The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Mouse nest under Intake (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40620)

Conn SVX 09-06-2007 03:49 PM

Mouse nest under Intake

I just spent 20 min with a screw pick up thinggy and a wet dry vack sucking out 2 lbs of RAT/ Mouse nest. thank GOD no bodies. It was all scorched. Could have burned up the car. :mad:

Ricochet 09-06-2007 03:54 PM

............lol

wannarace928 09-06-2007 03:57 PM

I had a subaru justy at one point, I loved the car it was a nice one, prior owner was an old woman and I think it had something like 70k miles on it, but a mouse had infested the heater vents, we pulled out a ton of stuff the mouse had collected for the nest, sadly the mouse also peed in the nest so it smelled REALLY bad, so bad infact even after I got the nest out, the car still smelled... I ended up having to get rid of it because no amount of fabreeze or air fresheners could get rid of the smell. :eek::eek::eek:

Conn SVX 09-06-2007 07:27 PM

I put that in a warning. Check under the Intake just behind the Alternator. I had a friend with a brand new Forster have it go up in flames because of it. Mine was all scorched it could have ruined my WHOLE day.

JaySVX 09-06-2007 07:46 PM

Guy i work with had a squirl nest under the hood of his truck, with 2 live baby squirls. They weren't cooked, as it was a large engine bay and a good distance from the engine in the back right corner. Was interesting to see, i'll see if i can find pics.

themoneypit 09-06-2007 08:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
your lucky you found NO bodies... ive got an old hatch with a plow on it (ill include a pic) the other day i went to move it and could smell that smell inside.. i almost puked :confused: :barf: i thought for sure they were prob in the vents. i opened all the windows and the hatch trying to air it out. i turned on the heater and to my surprise (and relief) they werent in there. i looked all over for the culprit and couldnt find it. so i left it all opened up in the garage and when i was walking by it last nite i caught a wiff again. i stuck my head in the hatch and was smelling around. when i got near the right rear speaker i KNEW id found the nest..

after almost puking my brains out, i convinced my buddy to put on some rubber gloves and clean it out. among the ton of insulation stored was a dead baby mouse and a rotting full size... he cleaned it out good, looks like im treating this weekend at the bar :) well worth it thou, as i dont have a stomach for that.
GOD I HATE MICE :barf:

Sir. Nate 09-06-2007 10:02 PM

I had a rabbit nest under the hood of my '81 wagon, I actually had to chase it out one day. It chewed up some of the wires pretty good.