The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stream of Consciousness (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53474)

elemgee 03-16-2010 05:30 PM

Stream of Consciousness

Saw my 1st SVX at the INternational Auto Show in Baltimore in 1991 and was completely blown away. Thought it was the best looking car I had ever seen. Waited a few years and bought a low mileage 92m teal with the grey leather interior. I loved that car, but was in an accident when it had around 110K miles on it Someone hit me in the drivers door at around 30mph. The car, to my amazement, was still driveable, but the insurance company ultimately totaled it.

So I started looking for a replacement, and settled on a 97 Audi A4, with low mileage. I drove it for a few years, but something was missing It didnt inspire me. Cant put my finger on it; the A4 was a nice car, but it just didnt do it for me. Anyway, I succumbed to the pressure and bought a beautiful, low mileage 96 SVX (red with tan leather). It was like giving a drink to an alcoholic. I was happy again. Just the act of driving to work would put a smile on my face. This was around 2004 or so.

However, with around 120 on the clock, it need a few repairs. A new windshield, new tires, and the 120K service which can be expensive. So I figured I'd sell it, which I did. Interestingly enough, the woman who bought it was a fellow SVXophile. She said that she sold hers, missed it, would never be without one again, and that I would feel the same way.

So I looked around and bought a 1998 Lexus SC300. An absolutely beautiful car. It looked nice (but not like an SVX), had a great ride, the interior was simply beautiful, but......but something was missing It didnt inspire me. You hear about cars with no soul. I dont know if I subscribe to such a concept, but the SC came pretty close to adhering to it. So once again, I sold the SC300 and started looking for another SVX. Found one on ebay - low mileage, pearl color, great shape. It arrived last Friday. And once again, I'm just blown away by the car. The pearl is an absolutely beautiful color. The car rides great, and looks incredible. So the buyer of my prior SVX was right' I will probably never be without one. Its nice to be able to smile again on the way to work.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts.

Larry

SoCal LS-L 03-16-2010 06:01 PM

Re: Stream of Consciousness

SVX slut..... Im still with my first :rolleyes::lol:

SVXyGirl 03-16-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L (Post 638487)
SVX slut..... Im still with my first :rolleyes::lol:

I'm still with my first and fourth, but had two other flings...;)

These cars definitely have something...They are so much fun to drive!

Gamesy 03-16-2010 09:07 PM

face it all cars are sluts.. people come in and out of em all the time. and they can fit at least 2 in the front and 2 in the back ;)

1986nate 03-16-2010 09:16 PM

Hey, I just picked up my 3rd as well. Only difference is I have all 3:D

From shortly after I bought mine I realized I never wanted to be without an SVX. That was quickly tested as I found out the motor had piston slap after I fixed an exhaust leak and a couple months later, the trans blew. Hopefully all 3 of mine will be running properly by the end of summer.

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy it.:)

NiftySVX 03-16-2010 09:23 PM

I remember 3 things a friend of mine told me when I first started in the business of wrenching around 2000, when I still had a new looking SVX

1) They used to yell "THERE IS A CERVIX IN MY STALL FOR AN INSPECTION"

2) In new model training (circa 1992 @SVX launch) they told the techs they beefed up the 4EAT enough to sit behind a small block chevy. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

3) People who like SVXs are sick people. They are only a little better off than the XT6 crowd.

Freeman 03-16-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 638517)
face it all cars are sluts.. people come in and out of em all the time. and they can fit at least 2 in the front and 2 in the back ;)

Sounds a lot like my ex.

Baaaaaziiiing!

SilverSpear 03-17-2010 12:01 AM

I think I will also be stuck in the past with the SVX.
Subaru better come up with a new Alcyone and fast to save our souls from that retro effect :rolleyes:

ensteele 03-17-2010 12:04 AM

Well, the SVX has me trapped as well. :D