The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   fog lights and rear windsheild washer (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40482)

nightrider 08-27-2007 12:03 AM

fog lights and rear windsheild washer

how do you change the fog light bulbs, one of mine died now im basicaly blind at night

also the hose barb where the rear washer fluid goes through the window snapped off, can i change that whole assembly, rite now if i push the button i soak the people in the back seat, funny yes:D till i realized my interior got soaked too:eek:(the little plastic cover is missing, probly how it broke in the first place)

Sir. Nate 08-27-2007 03:33 AM

for the fog light bulbs, you unscrew the covers behind the lenses(the ones closest to the radiator) and then switch 'em out. as for the rear window washer, i'm having the same dilemma.

dcarrb 08-27-2007 05:48 AM

Actually, the headlight bulbs have a twist-fit collar, but the fog lamp bulbs are held by a spring clip. These are right beside the radiator, so you'll probably want to do the swap with a cold engine.

I'm pretty sure you can buy just the ring to which the rear washer fluid tube attaches.

dcb

ensteele 08-27-2007 06:27 PM

Yes, you can buy another ring for the hose to fasten to. It gets brittle after a while and breaks. Post in the Parts wanted section and somebody may have one. Good luck. :)

ridered777 08-27-2007 08:23 PM

I hope your fog's are plug and play like they're supposed to be. Word to the wise, unplug your neg. Bat. cable when changing them.

I just gone done doing mine and went from one not working to both not working :( . Not only are they a pain in the ass to get at, but when changing the one on the pass side (2nd one done), I got a spark upon connection. I then decided to unplug the neg cable and finished the job. Headlights still work, but no response from the fog's. Light on the dash still lights up. It's too late to start chasing wires, and its only fog lights... I just wanted to get 'em going because my HID's should be in soon.

immortal_suby 08-28-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridered777
I hope your fog's are plug and play like they're supposed to be. Word to the wise, unplug your neg. Bat. cable when changing them.

I just gone done doing mine and went from one not working to both not working :( . Not only are they a pain in the ass to get at, but when changing the one on the pass side (2nd one done), I got a spark upon connection. I then decided to unplug the neg cable and finished the job. Headlights still work, but no response from the fog's. Light on the dash still lights up. It's too late to start chasing wires, and its only fog lights... I just wanted to get 'em going because my HID's should be in soon.

I did the same thing recently.
Open them back up and look for the wire that you plug in to be pulled out some and possibly grounding against the housing - did you blow the fuse too? 4th from the front, top row. The light on the dash will still light up even if the fuse is blown.