The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT - Educated Washingtonians. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9277)

Aredubjay 03-12-2003 01:51 PM

OT - Educated Washingtonians.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I was looking for a new voicemodem for my home computer and found the lowest price at CompuVest in Renton, Washington. Here's their website. Note the third button at the top of their page.

http://www.compuvest.tv/web/#

Oh, and don't even click on the "evaluate our site" link, if you're into proper English. I was going to tell them about their error, but, when I clicked on the "evaluate our site" link, I was laughing so hard, I couldn't compose a note. :D:D:D

SHISVX 03-12-2003 02:06 PM

now randy when did you become tight wit your country grammar...?

Kelli:D

Aredubjay 03-12-2003 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
now randy when did you become tight wit your country grammar...?

Kelli:D

When she was in da kitchen, bakin' cookies. :D:D:D

ensteele 03-12-2003 02:41 PM

Yes Randy - We is Edicated out here in da West! :D

WestCoastSVX 03-12-2003 03:13 PM

Ahhh Renton..... Where all the smaller Boeing jet airliners flying today were/are assembled. :eek:

ensteele 03-12-2003 03:31 PM

The last one leaving Renton, please turn off the lights! :rolleyes:

WestCoastSVX 03-12-2003 03:36 PM

Actually, I shouldn't be so hard on Renton. I just remembered I bought my SVX there at Renton Subaru. :p

So if it weren't for Renton, I may have never gotten this wonderful car, and in turn never have gotten into this wonderful family. :)

Betcha all really wish Renton didn't exist now! :D

ensteele 03-12-2003 03:47 PM

:rolleyes: ;)

Uncamitzi 03-12-2003 03:51 PM

Renton....

Is the place that the comics make fun of when they do a show in Seattle....;) :p

WestCoastSVX 03-12-2003 03:58 PM

Re: Renton....

Quote:

Originally posted by Uncamitzi
Is the place that the comics make fun of when they do a show in Seattle....;) :p
Yup, that just about sums it up. :)

SVXphile 03-12-2003 07:30 PM

I rally don't see tha problum.
Forest Gump

Noir 03-12-2003 11:53 PM

rjw...that was pretty funny. poor saps, maybe you should get a discount for helping them correct the problem.

Aredubjay 03-13-2003 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
rjw...that was pretty funny. poor saps, maybe you should get a discount for helping them correct the problem.
I'm not usually so critical, but, when you misspell "Education" . . .

I mean, I'm from rural Kentucky, so, I've heard the begeezuz butchered out of the English language, and so eloquently done. :D

Oh, here's one for you. The city of Owensboro built a brand, spankin' new Court House facility a few years ago. It sat for several months with its shiney new polished brass letters, proudly proclaiming: JUDICAL CENTER. It took a local college professor to notice, and call to inform them of their mistake.

Well, at least it wasn't a misspelling at the Community College. :D:D:D

Noir 03-13-2003 02:33 PM

re: that's a classic

that's great. kentucky, one place that i definitely will not raise my children in. hmm... so kentucky and washington.....so why is georgia on so low on the edication/leteracy scayle in the UAS? i mean it's like the 48th state or something. guess kentucky and washington rank 49 and 50 lol.....maybe kentucky is the 51st lowest in the nation :O

SVXphile 03-13-2003 03:05 PM

We're Number.....eh.....50?

<that's great. kentucky, one place that i definitely will not raise my children in. hmm... so kentucky and washington.....so why is georgia on so low on the edication/leteracy scayle in the UAS? i mean it's like the 48th state or something. guess kentucky and washington rank 49 and 50 lol.....maybe kentucky is the 51st lowest in the nation :O>

We have a saying here in West Virginia, and I'm sure some other states share this feeling when it comes to dubious rankings....

"Thank God for Mississippi!" :rolleyes:

:D Don

PS Kentucky would be a fine place to raise your kids.

Or your racehorses.