The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Easy $20 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20575)

Amazonparrot 08-10-2004 03:07 PM

Easy $20

Hey Guys, its Andrew. I am at my ropes end, and I need my car fixed desperately, this whole torque converter thing has got to stop. Anyone can feel free to inquire, but basically, I will pay out $20 to the first person to succesfully fix my problem...that is, think of the thing that will fix it. The first person who posts a fix for my problem will be payed out via check, or paypal, or cash if you are local. Yes, I am just that desperate, and posting earlier proved fruitless, so now I'm hoping to appeal to svxer's sense of income. Thanks again, and good luck...post here to ask for specifics...I dont have time to post them right now.

-Andrew R.

Landshark 08-10-2004 03:19 PM

replace the entire transmission.

i will PM you my Paypal address. ;)

tancred 08-10-2004 04:07 PM

I do believe you got owned...

Pay the man...

freak customs 08-10-2004 04:10 PM

i'm not caught up on your tranny problems (nor am i with transmission knowledge), but if you give a brief description of your problem, we here at svx network may be able to give you an acceptable solution.

ensteele 08-10-2004 06:48 PM

"post here to ask for specifics...I dont have time to post them right now."

What exactly is wrong with it?

:rolleyes: :confused:

Subafreak 08-10-2004 07:42 PM

Yeah? I missed the earlier postings. What are you having for a problem? Are you still trying to get yuor tranny together?

Wiz 08-10-2004 07:55 PM

A search has revealed the earlier thread. http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=19527

Subafreak 08-10-2004 08:04 PM

Oh? I suppose line pressure would be a good place to start. Can you drive the car at all before it blows the seal? If so how does it shift and drive befor it does it?

I can't belive they havn't been able to figure it out for so long:confused:

Amazonparrot 08-10-2004 11:17 PM

Well the weird part is...it will run beautifully while on the lift, but once the whole tranny is under load, it blows the seal out after like 100ft of driving. Before that happens...it all shifts very nicely. The seal has been replaced twice, and failed twice...and we are looking for solutions before we replace it again. Tom (svxfiles) has been helping out on this project as of recently over the phone, and has been extremely helpful, and would know some of the more intimate details, but if you ask any direct questions...i will check in somewhat frequently, and try to answer them.

Amazonparrot 08-15-2004 09:33 AM

I find it funny how I can never get any help even when i offer MONEY! One would think that with such a huge community, there would be a sense of helping out a broken svx in need for now 7 months. ANY help is appreciated, because i wasnt joking...I will send the person who solves the problem $20.

Thanks

Mr. Pockets 08-15-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Amazonparrot
I find it funny how I can never get any help even when i offer MONEY! One would think that with such a huge community, there would be a sense of helping out a broken svx in need for now 7 months.
I understand that you're frustrated with your problem. You've been without your SVX for a long time, and I can totally appreciate how aggravated you are over it.

But that's no reason to take it out on us. Nobobdy's holding back, man. It's not an issue of compensation - I just think this is a problem none of us has seen before.

And, honestly, you're not providing enough information. I understand that your torque converter was replaced (or rebuilt), but you've never told us which seal is repeatedly being compromised.

Again, I can understand your frustration, but I find your words a little insulting. I've posted plenty of questions I've never gotten a reply to. I didn't immediately spout off about how worthless this community was - I just figured nobody had broken a parking mechanism like I had or whatever my problem was at the time.

I wish you the best of luck solving your problem. Let us know how it turns out.

n00b on demand 08-15-2004 05:09 PM

He never said the community was worthless he was just frustrated at the fact that there are so many people here with valuable info that are too lazy to share. Ive never had this problem before but ive seen others with it. I would reply but im just starting to learn about this wonderful car :D

oab_au 08-15-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
He never said the community was worthless he was just frustrated at the fact that there are so many people here with valuable info that are too lazy to share. Ive never had this problem before but ive seen others with it. I would reply but im just starting to learn about this wonderful car :D
TOO LAZY TO SHARE,:mad: :mad:

I'll help anybody that deserves to be helped. But were not bloody mind readers.

Which of the 18 seals in the box is blowing?
How do you know it is blown?
What happens when it blows, oil comes from where?
What was done to the transmission?
What was the problem in the first place?

If he is too lazy or busy to tell us , then you get no results.

Harvey. :mad:

Landshark 08-15-2004 06:07 PM

since no specifics were given (other than it was a torque converter problem), i offered the best solution with the amount of info given: replace the entire transmission.

i tried to help. :confused:

"i have trouble with my engine. help me out." hey, guess what? some people have lives aside from diagnosing car problems over the internet. if you're too lazy to even type out some of the symptoms of your trouble, what do you expect people to do? play 20 questions? i don't think so.

Mr. Pockets 08-16-2004 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
...he was just frustrated at the fact that there are so many people here with valuable info that are too lazy to share.
You're kidding, right?