The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   My Intercontinental Ballistic Plum is gone! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28681)

svxistentialist 09-29-2005 12:50 PM

My Intercontinental Ballistic Plum is gone!

Bad news, I have sold my long time companion Plum. :( Guy bought her from me a few days ago, very sorry to see her leave.

On the plus side she is going to a good home. Bill is the lad's name and he is a petrol head like the rest of us. He has had Camaros and Trans AMs and such, so is used to caring for rare cars.

Also a bonus, we will have another new member. I'll have to get him interested in the Wales meeting, eh Brett??

:D

Joe

wawazat?? 09-29-2005 02:17 PM

Sorry to see her go Joe. I enjoyed my drive in her from the "wrong" side of the car greatly :D

Todd

svxistentialist 09-29-2005 06:40 PM

Thanks Todd.

Yes, I enjoyed driving her right side, wrong side, whatever, it was a feel-good motor.

Now, Black Betty is different, is a project. I hope you will be back over. When she is stroked and supercharged, I hope and expect she will be making about 350hp. If you are in Ireland, take the wheel.

:D

ensteele 09-29-2005 07:03 PM

Gosh, I didn't know you were thinking of selling her! Sorry to hear that she is gone, but maybe Black Betty will keep you occupied. ;)

b3lha 09-30-2005 02:37 AM

We know exactly how you feel Joe. Recently sold our beloved Justy which was Belha's first car and we kept for 9 years. :(

Time to concentrate your efforts on Black Betty. How is she coming along?

svxistentialist 09-30-2005 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Gosh, I didn't know you were thinking of selling her! Sorry to hear that she is gone, but maybe Black Betty will keep you occupied. ;)

Thanks Earl.

In a way I am glad she is gone to a good home. It means that I am now focused on getting Black Betty on the road. I have a gearbox problem to fix there [control valves in the sump I think] I also have a very noisy rear bearing. Last, there are a couple of minor dings to repair from the previous owner. After that I will have a very swish batmobile for an everyday car.

I'm selling the two Legacy Twin Turbos. They are very practical, so I know I will regret it in a way, but I've too many cars about the house. :rolleyes:

:)

svxistentialist 09-30-2005 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha
We know exactly how you feel Joe. Recently sold our beloved Justy which was Belha's first car and we kept for 9 years. :(

Time to concentrate your efforts on Black Betty. How is she coming along?

Phil,

See my reply to Earl. She is coming good. I have replaced and repaired many small things that needed fixing. And big things of course. The new engine is in and feels very strong. When I have the gearbox repaired, I have to bring the vehicle for assessment of VRT. This is a Shylock tax our government skims off every car brought into the country. I am holding back on doing the bodywork and cosmetic things until the car is assessed. It would be unwise of me to present the car in a pristine state. They would assess it on its good condition, and not allow me all the money I have spent in bringing it from a breaker condition to current roadworthy status.

Sorry to hear about the Justy, I know the feeling.

Hey, when I get rid of the estates, I am thinking a small black Skyline R32 GTR would be a good thing to adjust my Life-Work balance.... :D ;) And would not clutter up the house too much.

I may have to use my "Ann, I was thinking of buying a Nissan Skyline or a motorbike, what do you think??" routine again.... :rolleyes: :)

Joe

wawazat?? 10-02-2005 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist
I may have to use my "Ann, I was thinking of buying a Nissan Skyline or a motorbike, what do you think??" routine again.... :rolleyes: :)

Joe

:D Priceless arguement Joe! I don't however think it would work on Wendy however.

Todd

svxistentialist 10-03-2005 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat??
:D Priceless arguement Joe! I don't however think it would work on Wendy however.

Todd

Hey, I dunno, Todd. If she has not seen this forum, who knows?........ :rolleyes:

Besides, with all the shiny [and crumpled!] metal that has been around your place, I don't think you have a lot of trouble persuading Wendy anyway.

Or maybe it's just as she is in the law business, she is more amenable to male logic!!

:D :)

Ron Mummert 10-03-2005 07:08 PM

Congrats on joining the "ebony rules" crowd.

Ron.

svxistentialist 10-04-2005 08:34 AM

ebony rules

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Mummert
Congrats on joining the "ebony rules" crowd.

Ron.

Why thank you, Ronald. ;)

Hey, Ron, no doubt I will be shakin my booty, but I might hold back on the 20" chrome bling rims.

Though maybe not. SVXs are a little understated. Maybe a little pimping up would do no harm at all :)

Is my memory playing tricks, or did you not have your car painted whiter than white?

Or at least, whiter than pearl? :rolleyes: :D

Joe :)

Ron Mummert 10-04-2005 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Why thank you, Ronald. ;)

Is my memory playing tricks, or did you not have your car painted whiter than white?

Or at least, whiter than pearl? :rolleyes: :D

Joe :)

No, Joseph, I repainted my original ebony mica with more coats of ebony mica.
It's still the dirt magnet it always was.

Ron (still flauntin' my bling).

svxistentialist 10-05-2005 03:50 AM

Joseph

You're beginning to sound like my Mother. :p

I've always liked black cars Ron. I had a black Renault 5 GT Turbo for a few years. It was nearly quick enough to dodge the dust motes, but you are right, a dirt magnet for sure.

It's probably the case that ALL cars, all colours, get the same amount of dirt. It just happens to be more noticable on black cars or white cars.

The best car I had for hiding dirt was a sand metallic Renault 21. You could drive it for months without washing, and it did not get any dirtier looking Probably because the colour of the car was the colour of the dirt, was the colour of sand, you catch my [sand]drift. :)

I've grown fonder of white cars since getting into SVXs. But a car with good shape and with curves and bulges like the SVX is always going to look good in black. The chap who bought my Claret and Black car wanted to buy Black Betty, he likes black too.

Yep, ebony rules.

:)