The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Political Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Let the impeachment rumblings begin. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36813)

Electrophil 01-04-2007 07:37 PM

Let the impeachment rumblings begin.

So... heh..
The democrats walk in, and it's time for the White House shuffle to commence.

A person who would know quite a bit on the happenings in Iraq is being nominated for the United Nations Ambassador.
From Ambassador of a small insignificant country all the way to the United Nations. OK.

Then lets move the intelligence chief to Condi's office and get in a fresh replacement after only a year on the job. OK.

Then... what's that? Is that the White House Counsel saying "See ya! I quit."

If I was White House chief legal counsel, I couldn't think of a better time to throw in the hat.

I am just soooooo going to enjoy this. These moves are so obvious. Where's the popcorn? Going to be an interesting year.

http://www.krqe.com/expanded.asp?ID=19061

Electrophil 01-05-2007 07:02 AM

But wait! There's more.

Time to replace the top generals out there, including the replacement of head of Central command with an "Admiral". Only one reason to put an Admiral in that position.

Yep... NOW... you worry about Iran. Called us unpatriotic when we were screaming this 4 years ago. Told us to "support our President during times of crisis." Well, some of us were more concerned with supporting our country against these.......

Idiots.

Payback time in all areas. What sucks is the ones of us fighting all of this are going to have to share in the Payback.

Manarius 01-05-2007 08:26 AM

Ugh. I hope the Democrats can help straighten some of this mess out in the next two years. This president has been one of the worst presidents EVER.

Electrophil 01-05-2007 08:36 AM

It's definately not going to be easy. How do we fix the debt without raising taxes, which none of us want? How do we get out of Iraq without the Iranians annexing the place?

It's a mess that's going to take a decade at the very least.

lhopp77 01-05-2007 10:08 AM

Probably Correct

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
I am just soooooo going to enjoy this. These moves are so obvious. Where's the popcorn? Going to be an interesting year.

http://www.krqe.com/expanded.asp?ID=19061

I suspect you may be correct, but not in the ways you are you hope.

Strange that you are linking Albuquerque, New Mexico news. Do you get that channel in your neck of the woods---or---maybe------------;)

Lee

Electrophil 01-05-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhopp77
I suspect you may be correct, but not in the ways you are you hope.

Strange that you are linking Albuquerque, New Mexico news. Do you get that channel in your neck of the woods---or---maybe------------;)

Lee

Lee! Wassup? Long time no hear.

My homepage is Google, and it just kind of randomly throws up headlines according to my history. I hate the ones that want you to "sign up for free!!" to read the article.

Electrophil 01-08-2007 01:04 PM

Wow... It's amazing. As soon as the Democrats took over, there is no one complaining about the government.

Coincidence? I think not.

RSVX 01-08-2007 01:43 PM

So, since there is no complaining... it must mean that Bush is doing a great job...

Alcyone Lunacy 01-08-2007 03:52 PM

Or we are all afraid to say what wwe really think of Bush for fear of the FEDs knocking on your door to arrest you for using your 1st amendment rights.

Electrophil 01-09-2007 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcyone Lunacy
Or we are all afraid to say what wwe really think of Bush for fear of the FEDs knocking on your door to arrest you for using your 1st amendment rights.

I really don't think we are going to have that problem anymore. I think he's starting to worry about the FED's showing up at "his" door. :D

Electrophil 01-09-2007 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX
So, since there is no complaining... it must mean that Bush is doing a great job...

NOT!! :eek:

Electrophil 01-10-2007 10:48 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/10/thi...rss_topstories

Manarius 01-11-2007 07:24 AM

I love how Joe Biden said that congress has no right to tell the president how to make war. Hello Joe, get out your constitution! Congress controls the money so Congress can make the president their personal lapdog if they so choose. And there's no amount of executive agreements that will ever change the fact that Congress holds the key to the proverbial piggybank.

Electrophil 01-11-2007 06:27 PM

Joe Biden wants to split Iraq into 3 parts with a central government reigning. Last time I looked, it already was.

But I guess what's important is the guy is at least trying, and every single one of those Democrats have their own idea on what to do next. The fights are going to be a lot of fun. Plus, we might end up with a reasonable compromise that makes sense, instead of the continuous "hail to the chief!" yes boy crap we've seen over the last 5 or 6 years.

Once things get moving up there, I really think we are in for a couple of interesting years.:D The fights are going to be real popcorn treats. :)

Bush is now a stick figure. He's going to count very little, and hopefully the Congress will at least Censure him and Cheney. I'm still hoping for a couple of Prison sentences.

lhopp77 01-13-2007 08:52 AM

Really?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
Bush is now a stick figure. He's going to count very little, and hopefully the Congress will at least Censure him and Cheney. I'm still hoping for a couple of Prison sentences.

Really? I kind of think that Veto power is a pretty big stick.

Actions against Bush and Cheney--I doubt it---people in glass houses.....etc.... To many skeletons in the Demo party members closets to rock to many boats. (Or all Congressional members for that matter) :)

Lee