The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What did you do today? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43413)

YourConfused 02-23-2008 06:24 PM

What did you do today?

2 Attachment(s)
I drove my car for a bit since the weather was so nice.
Checked my trans code, played w/ the stereo, put the other hid light in and then I decided to just fix a spot on my front bumper.
Well look what happened, I got carried away.

ensteele 02-23-2008 07:24 PM

It looks worse than when you started. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SVXRide 02-23-2008 07:39 PM

put your hands behind your head and back away from the sander...:lol::lol:
-Bill

TomsSVX 02-23-2008 08:14 PM

What did I do today??

1. 9AM-set up 4.44 rear for LSD
2. 12PM-4.44 swap in Peej
3. 4:30PMDrive out to Philly to pick up a driveshaft
4. 6:30PM-Ride back to Jersey
5. 9:30PM-Prep the trailer
6. 11PM-Drive down to Myxaplyx's house to pick up his 96(eric drove it back to the shop)
7. 3AM-Drove another 2hrs south to SVXRide's house.
8. 5AM-driving 3.5hrs back to the shop.
9. 9AM-Press new driveshaft U-joints in the driveshaft I picked up earlier
10. 10AM-Installed Shotgunslade's Tomyx intake and HKS CAI
11. 2:30PM-Drove home for an hour nap
12. 4:30-Drove down to the hospital to visit the old timer after knee surgery
13. 7:30-Drove back to the shop to prep trailers and vehicles for our trip tonight.

Tonight... Drive up to Western Mass. to pick up 4 more svxi if possible maybe just 3 and drive straight back.... sleep is for the weak...wait... the day ends when you go to sleep right?:o

Tom

BTW... keep up the good work on the bumper, although sometimes it is worth it just to buy new OE ones since there are only a limited amount left anyway

YourConfused 02-23-2008 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
theinternetisseriousbusiness

Thanks tom, I just clicked on that link on the other site.

Don't you ever sleep?

This is the before pic of the bumper. I can't afford a new one, so I just figured I would try and make this one a little better.

TomsSVX 02-23-2008 08:39 PM

not too bad. Probably made the right decisions by fixing the current one you have. Just make sure prep and paint are done by not only with REALLY good paint but also by a painter who takes pride in their work... AKA not Maaco

tom

YourConfused 02-23-2008 08:44 PM

I was going to have it done by rustoleum. Ever hear of them?:lol:

Front and rear bumpers are trashed imo and a paint place I went agreed. I figured I could smooth them w/ the da and use the line sander to finish it off. A light cheap rattle can job should last until this summer when I can get the real deal of a paint job done. I need a pass front fender too as mine is wiggly it is so rusty.

SVXRide 02-23-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 530290)
What did I do today??

1. 9AM-set up 4.44 rear for LSD
2. 12PM-4.44 swap in Peej
3. 4:30PMDrive out to Philly to pick up a driveshaft
4. 6:30PM-Ride back to Jersey
5. 9:30PM-Prep the trailer
6. 11PM-Drive down to Myxaplyx's house to pick up his 96(eric drove it back to the shop)
7. 3AM-Drove another 2hrs south to SVXRide's house.
8. 5AM-driving 3.5hrs back to the shop.
9. 9AM-Press new driveshaft U-joints in the driveshaft I picked up earlier
10. 10AM-Installed Shotgunslade's Tomyx intake and HKS CAI
11. 2:30PM-Drove home for an hour nap
12. 4:30-Drove down to the hospital to visit the old timer after knee surgery
13. 7:30-Drove back to the shop to prep trailers and vehicles for our trip tonight.

