The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   uh-oh relationship (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34384)

SVX PlayBoy 07-23-2006 11:43 PM

uh-oh relationship

Hey guys, but mostly girls,

I currently live in the chicago suburbs, and am moving down to Carbondale to attend Southern Illinois University. Thats all fine and dandy. however, I have a serious girlfriend and i am stumped as to what to do. Should i try a long distance(6 hours away) relationship, or just split up and be friends? this is killing me and i am seriously losing sleep over this. I dont think an 18 year old needs this much stress and drama. If any of you could help tht would be great. thnx

Speedklix 07-24-2006 12:00 AM

If it is serious have you asked her to move with you? How would you feel about that?

Landshark 07-24-2006 12:24 AM

tell her you'd like to stay together, but then go screw the skanks at school. that way, when the relationship with your GF inevitably fails, you weren't wasting your time.

SilverSpear 07-24-2006 01:55 AM

Ask for time to think this thing over. Do the thinking in your new University (I mean check the babez there) if there is no interesting offers :D , ask your GF to move in with you ;)

Electrophil 07-24-2006 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
tell her you'd like to stay together, but then go screw the skanks at school. that way, when the relationship with your GF inevitably fails, you weren't wasting your time.

I'm out of windex. I just cleaned this monitor, and now you made me spray all over it. :mad: I don't even think I have any paper towels left.

Heh.... And neither will SVX Playboy. snort!! :D

Mr. Pockets 07-24-2006 05:47 AM

My wife and I endured five years of long distance before getting married - which was six years ago.

That's not saying I recommend it for you. I don't know you or your girlfriend. It's not an easy thing for a couple to go through in the long term.

Suby Fan 07-24-2006 05:56 AM

dont bother they dont really work... i would break it off college is all about the experence.... i mean how many girls have you dated in your life... live up to your name man!

DanSVX94 07-24-2006 08:22 AM

I think your situation requires a little mathematical analysis.

Price per gallon x miles x drive time
_______________________________ = pcpt (pussy cost per trip)
number of times you get laid

or

3.50 x 325 x 6
_____________________ = $2,275
3 (fri, sat, sun morning)

As a married man, I say it's worth it!!! :D

oops, just realized this is the cost one way, just double up on the number of lays and it will come to same figure.

SubaSteevo 07-24-2006 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanSVX94

or

3.50 x 325 x 6

oops, just realized this is the cost one way, just double up on the number of lays and it will come to same figure.

But you also need to figure in the cost of depreciation and the increase in the number of repairs.

As a college student surviving on Ramen noodles, I say it isn't!!! ($2275 buys a hell of a lot of Ramen...)

Speedklix 07-24-2006 08:49 AM

does it really cost you over 2k to fill your tank :eek: didn't realize prices were that bad down there :p

DanSVX94 07-24-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedklix
does it really cost you over 2k to fill your tank :eek: didn't realize prices were that bad down there :p

No, that's the cost to empty my tank! And if you speak to any lawyer, they will tell you it's a bargain -- just ask Paul McCartney. :D

Note to SVX Playboy: Make sure if you drive all that way that your girl puts the S-E-X in S-V-X and lets you look under her hood and put your tools in her trunk.

noqu26 07-24-2006 10:26 AM

Wow I'm getting a hell of a bargain. After punching in my numbers for a round trip "pcpt" I got the whopping total of $130. Sweet...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanSVX94

or

3.50 x 325 x 6

yesmar 07-24-2006 12:54 PM

6 hours!! haha thats nothing! My girlfriend and I were going to be 3,000 miles apart, and were going to try to make it work, and then i got dumped before she left:(
If you think she's worth it then stay together, but if you think there's other fish out there for ya, then buddies it is.....girls just mess everything up!

Noir 07-24-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX PlayBoy
Hey guys, but mostly girls,

I currently live in the chicago suburbs, and am moving down to Carbondale to attend Southern Illinois University. Thats all fine and dandy. however, I have a serious girlfriend and i am stumped as to what to do. Should i try a long distance(6 hours away) relationship, or just split up and be friends? this is killing me and i am seriously losing sleep over this. I dont think an 18 year old needs this much stress and drama. If any of you could help tht would be great. thnx

if you find your simple situation stressful and you're losing sleep over it, i recommend you take eastern culture and religious studies, move to tibet, and take up basketweaving as a trade.

like you're really going to take advice from random people on a car forum in regards to a highschool effbuddy relationship. :p :rolleyes:

SVX PlayBoy 07-24-2006 01:12 PM

not that easy

I would love to her her move in, however im staying in a dorm on campus. She is already going to UIC in chicago. another incentive is that she is rediculously loaded. her BMW convertible was hard to drive in the snow, so her parents bought her the new mercedes c280 4matic. so if i stay with her, stage III ECUtune maybe???

But honestly its wont be that big of a hassle to go visit, i just dont have many off days b/c of my flight classes. and i dont have 2000 to spend everytime either;)