The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   There goes my baby (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45347)

wannarace928 06-30-2008 06:07 PM

There goes my baby

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...leaving002.jpg

She was picked up by Budfreak this afternoon to get a 4.44 transmission swap. :D:cool:

I miss her already. :( I can't wait until I can drive it faster than 45mph!
:D

subeman90 06-30-2008 07:09 PM

Re: There goes my baby

he needs to learn how to load a trailer better and he needs to get some proper hitch accessories if he is going to be hauling svxi and being safe at the same time. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hondasucks 06-30-2008 08:56 PM

Yeah, and buy the proper brand of truck :rolleyes:

YourConfused 07-01-2008 01:54 AM

Looks like he could use some helper springs too.

p.s. The Ridgeline is ugly.

HumpSVX 07-01-2008 06:16 AM

Phew, I thought this thread was about you losing one of your SVX permanently. :eek:

wannarace928 07-01-2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumpSVX (Post 554634)
Phew, I thought this thread was about you losing one of your SVX permanently. :eek:

lol, no, even if one gets wrecked, i'll fix it. :p

I do not see a problem with the way he loaded it or tied it down?:confused:
It was tied down extremely well and was definately not going anywhere.

RSVX 07-01-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannarace928 (Post 554661)
lol, no, even if one gets wrecked, i'll fix it. :p

I do not see a problem with the way he loaded it or tied it down?:confused:
It was tied down extremely well and was definately not going anywhere.

I am making a best guess here, but this is what common sense tells me on the trailer comments.

On that style of trailer the CG (center of gravity) should be over the wheels of the trailer, not forward of of the wheels. The current configuration would place a lot of weight/stress on the tongue/hitch.

I see it as similar to 4 wheeled boat trailers... the trailer holds the weight of the boat, the truck just pulls it around.

Wikedjuggalo 07-01-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 554662)
I am making a best guess here, but this is what common sense tells me on the trailer comments.

On that style of trailer the CG (center of gravity) should be over the wheels of the trailer, not forward of of the wheels. The current configuration would place a lot of weight/stress on the tongue/hitch.

I see it as similar to 4 wheeled boat trailers... the trailer holds the weight of the boat, the truck just pulls it around.

Your Right!
You want the weight over the wheels not up front putting stress on front end :P At work we have to load the bobcats so that the majority of the weight is on the wheels not up front :P Not to knock the loading but if it were me I'd have it more back over the wheels or load it backwards if possible . Just my 2 cents not to stir up anything

wannarace928 07-01-2008 09:27 AM

Better picture of the car on the trailer.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...leaving003.jpg

NapaBavarian 07-01-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subeman90 (Post 554582)
he needs to learn how to load a trailer better and he needs to get some proper hitch accessories if he is going to be hauling svxi and being safe at the same time. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

x2

But it'll drive straighter than a drunk cat :lol:

subeman90 07-01-2008 01:42 PM

just won't steer so well

bwb3 07-01-2008 02:38 PM

When I rented a UHaul trailer to bring the teal home, the car was definately forward of the tandem wheels with weight put on the hitch. The tower was an F250 diesel.
Gene

NapaBavarian 07-01-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3 (Post 554721)
When I rented a UHaul trailer to bring the teal home, the car was definately forward of the tandem wheels with weight put on the hitch. The tower was an F250 diesel.
Gene

Should be safer with a heavy duty truck, but once you have a poorly loaded trailer take over controll of your truck you will be a believer :lol: I had a 20,000# trailer wag my one ton chevy once because it was loaded improperly :barf: too much toung weight reduces steering and braking, to little and the trailer will wag the truck :eek:

wannarace928 07-02-2008 10:23 AM

Quoted from svxworldforums

Quote:

Originally Posted by budfreak
For those concerned with the trailer loading:

That was as far back as I could put the car and have the straps able to work. I had the rears cinched down to the hooks with where it was and no more strap to ratchet.

It's been loaded this way everytime we have towed whether with my truck or with the Hemi and my truck has no problems with it and actually pulls, rides, steers and stops quite nice.

For the sake of experimentation though, I think I will back the next one on and that should allow the straps to work and have pretty proper weight distribution. I do plan on some helper springs though to help level it as it does have 180K miles on it afterall and leaf springs do get weak.

Wikedjuggalo 07-02-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannarace928 (Post 554852)
Quoted from svxworldforums

:P I wasnt trying to stir the pot or anything :)