The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Well, I said I'd do it, and I did...kinda (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13813)

Darksied-X 10-16-2003 05:18 PM

Well, I said I'd do it, and I did...kinda

Well, I said that sometime soon I'd have an L.L.Bean Outback, and complete my H6 collection. Well, I've come close. We just got home in our new '01 Outback VDC. It's Birch White (I think that's the name of the color), 39K miles, and we paid $19500 with our POS '96 Oldslomobile as a trade-in. I haven't driven it much, but my overall impressions are quite good. The only thing I don't like about the car so far is the color (I'd rather have had Black or Regatta Red), and I dislike the way it shifts even more than the SVX. Other than that, I love it! I'll post some pics of it tomorrow.:D

Landshark 10-16-2003 11:39 PM

cool! the collection is now complete! :D

LarryIII 10-17-2003 04:28 AM

Welcome to the 'SVX Outbacking' Club. This is a little known offshoot of the SVX Network, not to be confused with 'Just SVXers' or 'SVX Brats'.

Darksied-X 10-22-2003 04:26 PM

Update

Well, we've had the VDC for a week now, so I thought I'd give a little update. All-in-all, I love the car, there is just a few problems I have with it.

1. The little things wrong with it. Needs a new headlight assembly, and a new rubber boot for the wiring harness that goes into the rear gate, as water runs in through the child seat LATCH hook when you open the gate. Also, the interior rear gate trim panel was loose, so they screwed it back on. That one really pissed me off, and I let them know it. They are working on the first two, and said they would take care of the last, too.:rolleyes:

2. The brakes. They suck just like the SVX's. Only a week and the front wheels are already black. That means two sets of carbon fiber pads next year.:mad:

3. The tranny. It sucks worse than the SVX's. It shifts great and all, nice and smooth, but I discovered why I hate it a couple of nights ago. My first time alone in it, and some punk in an RSX tried to race me. Off the line it was good, I keep right up with him. But it shifted way too soon, and wouldn't downshift to get that power I know it had, even with it matted. Oh well, I guess it's kinda good that it isn't too racey, it is my wife's afterall.;)

4. And finally, the thing that pisses me off the most: Why does my wife get that sweet-@$$ j-gate shifter? She doesn't care about stuff like that! I WANT IT IN MY SVX!:D

Subafreak 10-22-2003 05:20 PM

Personally I hate that shifter. I mean it's an automatic for christ sake ,just make it shift up and down!

Actually I hate all auto shifters, and manual colume shifters:rolleyes:

Darksied-X 10-22-2003 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
Personally I hate that shifter. I mean it's an automatic for christ sake ,just make it shift up and down!

Actually I hate all auto shifters, and manual colume shifters:rolleyes:

While I don't hate autos, I certainly prefer sticks. If I had the cash and the trust in any local mechanics, I'd do a 5spd swap in a heartbeat on the SVX. But playing with the j-gate is about the closest I'm gonna get. Thats why I like it.:D