The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Subaru is looking for you!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30040)

-JJ- 12-03-2005 11:24 PM

Subaru is looking for you!!

I have been told that subaru are doing a history in australia and that they are trying to find A red SVX (there is only one aparently in aust!), i belive it is to recieve a free rebuild...... will get more information and post later tonight!

shelfy 12-04-2005 12:50 AM

be afraid.

McTaff 12-04-2005 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy
be afraid.

Heh - there are a couple. I nearly bought one.

The other one I know is owned by a fellow that lives quite near me.

I can tell them who it is :)

ensteele 12-04-2005 04:37 AM

Big Brother Subaru is watching!!!!! :)

Alycone 12-04-2005 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by -JJ-
I have been told that subaru are doing a history in australia and that they are trying to find A red SVX (there is only one aparently in aust!), i belive it is to recieve a free rebuild...... will get more information and post later tonight!
Just send your name, address, phone number and credit card number (for verification purposes only) to Suberu of Australia at the following PO box....

Or drop off your SVX at their back alley shop....:rolleyes:

This sounds like an especially unlucrative email scam. :p

-JJ- 12-04-2005 07:15 AM

The Daily Telegraph, 03-12-2005, Ed: k - CarsGuide, Pg: 003, 710 words , FEATURES

If you are the owner of a bright red 1992 Subaru SVX Series II then Subaru Australia would like a word in your ear. Subaru has been quietly putting together a collection of ``significant'' models and the SVX is one glaring gap in the line-up.

Quite a link:
http://www.newstext.com.au/pages/s.a...eFrom=&DateTo=

If anyone is subscribed can they post up the full artical?

oab_au 12-04-2005 02:07 PM

In the Sunday Telegraph.

Subaru's manic museum pieces.

They did an artical on the collection of Australian WRXs that Subaru has in their Museum here. Some that were for Australia only. I wondered that they did not include the SVX. :(
Australia was the testing ground for the WRX since its first model, in 94. Interesting to see what happens.

Harvey. ;)

JDW-SVX 12-04-2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JJ-
bright red 1992 Subaru SVX Series II

Something is wrong here - the SVX was not available in bright red in 1992 - and the "series II" version didn't appear until 1994!

:confused: :confused:

Jason.

-JJ- 12-04-2005 04:20 PM

Journalists never get the story 100% right

Anyway is there anyone with a red SVX in Aust on these forums that could Find anything out????

oab_au 12-04-2005 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JJ-
Journalists never get the story 100% right

Anyway is there anyone with a red SVX in Aust on these forums that could Find anything out????

Found it Jason, but can't post an image here, so I put it on the General Forum.
Harvey. ;)

Dessertrunner 12-05-2005 01:36 AM

Just read the artical in the paper and it is confusing because they talk about the red SVX then further talk about the 1992 RS Liberty. I think that is why the issue has come about, its two cars. One of my friends owns a red svx but I think it was 1995 but I will ask him tomorrow.
Tony

oab_au 12-05-2005 04:06 PM

Collecting for the Subaru Museum.

Hi Tony,It would appear that Subaru Aust. is adding to its Museum of cars. There was an article in the Sunday Telle on the WRXs that they have in the Museum. They had them out at Wakefield Park raceway for a run, may have been for a photo shoot for an add, I think, as Subaru Aust has just said that they are pulling out of rallying in Aust.

It looks like they are looking for mainly, the red one, along with the two yellow ones that came in the first inport of them. They are also looking for a good 92 RS Turbo to add to the collection.

This is what James found out about the yellow pair.

>...Just had a call from my brother...he just saw a yellow SVX with rego ANS-54S (NSW plates, black over white) in Parramatta

Legend has it that there were two yellow ones....one was for sale in VIC and was bought by Chris (Woy Woy) and the other was for sale in Penrith Subaru (who sold it to a couple from Melbourne) - rumour had it that one was crashed and written off but

this 3rd one is a new one!!!<,,,

We could not be sure about the third one, it may have been a respray.

Harvey. ;)

-JJ- 12-05-2005 06:09 PM

I know that the Owner of The Crown Hotel in Camden owned a Red one, last i heard of that was that about 12 months ago it was sold :(

pylon500 12-05-2005 10:01 PM

Hey, if they want a rebuild challange, they could rebuild mine (and paint it RED too if they want!) ;)
Only got 377,900 klms on the clock. :eek:
but if they want to keep it for their museum....., I guess I'd swap it for an H-6 Outback (don't think I could go back to a four cylinder) :cool:
Arthur

Yeah I'm still here, but busy building planes and chatting on ultralight forums. :D

OZ_SVX96 12-06-2005 04:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So what will I do with my red series 2, low km, '95 (sold 96) model now? Everyone has forgotten about me, including James! Sorry I haven't been around the site for a while. :eek: