The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Mt. St. Helens No Fog Edition (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50248)

WestCoastSVX 05-14-2009 09:35 AM

Mt. St. Helens No Fog Edition

Anyone that was at the Mt. St. Helens run last September remembers it was a fun day, but we didn't get to see ANYTHING once we got anywhere near the mountain. :lol:

I believe there was talk about doing this tour, or some variation of it, again, hopefully at a time of year that our chances of thick fog are much less. :D

Maybe in July? Mark and/or Erik, interested?

Shadabob 05-14-2009 12:07 PM

Re: Mt. St. Helens No Fog Edition

I would definately be interested. I would have to get off of work, so if the drive did happen, the sooner a date was locked down, the better chances for me to be able to go (if I cant get it off, I might be able to trade days with someone). This is a great idea for a drive, but yeah that fog sure was a bummer :o Though the pictures I got at the bridge were awesome (you know...were there was aboslutely no fog!)

Anyone else interested??

FUDDMAN 05-14-2009 02:47 PM

You Can Count Us In

Keoni 05-14-2009 08:39 PM

yeah... now that my 94 is running somewhat reliably, and has a new pair of summer shoes

ensteele 05-14-2009 08:59 PM

I am interested as well. That would be great. I had a great time before and we couldn't see. Just think how it will be to see the mountain. :lol: :lol:

mysvxrocks 05-14-2009 09:06 PM

I feel so alone... so SVX'less :(

Keoni 05-14-2009 10:11 PM

dj you need to buy another one!

mysvxrocks 05-14-2009 10:47 PM

Miss the car, dont miss the problems they gave me... :(

Hondasucks 05-14-2009 11:37 PM

I'm down!!!!

Shadabob 05-15-2009 08:05 PM

Okay, my only real good chance is to request a Saturday off. Sadly, July is a tough month since everyone else likes to enjoy the summer time too, but I might be able to do the 11th of the 18th. Anyone have preferences? I would have to get my bid in asap...only one slot left on both of those dates. I could also do the last Saturday in June if that works too (that would be easy to get)?? I have meant to talk to Mark at work, but its been to busy and I missed him both times this week...doh. Of course, maybe if he checked in on the forum more often!! :D;)

KVRXS 05-17-2009 12:49 PM

Hi,
I'm up for a drive. This time to Windy Ridge. Great driving roads and spectacular view of the crater. Erik and I can check the status of the roads, as they were closed for repairs last year. July sounds perfect, the earlier the better. Craving driving things.
Speaking of the driven, the Oregon Trail Rally was awesome. Travis Pastrana is the most insane rally driver since McRae (aka McCrash). Who but us crazed Subaru fans would cheer their hero who has just enveloped us in a massive (can't see or breathe) dust cloud? My car is a huge dust ball, leaving the windows cracked, bad idea, don't think it will ever be clean again.
Summer, Yeah!!!!
Mark:)

ensteele 05-17-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadabob (Post 601545)
Okay, my only real good chance is to request a Saturday off. Sadly, July is a tough month since everyone else likes to enjoy the summer time too, but I might be able to do the 11th of the 18th. Anyone have preferences? I would have to get my bid in asap...only one slot left on both of those dates. I could also do the last Saturday in June if that works too (that would be easy to get)?? I have meant to talk to Mark at work, but its been to busy and I missed him both times this week...doh. Of course, maybe if he checked in on the forum more often!! :D;)

Just remember that the Dabob Seafood Fest is the last weekend of July / first weekend of Aug. :)

Shadabob 05-17-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 601688)
Just remember that the Dabob Seafood Fest is the last weekend of July / first weekend of Aug. :)

Unfortunately, those days were filled 6 months ago at work :mad:. My chances of making a July drive are already slim :(. We are a big department and the time off calender always seems full, especially in the summer months and holidays.

KVRXS 05-17-2009 05:56 PM

Hi,
The last weekend of June, Saturday, the 27th. Tentative. Let us know if that doesn't work for anyone who plans on attending. Works for me, sounds like Erik is open for it too, but heh, we're flexible, just not late September.
This won't be like the last drive, except the same mountain and; hopefully, an "actual" view of it this time. Tell you what, if it's foggy again, then don't forget your hiking boots and a canteen. Oh yeah, some rope, bandaids,....
View, one each, guaranteed.
Mark;)

ensteele 05-17-2009 08:35 PM

One thing for certain - we always have a great time! :D :D :D