The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   WCSS10 Location and Date Set! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41816)

WCSS 11-11-2007 11:09 PM

WCSS10 Location and Date Set!

WCSS announces our 10th Anniversary show.
Place and Date have been set: Astoria, OR - Aug 15th - 17th .

Astoria is a town rich with history, capable of occupying you for several days. This would be a great opportunity to plan family vacation.

Astoria is close to the ocean, a trip to Cannon beach would be a great recommendation. There is a movie tour, touring all site of famous movies shot in the area. (I.E. Goonies)
The Astoria Column is just outside of town, and gives a great 360° view of the surrounding area and both major bridges entering the city.

Visit the website for additional information, including directions to the fairgrounds, nearby attractions, food, and amenities. Check us out at our website and myspace for future announcements.

www.westcoastsubarushow.com
www.myspace.com/westcoastsubarushow

WestCoastSVX 11-12-2007 03:29 PM

Great location!

I've gotta try to make this one!

ensteele 11-12-2007 05:46 PM

I like the location too. I will try to make it as well. Good road trip as well. :)

Hondasucks 11-12-2007 09:47 PM

So Earl, are you going to put paper into a hat to decide which SVX to bring? :lol: If I were you, I'd bring the low-mileage 93...

WestCoastSVX 11-13-2007 10:50 AM

But then it wouldn't be low-mileage any more! :lol:

The crowd that shows up at these Subaru events is over all very enthusiastic about the SVX and appreciate it. But fact remains almost everyone in the Subaru community falls into 2 categories: Heavily modded "old school" built for serious off-roading, or heavily modded Imprezzas (with a few modded Legacies and street-Foresters thrown in).

A modded SVX, especially with goodies like a 5/6 speed, etc, as long as it is in halfway decent condition will always attract more attention and have better awards chances at something like this than a pristine stock one with low miles, no matter how rare. At least in past experiences. Hey, I'm not complaining, I've won it before. :) As has Earl, with one of his highest mileage, but heaviest modded, SVXes. ;)

Lemke 11-14-2007 05:01 PM

This looks like fun. I may have to put it on the calandar for next year.

FUDDMAN 11-14-2007 07:49 PM

Wcss

With any luck, Earl may have his JDM on this side of the border by then.

ensteele 11-14-2007 08:29 PM

It will take some luck = that is for sure. :o

WestCoastSVX 11-15-2007 09:22 AM

Earl, do you go up to Canada and visit her from time to time? :)

Seems like it is taking FOREVER! I wanna see this car! Wonder if it took this long for Dayle to get his Soarer?

Turbone 11-18-2007 08:31 AM

I'll be there, havent missed but a couple.
I almost had 3 cars for this years event, but the person that was supposed to drive my 89 XT GL bailed out on me on the last second. But I still brought 2
It is true they prefer modded cars when it comes to judging. My 86 Hatchback is highly modified and it won best offroad this year.
I hope to see a bunch of you guys there next year. You can see part of my fleet :p My oldest boy turns 16 this Jan, hopefully he will have his act together enough to drive one of them to the Show :rolleyes:
Right now I plan on bringing my 89 RX, the 92 SVX and for sure my Hatch.
So, I need one more driver.

WCSS 07-12-2008 02:38 PM

Re: WCSS10 Location and Date Set!

Raffle Prize Give away

We are proud to announce that Kito Auto Sports is now on board as a sponsor of the show. They will be donating an Equal Length Header with Up-pipe for an 04 + STI to be raffled off near the end of the show in Saturday.

There will also be many other items included in the raffle, from posters and stickers to other vendor parts and products.

I look forward to seeing you all there, and good luck to all who enter the raffle.

Dan
West Coast Subaru Show Committee

ensteele 07-12-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 508897)
Earl, do you go up to Canada and visit her from time to time? :)

Seems like it is taking FOREVER! I wanna see this car! Wonder if it took this long for Dayle to get his Soarer?

Yes, it seems like visiting a long lost relitive. :)

WestCoastSVX 07-30-2008 01:53 PM

So whose gonna represent the SVX at the show this year? Looks to be the best show yet and a location worth driving to and camping out for the weekend. Wish I could go but can't. Everyone else go! :D

FUDDMAN 07-30-2008 03:15 PM

Both of our SVX's are entered.

Stilor 08-04-2008 03:13 PM

We are going, but we'll be driving our Outback due to lots of baby stuff we need to haul along... :)