-27-2002 08:46 AM

Hoo-boy. That's a tough one...

:D

...I've only had to take them off...

Oh, COME ON! It HAD to be said!

benebob 09-27-2002 09:02 AM

Bra

Putting a bra on? Hmmm... Why don't you ask a woman!:D :D :D

Aredubjay 09-27-2002 09:09 AM

Okay, okay. I deserved every bit of it. Now, can someone REALLY help me? :rolleyes: :D

solarsvx 09-27-2002 09:25 AM

what cup size is she =>>

make shure u wax the headlights and hood good before puting it on other wise it wil rub tha paint.. or the skin .. LOL

mattski 09-27-2002 09:59 AM

Clean the surface of the car and bra to reduce abrasions.

Start with the hood piece and slip it on, alternating the pulling/pusing on the left and right side. Clip on the retention band.

Go to the bottom piece and slip over license plate if you have one. Then the side pieces are slipped over the fender corner in the front near the light lenses. The back is then clipped to the wheel well and the front piece is clipped to the air dam.

If you need more details, I might have the instructions that I could scan.

Matt

svx_commuter 09-27-2002 10:08 AM

FRONT END REMOVAL COVERS MADE OF LEATHER FOR THE BUMPER AND HOOD = bra

Aredubjay 09-27-2002 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mattski
Clean the surface of the car and bra to reduce abrasions.

Start with the hood piece and slip it on, alternating the pulling/pusing on the left and right side. Clip on the retention band.

Go to the bottom piece and slip over license plate if you have one. Then the side pieces are slipped over the fender corner in the front near the light lenses. The back is then clipped to the wheel well and the front piece is clipped to the air dam.

If you need more details, I might have the instructions that I could scan.

Matt

If you could scan those, it'd be great. There is one part that says "this tag is attached to parts that must be placed between body panels" or, something like that. I certainly want to do that right.

If you can scan them and send the resulting scan to trspit80@aol.com, that would be super!

This bra, by the way, is the one with the SVX logo.

Thank you.

sfsvx 09-27-2002 11:46 AM

Randy, where'd you get the bra and what did it cost (if you don't mind my asking).

Aredubjay 09-27-2002 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dick Young
Randy, where'd you get the bra and what did it cost (if you don't mind my asking).
I acquired the bra from Harry Newman, who is parting out his son's wrecked car. It came with the car and had barely been used. I'd rather not disclose the cost. He gave me a good deal. :D

Phast SVX 09-27-2002 11:58 AM

just remember

VERY IMPORTANT..to not waste your time!since it is a new bra(if it is leather) you should let it sit out in the warm sun for an hour or so to get rid of some of the crease and stretch it out . as i found out wiht my first SVX that had that odd bra that you wanted (still sorry i was trading it in so soon otherwise it woulda been yours) I tried for 2 hours in the garage! No go, not even close! i sat down in the buring 90 degree heat cuz my dad was sick of me using the garage and started to rewax the front of the car. By the time i back to geting the bra it had stretched quite a bit.
The time we waste on our cars....
phil

Aredubjay 09-27-2002 12:04 PM

Re: just remember

Quote:

Originally posted by Phast SVX
VERY IMPORTANT..to not waste your time!since it is a new bra(if it is leather) you should let it sit out in the warm sun for an hour or so to get rid of some of the crease and stretch it out . as i found out wiht my first SVX that had that odd bra that you wanted (still sorry i was trading it in so soon otherwise it woulda been yours) I tried for 2 hours in the garage! No go, not even close! i sat down in the buring 90 degree heat cuz my dad was sick of me using the garage and started to rewax the front of the car. By the time i back to geting the bra it had stretched quite a bit.
The time we waste on our cars....
phil

Since the bra had been installed on a car before, it probably won't need the stretching. And, it ain't leather. It's vinyl. Now, to get the white vinyl logo cut to put in the embossed logo area, so it will look like the one you dogged me on. :D:D:D:D:D

SHISVX 09-27-2002 12:36 PM

is that the bra with the zebra skin pattern?

make sure you take it off to wash and after it rains!

Kelli:D

BluebyU 09-27-2002 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dick Young
I got mine from Liberty Subaru. $86 plus shipping. You have to mention that you found them on the net in order to get the cheaper price. Otherwise, they're like $107 or something like that. Their number is 201-261-7495. You pay actual shipping rates as opposed to 10 percent of the price of the part.

I_Alcyone_I 09-27-2002 01:59 PM

1stsubaruparts.com has a really good price on bras. Also check to make sure there aren't any tags on the underside of the bra. Mine had one that was written on with a blue marker, and I didn't find it until I took the bra off to wash the car. By that time the marker has leaked from the paper and stained my hood.