Tonight... Drive up to Western Mass. to pick up 4 more svxi if possible maybe just 3 and drive straight back.... sleep is for the weak...wait... the day ends when you go to sleep right?:o

Tom

BTW... keep up the good work on the bumper, although sometimes it is worth it just to buy new OE ones since there are only a limited amount left anyway

YT,
Don't forget the wheel straps for the trailer:eek::lol:
-Bill (still wondering what YT's definition of "I didn't drive it hard on the way to the shop" is:rolleyes:)

SVXRide 02-23-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YourConfused (Post 530298)
I was going to have it done by rustoleum. Ever hear of them?:lol:

Front and rear bumpers are trashed imo and a paint place I went agreed. I figured I could smooth them w/ the da and use the line sander to finish it off. A light cheap rattle can job should last until this summer when I can get the real deal of a paint job done. I need a pass front fender too as mine is wiggly it is so rusty.

How does a fender get rusty in TX?:lol:
-Bill

Nevin 02-23-2008 10:52 PM

Today I didn't do much of anything at all. It was my first saturday off in a little over a month, so I slept in 'til about 10, then woke up and did some reading on here and at mx6.com and probetalk.

Then in the afternoon, I went outside and starting tinkering with my next project. I sold an '89 mx6 to a buddy last summer, and he decided to break contract and not pay, so I decided to keep up my end of the contract and reposess (sp) the car.

It had fouled the plugs badly because of a HORRIBLE leak after the turbo, so I put some new ones in, wired in an MSD Blaster 3 coil, and drove the car to the shop and welded up the leak after the turbo. Also, he cut the bottom half of the bumper off cause the intercooler needed "more air." I couldn't help but laugh at that, and even now he realizes that it was a VERY stupid idea.

I just can't believe how much a person could neglect a car. Espescially a person that likes working on cars and likes to go fast. It just made me so mad every time I thought about how much a piece of crap he turned the car into, so I finally went out and did something about it today since it finally warmed up.

Here's a shot of the car.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ctures0032.jpg

Anyways, I'm glad to have it back as it will give me something to keep me busy with on cold nights. Just kinda mad though that I even have to get it back in the first place. But I guess I still came out the winner since he'd already paid me $1500 and I still get to keep the car. So, I guess I don't have too much to gripe about.

YourConfused 02-23-2008 10:58 PM

I bought the car from some lying asshat in Chicago.
The trans was new, body perfect, stereo worked, exhaust was leak free, struts replaced, ran great, no problems anywhere and everything worked as new. Yeah whatever. I jot screwed and couldn't afford the legal fees to...

So the car is rusty. Mainly just the one fender. I am still trying to get it road worthy by fixing all the problems that the car didn't have. Dents, bondo and rust are what I didn't want to deal with. Electrical or mechanical I am willing to fix. I just hate body work.

It was kind of fun sanding the paint and plastic today though.

How much of the car do you think a gallon of paint will cover? That should give a couple of coats I think. (maybe this should be a question for a different post)
I still have a gallon of read and a gallon of black that I bought for my 240 sitting in my garage. It's just the standard gloss black, but I may just shoot it myself if I can muster up the ambition.
It kind of sucks knowing that you are capable of doing great body work and have everything needed to do it, but have absolutely no desire to do it. I just want the money to pay someone else to do it for me.

YourConfused 02-23-2008 11:01 PM

nevin

Is that a svx? :lol:

you know, how people think the svx is a probe and all.

Nevin 02-23-2008 11:05 PM

Come on, it wouldn't take you that long to do! You could knock that out in an afternoon easy! I'm no painter at all, but I would still try it. Even if just to make you want to do it after seeing my crappy work!

And yeah, people even on probetalk have commented that the SVX reminds them of a "grown up" probe. It really does, if you kinda think about it.

People confuse all of my cars though. I have a black mx6, black probe, and black SVX. THey all have gunmetal summertime rims, and they are all DEAD SEXY. So, its easy to see why the confusion. :) hahah

Manarius 02-23-2008 11:57 PM

I washed my car today (well, as much as I could for it being 30ish degrees outside). I had to get all the salt and grime off from the past ice/snow stuff.

YourConfused 02-24-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 530323)
I washed my car today (well, as much as I could for it being 30ish degrees outside). I had to get all the salt and grime off from the past ice/snow stuff.

You threw ice cubes at your car?:lol:
It was sunny and 70 here today. That's winter in Texas.